Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Notes from last night's scrimmage

Go down 
+4
MgoBlue
the artist formally known
fishgoblue22
Admin
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Notes from last night's scrimmage Empty
PostSubject: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 10:25 am

* Rudock was with the 1's, Morris with the 2's
* Deveon Smith seemed to get the most carries, Ty Isaac 2nd, Green 3rd. No Drake Johnson action in game situations.
* Drake Harris and Grant Perry were on the field for every redzone snap of Rudock's.
* No Darboh last night. Street clothes with a finger issue. Splint on his pinky.
* Chesson exclusively with the 2's
* Brian Cole having an up and down camp. Coming in as a RB, he's got a lot of work to do on route running.
*** I'm hearing this morning that Freddie Canteen has been moved to defense (!!!). He also wasn't dressed last night. Arm in a sling.
* OL: Cole, Braden, Glasgow, Kalis, Magnuson. Dawson came in for Braden in later series
* Kugler and Wheatley both on crutches

* Lots of five DB stuff on defense, with Peppers at the nickle, Jeremy Clark and and Stribling as CB's, Wilson and Hill at safeties. (Jourdan Lewis appears to only have worked out in the drills, no game situations. People guessing injury, so the CB position isn't a lock with the first five mentioned.)
* Wayne Lyons mainly only played with the 2's
* Glasgow, Henry and Godin got the most rep on DL
* Not much Taco Charlton or Lawrence Marshall on the field during game situations

* Kenny Allen and Seychel took all the game situation field goal kicks. No Andrew David. Competition between the first two appears close and undecided.
* New punter O'Neill was the holder each snap.
* No punt formations shown last night to the public...so we'll have to wait until Sept 3 to see what our modern punt formation will look like, and how the Aussie boots the ball.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 12:07 pm

I read that Chesson was with the ones with Harris and Perry in the slot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 12:08 pm

good job on the report, still questioning what the receiver core will look like, to me that seems to be Michigan greatest weakness.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 1:28 pm

I am trying figure out what Jim was hiding yesterday. I know he banned phones but he obviously knows people would take notes or remember as much as they could report it later. Is he throwing us off on anything?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 1:50 pm

Trust Jim knows what he was doing ... pretty certain that the plays shown were not at the top of the play calling charts ... as for who was playing where cant see that helping the opposition much ... Biggest take for me is Rudock running almost all the 1st team reps .... maybe Shane was over-hyped considering through spring and fall camps he is still not the de facto starter .... The last two years you could say truthfully that it was inept coaching ... Not anymore !!! .... then again being the evil genius that he is , Shane is in fact the starter and last night was a farce LOL
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 2:19 pm

The coaching has improved ten-fold but remember, Coach Harbaugh, et al. haven't had the much time with the kids yet. I do not expect to see improvement even in fundementals until late this season at the very earlist (most likely next season). I fully anticipate seeing regression at some point this year when the game speeds up and players begin acting on impulse. 7 wins, tops...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 2:25 pm

Most of these kids were top recruits so they must have had some sound fundamentals ... They were allowed to digress by inept coaching which lead to being lazy and lackadaisical... Not expecting an 11 win season but I fully expect these kids to be sound fundamentally and not repeat mistakes ... One thing is for certain , there will be consequences for making the same mistakes over and over ... A seat on the bench instead of continually being sent out on the field as with the Clapper
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:18 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Most of these kids were top recruits so they must have had some sound fundamentals ... They were allowed to digress by inept coaching which lead to being lazy and lackadaisical... Not expecting an 11 win season but I fully expect these kids to be sound fundamentally and not repeat mistakes ... One thing is for certain , there will be consequences for making the same mistakes over and over ... A seat on the bench instead of continually being sent out on the field as with the Clapper

I agree, to an extent. However you must remember that they wer highly rated recruits out of High School, that means with High School fundementals. That does not translate to the college game too well and becomes glaring after 1 to 3 years of poor coaching. I don't think that they'll repeat mistakes too much this year either but they will make mistakes. They are remember kids without terrific coaching at the college level the past 1 to 3 years. We can definitely agree that the coaching is far better now but they've only had a few weeks of it spread out over the spring and fall camp. It'll be a little bit before consistant good play will returns to Michigan.

On another topic, do you think that we will ever see Coach Harbaugh clap? You have got to think that was warned when he first came here. If he did you know that the idoit Henson would say something about it. Ace Williams would too....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 5:16 pm

I think Jim is a fist pumper and shoulder slapper LOL
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Actually drove around campus today, stopped by The Big House.

I asked if Coach Harbaugh was around but there was no response.

Notes from last night's scrimmage Thetea10

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 10:55 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:

You're right...he ran with the 1's with Darboh out with injury.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 1:00 pm

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/08/22/michigan-football-open-practice/32220389/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=michigan-wolverines-football

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 9:31 pm

Grant Perry seems to be the starter at the slot .... didnt see that coming ... but proves the days of entitlement are gone ... You have to earn your position
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:41 am

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Grant Perry seems to be the starter at the slot .... didnt  see that coming ... but proves the days of entitlement are gone ... You have to earn your position

I really like what I am hearing about him. Receiving has been a position of need. Sounds like Cole has been slow to adjust to this point. Not surprising since it is essentially a new position for him.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 8:44 am

Admin wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

You're right...he ran with the 1's with Darboh out with injury.

That makes sense. I like Chesson as a blocker at WR.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage EmptySat Aug 29, 2015 5:27 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Grant Perry seems to be the starter at the slot .... didnt  see that coming ... but proves the days of entitlement are gone ... You have to earn your position

perry has absolutely been killing it in practice and the staff loves his play. Grant Perry is going to be a fun one to watch this year.

PostSubject: Re: Notes from last night's scrimmage   Notes from last night's scrimmage Empty

Back to top Go down

Notes from last night's scrimmage
Page 1 of 1