Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

sparty isn't that good.

Go down 
+6
dwoody
MGOBLUEBC
wshoes
the artist formally known
sandyeggo_blue
BetterThansparty
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

sparty isn't that good. Empty
PostSubject: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 3:56 pm

They could only beat a team with a first year QB who also had a broken finger by 3!

http://www.csnnw.com/ducks/oregon-qb-vernon-adams-jr-playing-broken-index-finger?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=college-football

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 4:54 pm

well O$U only beat a certain team by 1 point that had a QB playing with a broken foot and they had a pretty nice season.

sparty is lucky though that their schedule sets them up nicely. I don't see any back-to-back "trap games"

I like that sparty gets to beat up on O$U the week before we get the suckeyes at home.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 7:03 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I like that sparty gets to beat up on O$U the week before we get the suckeyes at home.

This is a very good thing. It could work out great for us if we beat sparty....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 10:08 pm

yes and that team would have beaten us by 20. Man you can't be so silly, MSU is a good team and probably won't be tested until they meet O$U.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 10:30 pm

No, sparty won't be minimally tested until Michihgan plays them.  sparty luck is unreal, BYU's QB is out for the year.  Granted, I really didn't expect BYU to give them much of a game but they have even less of a chance now.  They didn't destroy a Western Michigan team who got their asses kicked by Ga. Southern.  sparty only beat an Oregon team with a QB who had only played one D1 football game in his life (and who also has a broken index finger ON HIS THROWING HAND) by 3 measely points.  I'm still with-holding judgement but Michigan might be the next teeam to beat them.  Nebraska could also do it but they have some significant injuries as well.  ohio state looks to be the best chance for a definite loss but they also play CMU next weekend, you know how sparty rolls with Central.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 12:35 am

2nd, I'm confused by your post. Sparty doesn't play BYU but your post kind of implies that.

the BYU front 7 is going to give MICHIGAN fans a real feeling for where our O line is and that will give me a bit of insight for the sparty game.

I do agree with 2nd that Sparty won't see anyone real until MICHIGAN. rivalry game, at home for MICHIGAN, harbaugh effect, etc, etc.

sparty's Oline is proven at this point. they have an all american and a first round QB.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 5:04 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
2nd, I'm confused by your post. Sparty doesn't play BYU but your post kind of implies that.

the BYU front 7 is going to give MICHIGAN fans a real feeling for where our O line is and that will give me a bit of insight for the sparty game.

I do agree with 2nd that Sparty won't see anyone real until MICHIGAN. rivalry game, at home for MICHIGAN, harbaugh effect, etc, etc.

sparty's Oline is proven at this point. they have an all american and a first round QB.

It's NewBlue, although thanks for calling me out on my error. Please replace both mentions of BYU with Air Force. The rest of my post is accurate though. Everything that I've heard is that spartys O-line is good but it hasn't been tested yet. wastern michigan and Oregon? Neither has that great of a defense. I'm not sold on Cook as a great QB, he will be drafted highly but I highly doubt if he ever receives meaningful minutes in the League.

I'm not that confident in Michigan's o-line at this point either, hopefully they are better than I fear.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 8:52 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
It's NewBlue, although thanks for calling me out on my error.  Please replace both mentions of BYU with Air Force.  The rest of my post is accurate though.  Everything that I've heard is that spartys O-line is good but it hasn't been tested yet.  wastern michigan and Oregon?  Neither has that great of a defense.  I'm not sold on Cook as a great QB, he will be drafted highly but I highly doubt if he ever receives meaningful minutes in the League.

I'm not that confident in Michigan's o-line at this point either, hopefully they are better than I fear.

air force... got it.

I can see your point about cook but I also always knew tebow would never amount to anything in the nfl also. still didn't change the fact that he killed it in college (MICHIGAN aside).

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 3:19 pm

Cook is a decent QB, he'll be a long-standing back-up in the League. He isn't a Heisman guy like sparty fans claim though. I put Cook on par with Captain Kirk.

That being said I'd swap Rudock for Cook (as a player only) anyday.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 3:33 pm

sparty also needed 2 BYU TO's in sparty territory AND a goal-line stand (2 yard line). sparty only won 35-21, granted it got to 35-7 but still. One of the fumbles by Air Force was returned for a TD. Air Force is decent but I still don't think sparty is playoff worthy. They're better than Michigan currently but that doesn't say that much.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySat Sep 19, 2015 4:06 pm

sparty is  definitely showing chinks in their armor. i would probably have them out of the playoffs on style points alone right now.

that said, they are heads and shoulders above MICHIGAN right now.

I don't want to be the guy to complain because it was a good win today. a lot of positives to build on, a lot things found to work on but the MICHIGAN offense was horrible in the second half. absolutely horrible.

I really wanted to see the MICHIGAN oline wear down UNLV like they did to Or St last week. didn't even come close.

those nevada boys showed a lot of moxie in the second half. hats off for not giving up.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 2:25 am

I think the main reason that you are not annoyed by sparty is that you live in SoCal. There really aren't many spartyphile there. Yes it's true tht I live only 10 minutes from Michigan's campus but I have a ton of friends who are sparty idiots. Also all of the anti-social people in the area like to try and give me shit because I went to Michigan. They all instantly become sparty-peons jut to annoy me...

Pretty sure 'shoes and 'woody know what I'm talking about.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 9:32 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
I think the main reason that you are not annoyed by sparty is that you live in SoCal.  There really aren't many spartyphile there.  Yes it's true tht I live only 10 minutes from Michigan's campus but I have a ton of friends who are sparty idiots.  Also all of the anti-social people in the area like to try and give me shit because I went to Michigan.  They all instantly become sparty-peons jut to annoy me...

Very true. I have lived in SoCal, Columbus, OH, Dallas TX, and Nashville, TN for extended periods. The Sparties are infinitely more irritating when you live in Mich.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 9:56 am

wshoes wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
I think the main reason that you are not annoyed by sparty is that you live in SoCal.  There really aren't many spartyphile there.  Yes it's true tht I live only 10 minutes from Michigan's campus but I have a ton of friends who are sparty idiots.  Also all of the anti-social people in the area like to try and give me shit because I went to Michigan.  They all instantly become sparty-peons jut to annoy me...

Very true. I have lived in SoCal, Columbus, OH, Dallas TX, and Nashville, TN for extended periods. The Sparties are infinitely more irritating when you live in Mich.

Probably because they don't have that many fans outside Michigan is my guess. Living near Atlanta I hardly ever see a Sparty sticker on a car or people wearing Sparty gear........now, OSU, ND and Michigan fans is a different story......seems like I see them more often.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 11:12 am

i work with a sparty grad and he's actually a pretty cool guy. I will try to prepare myself for when we move to michigan in the next 5 years. we will most likely be looking at the triangle between Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing area. should be loaded with sparty fans.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 1:54 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
i work with a sparty grad and he's actually a pretty cool guy. I will try to prepare myself for when we move to michigan in the next 5 years. we will most likely be looking at the triangle between Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing area. should be loaded with sparty fans.

Oh yea, btw that's the "Bible-belt" of Michigan too. Have fun... Rolling Eyes

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 3:41 pm

But that area is a hotbed of debauchery. Google "Gamrat" and prepare for hypocritcal hilarity. Michissippi rocks!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:08 am

I would argue MSU should be ranked #1 right now.

wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 11:29 am

Admin wrote:
I would argue MSU should be ranked #1 right now.

From where they started they've accomplished the most so far considering the schedule.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Man we have to be careful calling out teams. With our recent history we should not be casting stones at ANYONE. I see fans ripping OSU for struggling vs Northern Illinois. A lowly MAC team. How quickly we forget our losses vs Toledo and App St. There have been several years where I thought MSU was vulnerable only to lose to them.

That said I believe they have lost a couple guys on their defense for the season. I believe a linebacker and a safety I believe. Any idea how bad this will hurt them going forward.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 2:54 pm

sparty is OVERRATED!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 5:37 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sparty is OVERRATED!

They are way over-rated as far as I'm concerned. After three games they are #73 in the country on offense and #98 on defense plus they are giving up 24+ average pts a game. That is a #2 ranked team????? HS. I might put them in the top ten to fifteen, maybe.

Then I saw this:

http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/09/22/college-football-power-rankings-top-25-week-3

Power rankings #1????? Geez, SI must think everyone else is garbage.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 6:22 pm

level of competition matters and Oregon, Air Force and WMU is a pretty good slate of teams. If they had played the Little Sisters of the Poor, their stat rankings would be better.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 7:30 pm

wshoes wrote:
level of competition matters and Oregon, Air Force and WMU is a pretty good slate of teams. If they had played the Little Sisters of the Poor, their stat rankings would be better.

I have major reservations about the quality of Wastern Michigan football. The week after Wastern lost to sparty (24-37) Wastern lost to Georgia Southern (17-43). Georgia Southern is 2 years removed from being a FCS school. Oregon is a decent team, but one who has a QB with a broken index finger on his throwing hand. Add to the sparty only won by 3 and it makes you go hmm.... Air Force is Air Force, that's not a bad win. That pesky triple option is a pain in the ass, still you'd think that a team ranked #2 would win by more than 14 points...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 6:20 pm

Believe me now?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 11:02 pm

This pretty much sums it up....

sparty isn't that good. Cqfqht10

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 8:47 am

Facts are facts......

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2015/10/04/michigan-msu-football-big-ten/73348696/
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 10:52 pm

another one down

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/michigan-state-safety-rj-williamson-out-with-torn-bicep-134335640.html

also, for some reason I thought Conklin was done for the year. I hope he isn't back by the 17th.

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 5:08 pm

I'm glad to be back I get into that later. But back to the topic at hand MSU Defense is mediocre and add injuries to the problems. Also Connor Cook so far been mediocre at best. MSU is getting tested next week in the big house.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:35 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
yes and that team would have beaten us by 20. Man you can't be so silly, MSU is a good team and probably won't be tested until they meet O$U.

Just a reminder....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: sparty isn't that good.   sparty isn't that good. Empty

Back to top Go down

sparty isn't that good.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next