Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??  Empty
PostSubject: What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??    What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:03 pm

I thought Lavonte David, the LB at Nebraska was very, very good. I'm glad he's in the Draft.

As far as a kid who will be around next year....believe it or not, that Kain Colter kid from Northwestern, the QB, impressed me throughout the year. He's got some serious athletic ability, and if Fitzgerald is able to surround him with some decent talent, that offense could become pretty tough to defend. Hell, we had problems with it anyway this year until Matty got to halftime and adjusted.

Colter still has 2 seasons left.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??    What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:11 pm

K. Martin, seem like the little bastard was always making a big play or getting loose, RB from Wisconsin who broke Barry sSanders record his name escapes for now (how I don't know must be gettin senile)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??    What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:14 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
K. Martin, seem like the little bastard was always making a big play or getting loose, RB from Wisconsin who broke Barry sSanders record his name escapes for now (how I don't know must be gettin senile)

Montee Ball.....yeah, I forgot about him. Although, technically he was 'already on my radar'. I was answering in the sense of what fresh face in the conference impressed me the most. But I still like your answers.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??    What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:32 pm

I only saw B-10 players in MICHIGAN games, as those were the only ones I watched. And I'd have to go with Devier Posey (and am damned glad he's out of eligibility at OSU). Seems he single-handedly made a mockery of our secondary for most of that game. And even when protecting a 6-point lead in the last 90 seconds, we couldn't keep him from getting behind everyone for a 70-yard TD reception to win the game.

Thank our lucky stars Braxton Miller's arm wasn't accurate (on THAT throw), and, thus, that last sentence NEVER HAPPENED...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??    What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Monte Ball, Russell Wilson, although I think he slowed down as the season wore on.

I don't think Braxton Miller will become an elite QB. He is very athletic, but he doesn't seem to have what it takes. He didn't seem like a leader to me, but then that could be because he is a freshmen.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??    What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 12:56 pm

Ok I'm going to rephrase the question:

What player, not on Michigan, AND IS RETURNING FOR 2012, impressed you most?

In other words, what 'young' guy in the conf impressed you most/scares you the most going forward to next season????

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??    What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Got to stick with Montee Ball. Thought he would bolt to NFL. He is a stud.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??    What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 1:45 pm

Braxton Miller...because unlike Ball, we DO play his team next year. AWAY.

As you (Fish) seem convinced, he DOES have some flaws as a QB, particularly with his passing, but, much as I hate to admit it, I see his shortcomings as all CORRECTIBLE, and even worse, I view him as a Pryor-type who DOES have his head screwed on and feet on the ground (when
not running 20 yards).

Of course, as with all our picks/fears here, only time will tell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??    What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??  EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 2:31 pm

I still say Monte Ball, but Bullough for MSU plays a pretty phisical LB. Marquise for Minny could have a good year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??    What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??  Empty

Back to top Go down

What B1G Player (not from Michigan) impressed you most in 2011??
Page 1 of 1