Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We did what we needed to do

Go down 
+2
joe
wshoes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

We did what we needed to do Empty
PostSubject: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Saturdays game could have been a negative if we had struggled at any point. The fact that we thoroughly dominated on both sides of the ball is a relief. It does not mean we can confidently hope to do well against a higher level of competition. That remains to be seen but it was an important confidence builder and a lot of guys played and most played well.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 8:59 pm

Right. Still a Missouri situation. SHOW ME

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 9:42 pm

wshoes wrote:
Saturdays game could have been a negative if we had struggled at any point. The fact that we thoroughly dominated on both sides of the ball is a relief. It does not mean we can confidently hope to do well against a higher level of competition. That remains to be seen but it was an important confidence builder and a lot of guys played and most played well.

Well I wasn't thrilled with the first drive (3 and out) but other than that it was good. To nitpick we couldn't see any sustained drives either as there were long runs for scores. I'm content for now though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptySun Sep 09, 2018 10:01 pm

https://amp.detroitnews.com/amp/1243907002

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 6:40 am

Last year UM struggled with cupcakes at home. Cincinnati and Air Force were both still in the game going into the 4th quarter. Should have been a sign of things to come. Dominating a weak team is a sign of positive things IMHO.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 1:54 pm

We are not going to find out anything else this weekend either. SMU's defense is abysmal. Their offense is pitiful.

Maybe we can get a feel for the team next week against Nebraska. Maybe.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 4:55 pm

I hate to say it but I agree with 'fish, sort of. It's kind of a double-edged sword though. Yes Michigan should be blowing out the weak teams however like he stated last year Michigan kinda squeaked by the lesser teams. That was a sign which we kinda ignored. Now destroying lesser teams doesn't guarantee a good team ut it IS NOT a warning sign. That being said I am still on my pre-season prediction of 8-4 (that hurts to admit). Maybe Michigan finishes 9-3 but that's a big maybe. I still see both Wisconsin and ohio state as almost guaranteed losses. There will be at least one additional loss between Northwestern, sparty, and Penn State though for the 8-4 finish though. Other losses could occur as well but do not seem likely.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 6:16 pm

Wisconsin will be tough but we were right with them in Madison last year until QB got hurt. Think we can stop their running game and Shea gives me much more confidence at QB. Not conceding anything though @OSU looks like "a bridge too far."
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptyMon Sep 10, 2018 7:07 pm

wshoes wrote:
Wisconsin will be tough but we were right with them in Madison last year until QB got hurt. Think we can stop their  running game and Shea gives me much more confidence at QB. Not conceding anything though @OSU looks like "a bridge too far."

Other teams have improved as well....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 8:31 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
wshoes wrote:
Wisconsin will be tough but we were right with them in Madison last year until QB got hurt. Think we can stop their  running game and Shea gives me much more confidence at QB. Not conceding anything though @OSU looks like "a bridge too far."

Other teams have improved as well....

Absolutely- but QB is the single most important position on 95 percent of teams and a major upgrade there counts extra.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptyTue Sep 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Agreed, QB upgrade is a major plus. That gives me hope against Bucky. Not sure about stopping their run game. Slowing it down might be about the best we can hope for. Remember Ron Dayne never rushed for 100 against UM and that turned out well for us.

NCHawk

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptyMon Sep 17, 2018 10:45 pm

all you gotta do is win those OOC game by 2 scores or more and play defense and they'll leave you alone.
Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do EmptyTue Sep 18, 2018 10:54 pm

https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/1042050615323418624
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We did what we needed to do   We did what we needed to do Empty

Back to top Go down

We did what we needed to do
Page 1 of 1