Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hockey is over- I will miss it

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Hockey is over- I will miss it Empty
PostSubject: Hockey is over- I will miss it   Hockey is over- I will miss it EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 10:48 pm

After a tough first period where Minnesota carried the play I thought we battled well, before coming up short to what was the better team 2-4 but really a one goal loss without the empty netter. We just couldn't beat PSU when we needed to this year.

I wonder if this is it for Red?
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Hockey is over- I will miss it   Hockey is over- I will miss it EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 11:21 pm

1 mental mistake and playing 3 nights in a row, was just to much to overcome. Penalties, and fatigue. It was a tight game and for awhile there I thought they might pull it out..
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Hockey is over- I will miss it   Hockey is over- I will miss it EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 3:32 am

IMHO Coach Berenson is done. Of course he still has more time left on his contract although he is on record as saying when he starts getting in the way he'll step down. 3 years missing the NCAA's and I think he'll retire. I have no inside information on this topic....
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hockey is over- I will miss it   Hockey is over- I will miss it EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 12:21 pm

time to bring in babcock?

hey we made it happen with jim
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hockey is over- I will miss it   Hockey is over- I will miss it EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm

Mel Pearson is the guy I want
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hockey is over- I will miss it   Hockey is over- I will miss it EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 2:01 pm

yeah I seem to remember people having a WTF moment when he left because I think it was assumed for quite some time that he would be the guy when Red retired. But Red has stuck around.

side note: a quick google check shows that he hasn't had a winning season at MT yet.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Hockey is over- I will miss it   Hockey is over- I will miss it EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 2:54 pm

Uh, Tech was 29-9-2 this year...

Mel isn't coming back to Michigan, Babcock has a better chance of coming to Michigan than Mel does and I see neither of those things happening. I'm now leaning towards Billy Powers taking over but I seriously have no idea. I'd say Brian Wiseman but he just got here, granted he played at Michigan but he hasn't been coaching long enough. I still have no idea what intermAD Hacket will do with Hockey, if anything. After I get over my hang-over from last nights loss I'll be writing my letter expressing my dissatisfaction with the current state of the hockey program. The team isn't that bad, as Michigan fans we've gotten spolied with phenomenal teams. I'm talking about all of the crappy canned music and those God-fer-saken ads. Ticket prices also need to come down. Yost isn't Yost and it hasn't been since DB Brandon got here, the rennovations didn't help but they were a neccessary evil.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hockey is over- I will miss it   Hockey is over- I will miss it EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 8:34 pm

yep I totally spaced that out. I didn't think to check this year. I only checked his first three years.

2011/12 - 16-19-4
2012/13 - 13-20-4
2013/14 - 14-19-7

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hockey is over- I will miss it   Hockey is over- I will miss it Empty

Back to top Go down

Hockey is over- I will miss it
Page 1 of 1