Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A needed road win

Go down 
+4
jjabilene
fishgoblue22
dwoody
umichfaninpa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 9:50 pm

A very nice and much needed road win for first game without levert and with all the sickness. They made mistakes but hung in there and pulled it out.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 pm

If I was playing a drinking game triggered by the phrase "playing their first game without LeVert...", I'd have gone through two fifths of Jack. It seems like they said that every thirty seconds or so.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:24 am

dwoody wrote:
If I was playing a drinking game triggered by the phrase "playing their first game without LeVert...", I'd have gone through two fifths of Jack. It seems like they said that every thirty seconds or so.

+1
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 10:26 am

I was really surprised how well they played, even though it was Rutgers. I figured there would be a steep learning curve with the changes to the rotation. JB sure can coach. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of the smaller lineup with Irvin at the four and three guards, depending on the team they're playing. Having said that, it doesn't really change my outlook for the season, the conference schedule is really backloaded. Things are about to get a lot tougher.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:06 pm

This may be the last game they win until they play NW on 3/3 looking at the schedule they have a pretty tough schedule from here in.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 12:32 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
This may be the last game they win until they play NW on 3/3 looking at the schedule they have a pretty tough schedule from here in.

Or maybe they win a couple and start to gel as a team. Don't quit on them.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:01 pm

If I walk out the front door, a piano might fall on my head.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 1:25 pm

jjabilene wrote:

HA! classic

although in this instance I would agree that the odds are much better that the team doesn't win a game for a while than a piano falling on your head.

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 3:44 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
jjabilene wrote:

HA! classic

although in this instance I would agree that  the odds are much better that the team doesn't win a game for a while than a piano falling on your head.

Just trying to one-up the guy who always thinks the worst case scenario is going to happen Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 4:16 pm

I think that vs Nebraska, @ Illinois, @ Northwestern, and vs Rutgers are all toss-up games. I think that 3-1 from those games is very doable. That would give Michigan 8 conference wins. Steal one more win from the 7 underdog games and a .500 conference record is attained. That would be incredible, considering the state of the team right now.

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 4:17 pm

jjabilene wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
jjabilene wrote:

HA! classic

although in this instance I would agree that  the odds are much better that the team doesn't win a game for a while than a piano falling on your head.

Just trying to one-up the guy who always thinks the worst case scenario is going to happen Very Happy .

If I knew where he lived I hire the guy to drop it and pay for the piano.
truly believe that you need maize and Blue glasses to post on this forum.
Ive never seen so many wisher and hoper in my life look at the damm schedule

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 6:11 pm

jjabilene wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
jjabilene wrote:

HA! classic

I don't see anything wrong with wishing and hoping for a win and publicly stating it, as well as citing past positives that may assist said wish or hope.  

I know the odds of winning the lottery but every time I buy a ticket I wish and hope for a win. There I said it. now drop a piano on me.

I've never looked for the forum you are looking for but here you go artist:  http://lmgtfy.com/?q=MGoForum+for+pesimistic+fans+that+play+every+game+on+paper

hailtoyourvictor

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:27 pm

jjabilene wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
jjabilene wrote:

HA! classic

Remember that time you said Trey Burke's team sucked and wouldn't do anything in the postseason? You can't even concede about being embarrassingly wrong about that.

You also predicted 7 Big Ten wins for Michigan this year and that was with Caris LeVert. Michigan should get to 7 wins even with LeVert being out for most of the Big Ten season.

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 9:00 pm

eggo that last post hurt my head . Sorry i'm not a wisher or a hoper, I see the obvious and go with that. I see some very tough opponent, I think 3 of them are rated and O$U that kicked this teams ass to the curb last they played a very physical MSU team.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:21 am

eggo that last post hurt my head . Sorry i'm not a wisher or a hoper, I see the obvious and go with that. I see some very tough opponent, I think 3 of them are rated and O$U that kicked this teams ass to the curb last they played a very physical MSU team.

you see the obvious on paper and go with that and you stick with that, no matter what. it's what you do. you always have and let's face it, UM basketball isn't Kentucky or Duke and because of that you go strait to the negatives that you see on paper.

But when a UM team led by a player, who both on paper, obviously don't deserve to be in the national championship game, and a player who obviously should never be a naismith winner defies all of your obvious logic you still can't admit that a wish or a hope might be possible. You continue to tear the team down even when they have moments that exceed your own obvious paper logic.

I'm not attacking you, I'm just trying to understand your reasoning behind the constant negativity.

and for the record I agree with your take on the schedule ahead. I could see UM going on a long losing skid given the teams that they play  and the state of the roster but I've seen enough from our team this season and the teams on the schedule (both good and bad) that make me wonder why it's so obvious to you that we lose them all.

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:24 am

eggo, my negative attitude id from watching this team play. Your right I didn't expect a Kentucky. But I did expect a pretty favorable team. One that could defend, shoot and get some rebounds. I look at this team before Lavert got hurt and thought they were every bit as good as MSU. Personnel wise maybe a little better, but Irvin at least to me has been a disappointment, I thought he be stronger with a full playing tine. LaVert was doing his part. They had no inside game, defense or offense, I was Highly disappointed in that, teams would go inside at will and score on them . That's unacceptable. I also thought this team was soft, and didn't have the attitude to compete at all cost, If I thought this team was giving their all I would drop it all. I look at this team a little like the football team they think if they show up , the other team will quit , it isn't happening, nobody afraid of these guys.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 10:55 am

eggo, my negative attitude is because that's who I am.

Fixed that for you.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:06 am

The teams they've beaten in the conference have the five worst records in league play. They haven't played any of the five teams (other than Michigan) with the best records in the conference. I think we're all aware that they're in for a rough patch.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:36 am

Beilein's teams have never had a strong inside presence. They are almost always out rebounded, even when they went to the NC game.
Back to top Go down

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 12:29 pm

jjabilene wrote:
The teams they've beaten in the conference have the five worst records in league play. They haven't played any of the five teams (other than Michigan) with the best records in the conference. I think we're all aware that they're in for a rough patch.

who is this referencing, what team

and in the other post I'm pretty sure that was made in sarcasm to another issue.

also In the NCAA run pretty sure McCary had a pretty strong inside presence, that resulted in that run, fact I'm certain I seen that on a BTN some where.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:10 pm

Not sure why you keep bringing MSU up, artist. MSU might miss the tournament this year and have no excuse. They have had no injuries and have a veteran roster.

Look at their top 5 players:
Valentine - Junior
Trice - Senior
Dawson - Senior
Forbes - Junior
Costello - Junior

Meanwhile, Michigan is relying on a handful of freshmen (Doyle, Donnal, Dawkins, MAAR, Chatman).

Michigan's struggles can be blamed partly on youth, inexperience, and injuries. MSU has no excuse for being bad.

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:45 pm

jjabilene wrote:
eggo, my negative attitude is because that's who I am.

Fixed that for you.

jjabilene wrote:

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Beilein's teams have never had a strong inside presence.  They are almost always out rebounded, even when they went to the NC game.

pretty sure the original quote was a sarcastic reply to someone harassing me, 2nd Item to what team are you referring too. and 3rd item sure McCary was a positive inside presence in the Ncaa Run.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Eggo you can wish and hope all you want ,that will only brings you disappointment. Wishing and hoping seldom beats hard work ,and execution. You could wish he would miss that shot but if you work hard and defense that shot he more likely to miss.

here is a site for you wishing+ hoping +with my Maize+blue +shades they win.com

lol! bounce bounce affraid

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:24 pm

Fish is right that Beilein's teams normally are out rebounded. Would he (and) we like more rebounds? Sure, but it is a conscious trade-off. We sacrifice offensive rebounds to get back on D and avoid giving up easy transition baskets. We sacrifice defensive rebounds by placing greater value on bigs who can move, run, and shoot (the fact that we aren't shooting well this year doesn't change the profile sought).

As we play more zone- that is another issue because its is more difficult to block out than in a man to man. A trade-off again.

Some fans think their team should be good at everything- unless you're loaded with 5 star talent that isn't happening. McGary could rebound- he also was great on the break and a great passer. Would we take another just like him if we could get one? Sure.

Beilein values shooting, ball handling/avoiding turnovers, and intelligent guys- those won't necessarily be power forwards and centers who are great rebounders.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 7:44 pm

Eggo you can wish and hope all you want ,that will only brings you disappointment. Wishing and hoping seldom beats hard work ,and execution. You could wish he would miss that shot but if you work hard and defense that shot he more likely to miss.

so then I'll take a look at the roster next year for the Football team and say 6-6 is where we'll finish and not even hope to beat MSU or O$U.

I'll play the entire season out on paper on Aug 31st and not watch a single game.

"...you can wish and hope all you want ,that will only brings you disappointment..." - that says everything I need to know about you as a person.

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 9:15 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

so then I'll take a look at the roster next year for the Football team and say 6-6 is where we'll finish and not even hope to beat MSU or O$U.

I'll play the entire season out on paper on Aug 31st and not watch a single game.

"...you can wish and hope all you want ,that will only brings you disappointment..."  - that says everything I need to know about you as a person.

Well 1st there is an entirely new coaching staff. 2nd I would say they don't have a chance against MSU because its a home game, Still I only have them @ 8-4 maybe 7-6 on paper that is,but the difference between your prediction and mine this year is that . You have seen michigan play and you have seen their opponents play so you have a knowledge of the teams now.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A needed road win Empty
PostSubject: Re: A needed road win   A needed road win Empty

Back to top Go down

A needed road win
Page 1 of 1