Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

#44 player in country, LB Mike McCray...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

#44 player in country, LB Mike McCray... Empty
PostSubject: #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray...   #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray... EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 pm

From Tremendous...

Ohio LB Mike McCray of Trotwood-Madison High School is ranked as the #44 player in the country on Rivals. He is friends with recent commitments Taco Charlton and Jaron Dukes and he has taken notice of their commitments to Michigan. He has told both of them that he could see himself joining them at Michigan.

I was able to chat with him tonight and here is what he told me:

* He confirmed my statement above by telling me that the commitments of Charlton and Dukes have increased his interest in Michigan.
* Mike is going to visit Michigan sometime in March.
* He has talked with Coach Smith, Hoke, and Mattison.
* Michigan is one of the schools Mike has been hearing from the most.
* He has no timeline for a commitment.
* Mike said Roy Roundtree is a good friend of his (Roy went to Trootwood-Madison).
* Roy has told Mike how Michigan is a great school with great coaches, lots of history, and crazy fans (the good kind of crazy).
* Mike has only been to Michigan once, and that was for the Notre Dame game last season. It was one of his favorite games ever.

It seems like Ohio State was going to be the destination for Mike, but they have not offered him and he did not metntion them as one of the schools recruiting him. Michigan has done a great job to make up ground with him and I honestly think they have a chance to steal him from Ohio if his visit in March goes well.

______

OK, some tape.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray...   #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray... EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:00 am

Is Ohio so freakin stacked at LB that they aren't interested in the #44 player in the country?

This doesn't pass the smell test somehow??

PostSubject: Re: #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray...   #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray... EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 8:27 am

Nothing "passes" the smell-test in Columbus, Joe...you oughtta know that; for the same reason dairy farmers worldwide aren't nauseated by the aroma of freshly-voided cowflop...

I'm really glad Mr. McCray differentiated between the, ahem, "varieties" of CRAZY fans. He'll gain a first-hand appreciation of that should he instead chose OSU. And sadly, his FAMILY will gain a first-hand appreciation of same if he chooses U-M, when we play at the toilet bowl... (Grant Bowman's Mom, anyone???)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray...   #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray... EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:17 am

michmike wrote:
(Grant Bowman's Mom, anyone???)

What's this story??

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray...   #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray... EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:23 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Is Ohio so freakin stacked at LB that they aren't interested in the #44 player in the country?

This doesn't pass the smell test somehow??

Let's hope Urban is pulling a Rodriguez and just trying to get guys that fit his system. For 3 years RR largely recruited out of state and the same may happen with Urban. I am sure most of his contacts are in the South. I expect him to land some Florida kids for sure.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray...   #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray... EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:31 am

Admin--- in answer to your question, according to what I've heard/read, and have no trouble believing, the mother (that's right, mother) of Grant Bowman, our noseguard in 2002-2003, at the 2002 game in Columbus, was actually knocked to the ground by OSU orangutans while cheering for her son. (FTR, the Bowmans hail from Columbus).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray...   #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray... EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 10:44 am

That's terrible. Kinda like the time I was out there for the 02 game (the year they won the NC with Clarrett). Gameday was setup outside the shoe. I was just 16. Walking around with my dad, then all of a sudden, buckeye fans were throwing cups of piss all over Michigan fans walking by.

It was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray...   #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray... EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 11:54 am

michmike wrote:
Admin--- in answer to your question, according to what I've heard/read, and have no trouble believing, the mother (that's right, mother) of Grant Bowman, our noseguard in 2002-2003, at the 2002 game in Columbus, was actually knocked to the ground by OSU orangutans while cheering for her son. (FTR, the Bowmans hail from Columbus).

I remember that story. I believe her car was vandalized because she had Ohio plates that said something like UOFM60 or something like that. The story was on MLIVE back then.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray...   #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray... EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:26 pm

Fish's right---her license number's significance to this sickening incident was brought up in the article I read back then.

As for your sordid experience in '02, admin, that's yet another reason to equate the entire city (when Michigan's in town anyhow) to a prison; not
only because of the quality, or lack thereof, of inhabitants, but because of
the need to post signs (as guards are warned by outside certain cells in the slam) reading: "THROWS FECES AND URINE".

Disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray...   #44 player in country, LB Mike McCray... Empty

Back to top Go down

#44 player in country, LB Mike McCray...
Page 1 of 1