Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting

Go down 
+2
GOBLUEJOE66
joe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting Empty
PostSubject: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 4:12 pm

If any of you tweet you should follow

https://twitter.com/nickbaumgardner

https://twitter.com/JoshuaHenschke

https://twitter.com/AceAnbender

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 4:15 pm

El-Kilani: "We are nauseated from the double-speak and public relations gaffes."

El-Kilani says that Brandon has created a toxic atmosphere.

El-Kilani: Change is necessary.

El-Kilani also respectfully requests the regents to relieve Brandon of his duties

This is the initiator of the Petition to fire Brandon.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 4:28 pm

And a new post at mgoblog

Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 7:21 pm

Found this on MLive...between the lines it looks like DB and BH are gone, but.......

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/10/michigan_president_mark_schlis.html

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 7:38 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
Found this on MLive...between the lines it looks like DB and BH are gone, but.......

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/10/michigan_president_mark_schlis.html

Go Blue!!  Smile

sounds like the prez is going to take a while to look through all the facts. i like that. a knee jerk reaction is what a lot of people wanted two weeks ago. I think right now everyone realizes this is the right thing to do. Brandon will be around for a bit longer.... but past the season???? I think he'll be packing the u-haul by mid January.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:01 pm

Mid January is too late to handle the head coaching change efficiently IMO.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:28 pm

wshoes wrote:

After the ohio game, regardless of the result?  I'm not saying that it will work or even that I think it should happen but wht about giving Coach Hoke another year to show wht he can do without DB Brndon's interference?

Last edited by TheNewBlueOrder on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I think that my 'a'-key isn't working too well?)
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:32 pm

I'm of the view that he was 47-50 before coming to Michigan and that another year is a problem because you'd also have to give him a contract extension or recruiting would suffer.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:33 pm

wshoes wrote:

IMHO - the vast majority of the coaches near or at the top of the list will still be coaching in later Dec so UM can't "officially" talk/offer them until their season is done anyway. With that in mind, the real fly in the ointment for hiring a competent coach is for DB to still be at UM. I feel he is just too toxic to still be there into Jan. Don't feel that will be a winner-winner chicken dinner situation for UM.

Sandy - What are the + and - of DB and Hoke being gone early vs BH gone immediately and DB not being removed until after Jan 1?

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:35 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
wshoes wrote:

After the ohio game, regardless of the result?  I'm not saying that it will work or even that I think it should happen but wht about giving Coach Hoke another year to show wht he can do without DB Brndon's interference?

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:36 pm

I hadn't considered that. The prior record doesn't concern me, but possible recruiting ramifications does (and that is his strength).
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 12:02 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
...IMHO - the vast majority of the coaches near or at the top of the list will still be coaching in later Dec so UM can't "officially" talk/offer them until their season is done anyway...

I think UM can talk to whatever coach they want to whenever they want to. I'm not sure but I don't believe there are rules against it. I know that in 2007 UM definitely reached out and met with Les Miles to come take RichRod's place before the season was over. You are right though, the vast majority, if not all of top tier coaches will still be coaching through January.

Some people have called for Chuck Martin to be a candidate for the next coach and there is no way he's going to a bowl. So he's the only guy that I can think of off the top of my head that will be available to talk to immediately after the O$U game. Oh yeah, and the pipe dream Gruden Very Happy

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
Sandy - What are the + and - of DB and Hoke being gone early vs BH gone immediately and DB not being removed until after Jan 1?

monetarily speaking, holding on to hoke until after Jan 1st will save UM $1Min his buyout. UM would have to wait until mid 2015 to not owe DB $3M.

Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 11:15 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
...IMHO - the vast majority of the coaches near or at the top of the list will still be coaching in later Dec so UM can't "officially" talk/offer them until their season is done anyway...

I think UM can talk to whatever coach they want to whenever they want to. I'm not sure but I don't believe there are rules against it. I know that in 2007 UM definitely reached out and met with Les Miles to come take RichRod's place before the season was over. You are right though, the vast majority, if not all of top tier coaches will still be coaching through January.

Some people have called for Chuck Martin to be a candidate for the next coach and there is no way he's going to a bowl. So he's the only guy that I can think of off the top of my head that will be available to talk to immediately after the O$U game. Oh yeah, and the pipe dream Gruden  Very Happy

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:

monetarily speaking, holding on to hoke until after Jan 1st will save UM $1Min his buyout. UM would have to wait until mid 2015 to not owe DB $3M.

Thanks Sandy. Not sure why, but for some reason I was under the impression that you could not "officially" talk turkey to the coach until after their bowl game. I thought the university could talk to the agent of the coach, but could not talk directly to the coach. Learn something new every day! Smile

Not even sure Gruden can be considered a pipe dream. That would totally shock the world if he takes the job!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Coaches change teams before bowl games all the time.  RR was in UM gear when his Mountaineer team was playing their bowl game.  Every year there are interim coaches coaching bowl teams.  Heck, Barry Alverez  came out of retirement to coach Wiscy  in the Rose Bowl when Belama  took the Arkansas job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting   There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting Empty

Back to top Go down

There are a lot of Tweets about the Regents Meeting
Page 1 of 1