Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Championship Playoffs

Go down 
+8
BOLEACH7
tmorris
wshoes
dwoody
GOBLUEJOE66
MGOBLUEBC
BetterThansparty
the artist formally known
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Championship Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:47 pm

seems like the worst team in the playoffs may be the team thats undefeated. How can you not include all the conference champions. I got Alabama no since in not including them, Oregon has looked good all year and would be undefeated if AZ wouldn't have got lucky and Oregon cleaned their clock last Night. Think the should have kept TCU 4th Then they could have decided between O$U and TCU . Think Baylor is out If it was me I'd take TCU and you gotta take FSU because they are undefeated even though I think O$U is better, glad I'm not on the committee,

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:22 am

My four playoff teams:

1. Oregon v. 4. FSU
2. 'bama v 3. o$u

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 7:41 am

Think about this:

TCU loss is to 11-1 Baylor
O$U loss is to 6-6 Va Tech

How do they justify taking TCU out of the play-offs & putting O$U in?

I agree OSU's win is more impressive but.........

Just bringing that point up.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:34 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
My four playoff teams:

1. Oregon v. 4. FSU
2. 'bama v 3. o$u

I saw somewhere this week that if FSU is in then they will play Bama It has something to do with locations, but that was when they were assuming TCU or Baylor would be in. Could end up that O$U will have to go to Pasadena, but who really knows.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:11 am

o$u lost to a mediocre VTech team, so I can't see how it would be picked over TCU. Wisconsin is an OK team in a sorry-ass conference.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:14 am

According to an article on ESPN, if OSU gets into the play-offs they play Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:32 am

dwoody wrote:
o$u lost to a mediocre VTech team, so I can't see how it would be picked over TCU. Wisconsin is an OK team in a sorry-ass conference.

I think that loss to Va Tech will be the killer for OSU. Not sure how the committee can ignore that loss. If Ohio was already at #4 before yesterdays game, I could see them staying #4, but to jump them past TCU with that loss to a mediocre team would surprise me. JMHO.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 11:04 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
dwoody wrote:

I think that loss to Va Tech will be the killer for OSU. Not sure how the committee can ignore that loss. If Ohio was already at #4 before yesterdays game, I could see them staying #4, but to jump them past TCU with that loss to a mediocre team would surprise me. JMHO.

That was what 12 weeks ago? I think they have demonstrated that they in no way resemble that team at this point.
Back to top Go down
tmorris

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 11:13 am

That was literally 2 weeks after the starting QB went down and they had to go with a QB that hadn't taken a snap in a live game in over 2 years. It was twelve weeks ago and there is little doubt that VT would win today.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 11:35 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
According to an article on ESPN, if OSU gets into the play-offs they play Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.

If that is true, gonna be an interesting three and a half frickin weeks for me. Originally from Ohio with Suckeye family and friends!! Now living in Montgomery, Al with Bama (SEC) fans ALL around me!! But, I hope Bama beats the living shit out of the Suckeyes...that is how BAD I abhor the Suckeyes!!!!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 11:51 am

Hobson's choice for me. I hate the sucks, and don't care for Satan.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 12:06 pm

buckeyes hate them as I do .... are conference champions outright ... end of story ... TCU are not champions
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 12:32 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
buckeyes hate them as I do .... are conference champions outright ... end of story ... TCU are not champions

Well, according to the Big 12 they are co-champions with Baylor so I guess that makes them a champion.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 12:47 pm

they showed the Big 12 rules stating that head to head would decide who the champion was .... now for some reason they have gone back on that ... and they are co-champions
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Congrats to the Buckeyes. I am a bit surprised.

I was wrong. I figured they would say the BT is weak & give the nod to TCU or Baylor.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 1:09 pm

Well, my day is SHOT...............Jim supposedly told Michigan 'No' and the Sucknuts are in the play-offs...........guess I'll go bury my head in the sand. lol Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 2:43 pm

Should be 8 teams IMO.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 4:44 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Should be 8 teams IMO.

It will be in time but that is difficult to work out. It'll happen though but that does mean that two teams could play 16 games a year, that's an NFL regular season.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 5:03 pm

Could go 6 teams and give the top 2 a bye, give the higher seeds a home game.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 5:26 pm

wshoes wrote:

I don't see how that woould be fair...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 5:29 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Of course you don't.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 5:47 pm

wshoes wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Of course you don't.

Think about it, that's way too little time to make all of the arangements, sell tickets, get flight plans, etc. However, that is probably the only way to get a SEC team to come north. Even then I don't see it happening in December/January...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
bluenote

bluenote

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 5:56 pm

8 teams..power 5 conference champions get an automatic bid, then 3 at-large bids. This allows for an independent to get an invite, or a non-power 5 team with an amazing season. It would also allow a non-champion team from a power 5 conference to get an at-large bid if their body of work was strong.

No man is more important than The Team.
No coach is more important than The Team.
The Team, The Team, The Team
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 6:14 pm

bluenote wrote:
8 teams..power 5 conference champions get an automatic bid, then 3 at-large bids. This allows for an independent to get an invite, or a non-power 5 team with an amazing season. It would also allow a non-champion team from a power 5 conference to get an at-large bid if their body of work was strong.

+1 Twisted Evil

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Roll Tide
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 9:53 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Roll Tide

^^^^^this^^^^^

'F' O$U
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 10:40 pm

Why have I been reading moo v Baylor all over the place?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptySun Dec 07, 2014 11:05 pm

dwoody wrote:
Why have I been reading moo v Baylor all over the place?

That is the Cotton Bowl match-up.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 7:16 am

bluenote wrote:

+1 Wish this would happen.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 9:31 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Roll Tide

I've been telling my co-workers that I want Bama to beat the living shit out of O$U! Hate them if you want, but the Bama team is very talented, very physical and very deep!! Oh, and the HC is not bad either! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship Playoffs   Championship Playoffs Empty

Back to top Go down

Championship Playoffs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next