Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Luck and RGIII at the Combine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Luck and RGIII at the Combine Empty
PostSubject: Luck and RGIII at the Combine   Luck and RGIII at the Combine EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:25 am

So really, what good did it do for these 2?

Luck will still be first and RGIII will still be second.

So what would it have taken to move RGIII over Luck? a 4.2 40 yard dash? a 50 inch verticle? a 49 in the Wonderlic?

Really. Was there anything he could have done that would have moved him above Luck?

Not really going anywhere with this. Just typing out loud ya know?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luck and RGIII at the Combine   Luck and RGIII at the Combine EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:21 am

Agreed. Luck was the clear #1 going in.

If anything, the 40 time Luck put up took all the doubt out of any scout's mind.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Luck and RGIII at the Combine   Luck and RGIII at the Combine EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:32 am

The only real news is that now St Louis will demand a lot more for RGIII when they trade his pick. They have made it known for a while now that Bradford is their guy and they are shopping the pick. My guess is they went from getting a first and second round pick and possibly some money to a minimum two first round picks and another later round pick and some money or a player.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Luck and RGIII at the Combine   Luck and RGIII at the Combine EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:40 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
The only real news is that now St Louis will demand a lot more for RGIII when they trade his pick. They have made it known for a while now that Bradford is their guy and they are shopping the pick. My guess is they went from getting a first and second round pick and possibly some money to a minimum two first round picks and another later round pick and some money or a player.

They can hold that pick for ransom...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Luck and RGIII at the Combine   Luck and RGIII at the Combine EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:27 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

That's a good point, Sandy.

Sucks for the Rams, because I don't know if Bradford is ever going to materialize. I give the org credit for sticking to their guns and with their 3rd year (right?) QB. But let's say Bradford never reaches his potential, and RGIII turns out to be a stud? St. Louis will kick themselves for 2 decades over letting that kid go elsewhere.

Just a tough spot for the Rams to be in.

And that's why GM's are paid the big bucks.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Luck and RGIII at the Combine   Luck and RGIII at the Combine EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 11:12 am

I think Bradford is going to be fine. He had a solid rookie season, but couldn't stay healthy his second year behind a horrible OL. I think the Rams should take kahlil (sp) out of USC and start protecting the 50mil QB.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Luck and RGIII at the Combine   Luck and RGIII at the Combine EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:19 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I think Bradford is going to be fine. He had a solid rookie season, but couldn't stay healthy his second year behind a horrible OL. I think the Rams should take kahlil (sp) out of USC and start protecting the 50mil QB.

The concensus was that Kahlil was the most polished, NFL ready OL entering the combine. He seemed weak to me. If I'm remembering correctly he wasn't anywhere near the top in 40 time or on the bench press.

But you are right, they need to build a solid young OL for bradford. That will be the blueprint. They need to take a look at what Hoke is doing and mimic it.

PostSubject: Re: Luck and RGIII at the Combine   Luck and RGIII at the Combine Empty

Back to top Go down

Luck and RGIII at the Combine
Page 1 of 1