Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mich coaching opening- short and to the point

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Mich coaching opening- short and to the point Empty
PostSubject: Mich coaching opening- short and to the point   Mich coaching opening- short and to the point EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 10:05 am

I've never heard of Ty Duffy and there isn't anything new in this, but I think it nicely sums things up:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/12/10/michigan-coaching-search-cutcliffe-harbaugh-miles/
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

PostSubject: Re: Mich coaching opening- short and to the point   Mich coaching opening- short and to the point EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 10:30 am

Great read 'shoes. It is a voice of restraint, sense, and reason. No need to panic at this point.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Mich coaching opening- short and to the point   Mich coaching opening- short and to the point EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 11:43 am

As well written as anything out there in a while. We all know the media is out there to make money, and people will read anything to do with this hire. It doesn't matter if the info is correct or not. That is not their job. They just need to throw it out there and use the word Michigan.

Thanks "shoe!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Mich coaching opening- short and to the point   Mich coaching opening- short and to the point EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:18 pm

I was thinking the same Jimmy boy may not be available till after the season beciase he will be checking out if he gets traded or whatever, I'm sure that SF doesn't terminate him because they don't want to pay him. 1st they will try to workout a trade, 2nd they would work out a bye out, Then Jimmy not going to quit he want the cash, so there you are. Niether party will be done for awhile.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mich coaching opening- short and to the point   Mich coaching opening- short and to the point EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 1:18 pm

A few things from that article stuck out to me.

1) The social media vortex is hungry for information about Michigan’s coaching search. There’s little information available to feed it. There’s every incentive for interested parties to fill that void with misinformation. In short, it’s a fertile climate for bullshit.

As a fan, of course I want to know what's going on with the search. I'm glad Michigan is keeping things close to their vest. I can't say how long I'll put up with it but I think it's critical because I think it's part of their strategy.

2) Harbaugh has every reason to keep the Michigan option alive for leverage. But, as long as that door is open, Michigan won’t shut it.

something tells me Jim is using UM and UM is using Jim.

3) A comment posted in the discussion, "The money has changed, but Michigan still has more "fuck you" money than all but a couple of schools."

The reply, "For sure. Will they employ it? Count me as dubious"

The candidate will dictate the pay this time. Not like last time where UM just threw a bunch of money at a guy that barely had a 50/50 record.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Mich coaching opening- short and to the point   Mich coaching opening- short and to the point EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 2:17 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
A few things from that article stuck out to me.

1) The social media vortex is hungry for information about Michigan’s coaching search. There’s little information available to feed it. There’s every incentive for interested parties to fill that void with misinformation. In short, it’s a fertile climate for bullshit.

As a fan, of course I want to know what's going on with the search. I'm glad Michigan is keeping things close to their vest. I can't say how long I'll put up with it but I think it's critical because I think it's part of their strategy.

2) Harbaugh has every reason to keep the Michigan option alive for leverage. But, as long as that door is open, Michigan won’t shut it.

something tells me Jim is using UM and UM is using Jim.

3) A comment posted in the discussion, "The money has changed, but Michigan still has more "fuck you" money than all but a couple of schools."

The reply, "For sure. Will they employ it? Count me as dubious"

The candidate will dictate the pay this time. Not like last time where UM just threw a bunch of money at a guy that barely had a 50/50 record.

+5

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mich coaching opening- short and to the point   Mich coaching opening- short and to the point Empty

Back to top Go down

Mich coaching opening- short and to the point
Page 1 of 1