Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gary.

Go down 
+2
sandyeggo_blue
BetterThansparty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Gary.   Gary. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 2:19 pm

Didn't I say this first?

http://www.maizenbrew.com/michigan-football-recruiting/2015/10/2/9440669/crystal-ball-prediction-elite-defensive-tackle-rashan-gary-to-michigan

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 3:05 pm

I'm not sure what you're eluding to when you say, "didn't I say this first?"

please expand.

I've been reluctant to share what came out of the visit since it is $ info but it looks like UM is squarely back in the drivers seat.

Like I've been saying for a while, Auburn and Georgia pose the biggest threat at this point with visits to those schools still to come. I'm glad Auburn is tanking because prior to his OV this last weekend he was an Auburn lean. Does the fact that they are having a bad year put weight on his commitment? I can't say for sure but I know it doesn't hurt our chances.

Long ways to go still but UM has put themselves back into the driver's seat and that's the best they could have asked for at this point.

I can't stress enough how crucial it is going to be to get him back on campus for an unofficial in December. I'm not saying he wouldn't commit without visiting AA again but getting the campus and the personnel back to the forefront of his mind is always a good thing.

It's important to note that there will be a no contact period around the end of December so there will be little time to make up ground before his all american game/commit date if someone else jump in front.

BOLEACH7

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 3:13 pm

you are right Sandy .... there is a long way to go yet ... we all remember D Hand ... never ever count out those slimy bastards in the SEC
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 3:42 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I'm not sure what you're eluding to when you say, "didn't I say this first?"

please expand.

I've been reluctant to share what came out of the visit since it is $ info but it looks like UM is squarely back in the drivers seat.

Like I've been saying for a while, Auburn and Georgia pose the biggest threat at this point with visits to those schools still to come. I'm glad Auburn is tanking because prior to his OV this last weekend he was an Auburn lean. Does the fact that they are having a bad year put weight on his commitment? I can't say for sure but I know it doesn't hurt our chances.

Long ways to go still but UM has put themselves back into the driver's seat and that's the best they could have asked for at this point.

I can't stress enough how crucial it is going to be to get him back on campus for an unofficial in December. I'm not saying he wouldn't commit without visiting AA again but getting the campus and the personnel back to the forefront of his mind is always a good thing.

It's important to note that there will be a no contact period around the end of December so there will be little time to make up ground before his all american game/commit date if someone else jump in front.

First allow me to say that I am not a member on any site so I have no inside access other than the WOSS (which seems to be lessening greatly ever since Coach Harbaugh came to town- The Fort is back) and what I feel from my own experience. I thought that you said Gary to Michigan was likely over a year ago until you denied it. You claimed that you alays said that Auburn was the most likely, something which I don't recall you saying but I digress.

While I do not know what it is like to be a big time college athlete I am aware what it is like to be a high-level athlete in a less popular sport. I also know what it is like to spend time with popular college athletes. I understand the mind-set of a recruit, at least as best as possible as 17 year-old minds can and do move in a sporadic fashion.

I am not saying that I am always right, far from it. Ask 'hail for some of my incorrect predictions/guesses. But also, look at the things that I have gotten right. When I say something that I know for a fact I'll say it definitively. When I'm guessing or not very sure I'll also state that. While I am not sure about the Gary thing I am fairly confident that he picks Michigan. That is unless the sec starts playing games again and steals him away. You never fully know what a 17 year-old kid will do. I would definitely assume that Gary is coming to Michign but yes Coach Harbaugh and Co. need to keep pressing.

Let me try to put it this way, being on that field (even though Gary was in street clothes on the sideline) with 110,000 screaming fans who are starving for a winner as Michigan literally obliterated BYU was a very powerful thing. And then seeing the tradition that Denard started (going over to the Student Section and jumping on the wall AFTER EVERY HOME VICTORY) was also powerful. Auburn isn't stupid, they see what impresses Gary and I'm positive that they will try to tailor something towards him. As Jabril tweeted during his recruitment "Real recognizes real" (or something like that) and Gary will be going to Auburn for the Iron Bowl. That is a very intense rivalry and with both 'bama and Auburn having down years both teams will basically put their season on the line for this game.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 3:52 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
Didn't I say this first?

http://www.maizenbrew.com/michigan-football-recruiting/2015/10/2/9440669/crystal-ball-prediction-elite-defensive-tackle-rashan-gary-to-michigan

While I truly can't recall, nor do I give a shit, who said what first, NBO, you are truly fantastic! From Lewan Taylor to this guy, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, knows more about football recruiting, the mind's of these athletes, and what will happen in the future than do you!!! It is simply amazing!!!!
Everyone on the board cannot congratulate you enough for your acumen and prescience. We are lucky to have you!!!!!!
You told us so! You told us so! You told us so!

There. Satisfied?

Last edited by dwoody on Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 4:35 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
...I thought that you said Gary to Michigan was likely over a year ago until you denied it. You claimed that you alays said that Auburn was the most likely, something which I don't recall you saying but I digress...

let me clarify this...

A year ago I absolutely said Gary would end up at UM,  even though at the time he was thought to be leaning heavily to bama. I stuck to my guns based off of what I read from miscellaneous articles, the analysts and interviews that I saw him give (also the Chris Partridge hiring and the recruitment of Donald Stewart helped). As time went on he did start to show UM some love and Hoke made up a lot of ground and the analysts started writing more and more about his UM ties and he started getting CBs to MICHIGAN.

But after the Hoke firing I definitely backed off a bit on my prediction. I still had him in the class but if you read the notes next to his name in my class predictions they clearly imply that I wouldn't call him a lock but would continue to keep him in the class and not take him off the list like I did other recruits. The recruiting process is a fluid one and as things change, so do my predictions. That is why back in July I mentioned that both Georgia and/or Auburn were serious threats for his services (after a couple of unofficials).

I never said that I "always said that Auburn was most likely."  I tried to explain that I called Auburn as his leader back in July based on his recent visits.

I tend to follow about 4-5 analysts. They are very stingy with their predictions but when they make a prediction it usually comes on good, insider, authority. Two of them made a prediction to MICHIGAN this week (Lorenz, Wiltfong) and another stated as much on his podcast (Webb). There is another guy that I am very close to including in my top tier list (Brewster) and  he also gave a CB to MICHIGAN this week.

Those four predictions carry a lot of weight for me. He's clearly a MICHIGAN lean (taken back from Auburn) but like I said, there is still a long way to go until his commitment date. I'll be watching intently.

I want to add one more thing about Gary. Like Hand, he says education is first and that bodes well for MICHIGAN. My personal thoughts on the Hand debacle is that he could have gotten into the engineering school like he wanted (he had the grades) but UM tried to steer him to sports management (his backup choice) because of the work load. Bama let him enroll in the engineering school and the rest is history. Gary wants to enroll in the business school. Michigan will let him. So TIFWIW.

BOLEACH7

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 4:37 pm

I am sure that Harbaugh would have been against steering Hand away from his choice of majors
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 12:12 am

The Hand fiasco was interesting. Even though I cannot stand Saban the guy is a genius for playing towards his strengths. I mean to brag about 'bamas engineering program being mediocre while praising Michigan's was genius. Truth of the matter is Hand would not have been able to flourish in Michigan's engineering program and play D-1 football. I am utterly amazed that Gardner could handle the MSW program with football but I have received word from multiple people within that program tht countless exceptions were made for DG. Also, DG did not receive his MSW ike I was orignally led to believe. He could have received it, which would have meant staying in school through the summer and performing field work but I'm not even positive that he finisjhed the Fall semester. As far as I know he begantraining for the combine (which he was not even invited to) right after the season. Because he wasn't invited to the combine he attended a few NFL camps. He lasted the longest at Pittsburgh but was cut.

I think that he can and will go back to Michigan to complete his advanced degree but am unsure.

The moral of the story is Michigan doesn't play when it comes to academics. Saban knew that and capitalized on 'bamas inferiority.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 12:20 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
...I thought that you said Gary to Michigan was likely over a year ago until you denied it. You claimed that you alays said that Auburn was the most likely, something which I don't recall you saying but I digress...

let me clarify this...

A year ago I absolutely said Gary would end up at UM,  even though at the time he was thought to be leaning heavily to bama. I stuck to my guns based off of what I read from miscellaneous articles, the analysts and interviews that I saw him give (also the Chris Partridge hiring and the recruitment of Donald Stewart helped). As time went on he did start to show UM some love and Hoke made up a lot of ground and the analysts started writing more and more about his UM ties and he started getting CBs to MICHIGAN.

But after the Hoke firing I definitely backed off a bit on my prediction. I still had him in the class but if you read the notes next to his name in my class predictions they clearly imply that I wouldn't call him a lock but would continue to keep him in the class and not take him off the list like I did other recruits. The recruiting process is a fluid one and as things change, so do my predictions. That is why back in July I mentioned that both Georgia and/or Auburn were serious threats for his services (after a couple of unofficials).

I never said that I "always said that Auburn was most likely."  I tried to explain that I called Auburn as his leader back in July based on his recent visits.

I tend to follow about 4-5 analysts. They are very stingy with their predictions but when they make a prediction it usually comes on good, insider, authority. Two of them made a prediction to MICHIGAN this week (Lorenz, Wiltfong) and another stated as much on his podcast (Webb). There is another guy that I am very close to including in my top tier list (Brewster) and  he also gave a CB to MICHIGAN this week.

Those four predictions carry a lot of weight for me. He's clearly a MICHIGAN lean (taken back from Auburn) but like I said, there is still a long way to go until his commitment date. I'll be watching intently.

I want to add one more thing about Gary. Like Hand, he says education is first and that bodes well for MICHIGAN. My personal thoughts on the Hand debacle is that he could have gotten into the engineering school like he wanted (he had the grades) but UM tried to steer him to sports management (his backup choice) because of the work load. Bama let him enroll in the engineering school and the rest is history. Gary wants to enroll in the business school. Michigan will let him. So TIFWIW.

Talk about being overly dramatic. I never claimed to be knowledgeable about college football recruiting, that's 'eggos deal. You did notice that I was finally able to get him to admit that he originally thought that Hand was coming to Michigan. The BYU gam was what sealed it for me. I wasn't there but from what I could see on TV and hear from people who did go was awesome. That's what swayed Gary. Please note, this is not a lock yet. Gary is still taking his official to Auburn for The Iron Bowl. Knowing how the sec is that is more than enough reason to be concerned. I would put the Iron Bowl on par with "The Game" if Auburn and 'bama were having better years. Those hicks take that game seriously.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 12:44 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 7:55 am

All I want to know is he a can't miss prospect. I am tired to keep hearing about these guys and then they don't pan out. See Derick Green. That said Peppers has been great BUT got injured his first year and we had to wait to until year 2 to have it pay dividends.

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 9:39 am

MgoBlue wrote:
All I want to know is he a can't miss prospect.  I am tired to keep hearing about these guys and then they don't pan out.  See Derick Green.  That said Peppers has been great BUT got injured his first year and we had to wait to until year 2 to have it pay dividends.

go watch his tape compared to any of the other top DT or DE prospects in this year's class and you'll see how he's heads above them in his development to this point. He clearly looks like he could be starting at just about any college football program the way he is destroying these high school kids. he is a man among boys right now but it's high school so you really should look at his highlights and decide for yourself.

let me know if you want me to link his highlights vs other top DT/DE highlights.

by the way I'm pretty sure I saw on his stat sheet this week that he lined up at TE. To me that shows that he's got some athleticism to him.

fishgoblue22

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 11:18 am

Gary has got to be getting g excited about Michigan. Look at how great Glasgow is playing in this system, and he's a walk on.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 5:47 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Gary has got to be getting g excited about Michigan.  Look at how great Glasgow is playing in this system, and he's a walk on.

exactly this Fish.

I'll bet Gary is quickly becoming a Hurst and Henry fan also.

These first five games already make me want to see Mone so bad. I said two years ago that it wouldn't matter if we got DaShawn hand in the class, my favorite D lineman of the class was going to be Bryan Mone. He was poised to breakout this year regardless. He would have crushed it in this system.

At this point Mone is just money in the bank. I can't wait to spend it!

Gary. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary.   Gary. Empty

Back to top Go down

Gary.
Page 1 of 1