Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's talk about shirts!!

Go down 
+4
fishgoblue22
sandyeggo_blue
the artist formally known
Go_Blue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Let's talk about shirts!! Empty
PostSubject: Let's talk about shirts!!   Let's talk about shirts!! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:35 pm

I know that is an odd topic title, but oh well.

The truth is I have so many UM shirts that I started my own little tradition without even knowing it. When I was 18, I started buying a new UM shirt at the start of each season. I would that shirt for each game. At the end of the year i would hang it up and not wear it for another game. I still do this with a couple of exceptions. When UM won the NC in 1997 my brother, the MSU fan, sent me a UM NC shirt. It is very nice and I hung it up. In 1999 UM had 2 loses entering the Ohio game (one to Lil Bro) and I was going to my buddies house to watch the game. The previous week I had stayed at the lake-house and watched the PSU game with my friend Matt. I had forgotten my 1999 UM shirt there. I panicked because I didn't have the time to make the 3 hour drive it would take to get the shirt. I looked in the closet and decided the only shirt I could wear would be the 1997 NC shirt my brother gave me. The game was tied 17-17 with a few minutes remaining. It was a normal nail-biting game and I thought I had cursed UM by not wearing my 1999 shirt (I'll bet some of you blame yourselves for shit also) but Tom Brady hit Walker with a few minutes left in the game to secure a victory. Sending UM to the Orange Bowl to play the Crimson Tide.

I made the short trip to Miami and got to witness one of the best games i will ever remember. For the game I bought a #32 Jersey to wear. What an amazing effort. Bama stuffed our running game and one of my favorite rbs A-Train was held to less than 50 yards. Tom Brady was brilliant. I think he threw for over 350 yards and had 4 tds including the one in OT. At any rate, at the end of the game when UM won, I got on the field and partied. I found myself next to A-Train and asked if he would sign my jersey and he did...right on the 3 on the back.

Anyway...to my topic point...The only shirt I wear, for the Ohio game, is my 1997 NC shirt. And the only shirt I wear, for Bowl games, is the 1999 #32 jersey signed by A-Train.

And there we have another trip down memory lane.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about shirts!!   Let's talk about shirts!! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:46 pm

I do not wear iany michigan stuff on the day Michigan plays, seem to Jinx them. So on Game day I wera anything but Michigan stuff.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about shirts!!   Let's talk about shirts!! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 4:59 pm

I still wear the same Michigan T shirt for every UM game that I've been wearing since 2001

I do purchase special game shirts/jerseys (i.e. bowl games, ND night game, big chill, etc) but I only wear the navy blue T with michigan across the chest. I've seen them in the M Den catalog for $15 but I never waiver.

I have all of my UM game shirts neatly folded in a drawer (I almost need a new drawer because I have so many). Maybe someday I'll give them to my kids when they are older. Or maybe someday after I die my kids will stumble upon them, they will be the only shirts known in existence and they will be mint and my kids will sell them to an avid UM collector billionaire for tons of money and they will blow it all on something absolutely ridiculous. Who knows?

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about shirts!!   Let's talk about shirts!! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:04 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
I do not wear iany michigan stuff on the day Michigan plays, seem to Jinx them. So on Game day I wera anything but Michigan stuff.

This would be a good topic...

What are your game day traditions or superstitions???

Mine

1. Always wear Michigan gear
2. If at game, never in my seat for kickoff.
3. If at home never watch kickoff.
4. Always stand up when UM is in the red zone.
5. No bathroom breaks EVER!!!

Can't really think of any others.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about shirts!!   Let's talk about shirts!! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:12 pm

Hold beer and football when UM is on offense.

Beer on end table and football in chair next to me when UM is on defense.

Throw football on ground when there is a fumble. (I know, pathetic.)

Wear jersey #7 or #4. Wife wears #1.

Only open beer with UM bottle opener that plays The Victors.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about shirts!!   Let's talk about shirts!! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 5:26 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Hold beer and football when UM is on offense.

Beer on end table and football in chair next to me when UM is on defense.

Throw football on ground when there is a fumble. (I know, pathetic.)

Wear jersey #7 or #4. Wife wears #1.

Only open beer with UM bottle opener that plays The Victors.

Throw football on the ground when there is a fumble... ha ha that is great!

on a side note, I broke my UM bottle opener a few years ago and haven't replaced it. I'm mostly a can guy anyway.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about shirts!!   Let's talk about shirts!! EmptyThu Feb 23, 2012 6:04 pm

My dad bought me the authentic nike jersey from '97 (#2) of course for that Christmas, I believe. I wore that jersey for the Rose Bowl a week later.

To this day, I still wear that jersey every Saturday (granted it is much too small for me now....back then they wore the jerseys only as long as the waist and very tight....needless to say I'm taller and wider than I was when I was 11.

For the last few years I've looked at retiring the #2, but I've battled it. I refuse to switch to some shitty replica jersey. And even the 'authentic' jerseys you can buy from the MDen are NOT authentic. The closest you'll ever get to wearing the actual jersey our boys wear is if you were one of the lucky ones who were able to buy the TechFit jerseys that sold for a couple weeks prior to Christmas.

Pisses me off.

It used to be if you bought the 'authentic', you legit were buying the 'authentic'. That's how my #2 is. Now 'authentic' simply means 'better than the shitty replica jersey hanging to the right'.

I've tried finding those TechFits on the secondary market, ebay, craigslist, etc., but no one is budging.

Every once in a while a legit authentic will pop up on Ebay. For a month or so there was a game-worn, away Obi Ezeh jersey going for about $375 on ebay. There's another one of those up, a Cap One Bowl jersey, that was game-worn by someone named Reyes (#30).

Anyway, I'll continue to wear the much-too-tight #2 until I can get my hands on something that is equally authentic.

That was my jersey rant.

As for the rest of my weird actions on gameday....

I have no set "arrangement" (i.e. I sit at this spot on the couch the whole time). But if we're playing well, you better believe no one in the damn room is moving until I say otherwise!

One thing that has changed over the years is my interaction with folks like yourselves when I'm watching from home. I used to never have the cell phone near me, no laptop, no nothing. Now I can't help but at least have the laptop open in front of me so I can follow some convo.

Outside of that, when I'm AT the Big House. On the way up, we ALWAYS stop at a McDonald' in Three Rivers, I believe, and grab breakfast (this is usually at about 6:30am). I refuse to park anywhere other than the Golf Course or Pioneer. As soon as I get out of the car, I open up my handle of whiskey and go to town, up until about 40 minutes before kickoff. Then we scramble to pack the tailgate back away, and get inside the stadium.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about shirts!!   Let's talk about shirts!! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Admin wrote:
My dad bought me the authentic nike jersey from '97 (#2) of course for that Christmas, I believe. I wore that jersey for the Rose Bowl a week later.

To this day, I still wear that jersey every Saturday (granted it is much too small for me now....back then they wore the jerseys only as long as the waist and very tight....needless to say I'm taller and wider than I was when I was 11.

For the last few years I've looked at retiring the #2, but I've battled it. I refuse to switch to some shitty replica jersey. And even the 'authentic' jerseys you can buy from the MDen are NOT authentic. The closest you'll ever get to wearing the actual jersey our boys wear is if you were one of the lucky ones who were able to buy the TechFit jerseys that sold for a couple weeks prior to Christmas.

Pisses me off.

It used to be if you bought the 'authentic', you legit were buying the 'authentic'. That's how my #2 is. Now 'authentic' simply means 'better than the shitty replica jersey hanging to the right'.

I've tried finding those TechFits on the secondary market, ebay, craigslist, etc., but no one is budging.

Every once in a while a legit authentic will pop up on Ebay. For a month or so there was a game-worn, away Obi Ezeh jersey going for about $375 on ebay. There's another one of those up, a Cap One Bowl jersey, that was game-worn by someone named Reyes (#30).

Anyway, I'll continue to wear the much-too-tight #2 until I can get my hands on something that is equally authentic.

That was my jersey rant.

As for the rest of my weird actions on gameday....

I have no set "arrangement" (i.e. I sit at this spot on the couch the whole time). But if we're playing well, you better believe no one in the damn room is moving until I say otherwise!

One thing that has changed over the years is my interaction with folks like yourselves when I'm watching from home. I used to never have the cell phone near me, no laptop, no nothing. Now I can't help but at least have the laptop open in front of me so I can follow some convo.

Outside of that, when I'm AT the Big House. On the way up, we ALWAYS stop at a McDonald' in Three Rivers, I believe, and grab breakfast (this is usually at about 6:30am). I refuse to park anywhere other than the Golf Course or Pioneer. As soon as I get out of the car, I open up my handle of whiskey and go to town, up until about 40 minutes before kickoff. Then we scramble to pack the tailgate back away, and get inside the stadium.

-When it gets to two weeks prior to opening day kick-off I always know exactly how much time is remaining until kick-off (hours:minutes).

-When it gets to ten days until kick-off I have the time remaining in minutes until scheduled kick-off.

-10 hours before kick-off (yep, you know where this is going) it's down to seconds remaining until kick-off (although I do throw in the word "approximtely").

-I usually go to the season opener as I know a lot of people who don't go to that game yet have season tickets so, prior to last year, I would always get in-line at the Golf Course at about 7:45 a.m. and crack my first beer on the road while in line (Please note: This particular tradition is now null and void thanks to A2's finest).

-Two weeks prior to kick-off I put my Michigan Marching Band CD in the CD player in my car and that's all I listen to until kick-off.

-I never, when watching games at home on TV, have anything in my hands while there is a play going on. I've broken too many cell phones and remote controls by throwing them against the wall after a bad play that way.

-I only watch one game per year in a bar with friends, usually against a MAC team too. I HATE it when people talk or walk by the TV during a play, that always happens in bars. And also, without fail, there is some @$$-hole sparty fan there cheering against Michigan making the stupidest comments in the world. For all the other games, I have to be either at the game or watching by myself at home. (As a side note, I actually went to the Toledo game in '08, thinking that would be a sure win. I didn't want to drive 2-hours to A2 to watch a loss. Well, we all know how that ended up. It took me 30 minutes to even be able to leave the stadium.)

What a Face

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about shirts!!   Let's talk about shirts!! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Hey 2nd, why do you copy his entire post to yours when yours is directly under his? Man, it makes for a long page. Just sayin.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about shirts!!   Let's talk about shirts!! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:30 pm

Admin wrote:
I refuse to park anywhere other than the Golf Course or Pioneer. As soon as I get out of the car, I open up my handle of whiskey and go to town, up until about 40 minutes before kickoff. Then we scramble to pack the tailgate back away, and get inside the stadium.

Very Happy We have to get together for a tailgate sometime. I always have whiskey or scotch when I am tailgating. If my friend from Phllly is in town we always have Crown on hand. We grew up on the stuff.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about shirts!!   Let's talk about shirts!! EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:41 pm

A tailgate is a certainty.

Many people have asked about it and my guess is there will be more than one but maybe only 1 official one.

(unless you were inviting ADMIN and not THEstjoemfan! lol)

Anyway, many have mentioned wanting to get together.

It will be so much easier on this forum because we can sned PMs right on the forum and not have to do the "Dude, You have mail" thing. (One MAJOR advantage of this forum.)

I know a few will be at the Air Force game already. I'm guessing I will too.

PostSubject: Re: Let's talk about shirts!!   Let's talk about shirts!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's talk about shirts!!
Page 1 of 1