Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Regents meeting tomorrow

Go down 
+5
GOBLUEJOE66
BOLEACH7
MGOBLUEBC
fishgoblue22
wshoes
9 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Regents meeting tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 1:19 pm

I assume most have you seen the report that regent Denise Illitich said that AD Brandon would be discussed at tomorrow's meeting. I'm thinking it's not to offer him a contract extension (I know only President Schlissel has the power to fire/hire).

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 2:02 pm

I'm sure they can put pressure on the president to fire.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 2:26 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

I thought I read somewhere the Pres has said he would like the regents recommendation as to DB's job. Or something like that. Maybe that is why they are discussing it or to vote on it, maybe?

The article says that a source has indicated that someone on the Universities  behalf has contacted 3 candidates to gauge their interest. That almost makes it sound like they've already decided.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 3:48 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

I thought I read somewhere the Pres has said he would like the regents recommendation as to DB's job. Or something like that. Maybe that is why they are discussing it or to vote on it, maybe?

The article says that a source has indicated that someone on the Universities  behalf has contacted 3 candidates to gauge their interest. That almost makes it sound like they've already decided.

That is my guess based on my limited (but not worthless) sources.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 4:04 pm

Hopefully the removal of Brandon is step one for the re-birth of Meechigan football as we knew it... GO BLUE! !
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Found this on MLive

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2014/10/report_university_of_michigan_7.html

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:33 pm

As far as I know President Schlissel HATES DB Brandon.  I heard that before President Schlissel even began his position as President.  President Schlissel is on record as saying that he is not too savy with a large D1 athletic program (so MGOBLUEBC was 100% correct), so he will take the reccommendation of the Regents very seriously.  Add to that the petition with over 10K signatures in less than 24 hours, the student protest, the Morris debacle, and the overall feeling of distaste towards DB Brandon and it would be my guess that DB Brandon is gone after this academic year is over, if not sooner.  

However, DB Brandon has generated an absolute ton of money.  The entire athletic campus has been, or is in plans to rennovated since his arrival.  Money does a lot of talking and has an absolute ton of interest.

What I would like to see is DB Brandon demoted to a co-AD status where he is only responsible for fund raising and facility construction.  The new person that UM "brings in" would also be a co-AD but he/she (let's be honest, he) would run everything else.  Scheduling, ticket prices, costs, volunteers (you have no idea how many volunteers will come back if DB Brandon's power is lessened), student involvement, etc. will all be returned to the collegiate enviornment.  Continue running it that way until that DB's contract is up so Michigan doesn't have to buy him out.  Mind you, I'm not saying that will happen but it's my guess.

Coach Hoke is another issue.  The guy is an idiot as we have all witnessed but I am absolutely convinced that DB Brandon is actually running the team.  I don't think he can handle it but after what he has been put through he deserves one year without DB Brandon interfereing.  Of course I won't be remiss if he is given his walking papers at the end of the year, the writing is on the wall already.  Just have the replacement lined up!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?

Last edited by 2ndComingOfRichClod on Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 11:09 am

Do you know what the word remiss means?

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 12:00 pm

2ndComingOfRichClod wrote:
...What I would like to see it DB Brandon demoted to a co-AD status where he is only responsible for fund raising and facility construction.  The new person that UM "brings in" would also be a co-AD but he/she (let's be honest, he) would run everything else.  Scheduling, ticket prices, costs, volunteers (you have no idea how many volunteers will come back if DB Brandon's power is lessened), student involvement, etc. will all be returned to the collegiate enviornment.  Continue running it that way until that DB's contract is up so Michigan doesn't have to buy him out.  Mind you, I'm not saying that will happen but it's my guess...

I don't know if this is possible (paying double salaries) but a two headed monster AD isn't all that bad of an idea.

A money man (Brandon) and a true AD in touch with how the teams should be run and the students and fans should be treated. Interesting point.

Sometimes when you've got money in your pocket (like Michigan does) you tend to pay for convenience so I don't think UM is really all that worried about DB's buyout. I could be wrong though.

PostSubject: Re: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 12:41 pm

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2014/10/16/um-varsity-sport-coaches-sign-letter-supporting-brandon/17351907/
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 1:46 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2014/10/16/um-varsity-sport-coaches-sign-letter-supporting-brandon/17351907/

Well, it appears as though he took all of the "water bottle" $5's and put them towards tutors and after graduation programs for employment.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:11 pm

joe wrote:
Do you know what the word remiss means?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/remiss?s=t

I used the term in an uncoventional manner (I wasn't an English major) however I still got my point across. Basically what I meant was "I couldn't care less if Coach Hoke is fired at the end of the year but I think that he should be given another year."

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Regents meeting tomorrow   Regents meeting tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

Regents meeting tomorrow
Page 1 of 1