Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Redshirt thoughts?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Redshirt thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Redshirt thoughts?   Redshirt thoughts? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:04 pm

I suppose that it doesn't hurt to try?

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/mario-ojemudia-fifth-year

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Redshirt thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redshirt thoughts?   Redshirt thoughts? EmptyTue Oct 13, 2015 10:07 pm

Personally O feel any player who gets injured and miss more than 4 game should be allowed to red shirt. As they say less than 10% of al players get to the pro's . They should get to finish college sports.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Redshirt thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redshirt thoughts?   Redshirt thoughts? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 6:04 am

the artist formally known wrote:
Personally O feel any player who gets injured and miss more than 4 game should be allowed to red shirt. As they say less than 10% of al players get to the pro's . They should get to finish college sports.

I think every player should be given 5 years from day one. It takes the average student more than 4 years to graduate without sports. Add the pressure and time it takes to play a sport, and it's hard to grad in 4 years, even with the added tutors and other academic advantages.

Make eligibility 5 years from day one and get rid of the red shirt rules.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Redshirt thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redshirt thoughts?   Redshirt thoughts? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 9:44 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
the artist formally known wrote:

I think every player should be given 5 years from day one.  It takes the average student more than 4 years to graduate without sports.  Add the pressure and time it takes to play a sport, and it's hard to grad in 4 years, even with the added tutors and other academic advantages.

Make eligibility 5 years from day one and get rid of the red shirt rules.

with 4 years guaranteed scholarship provided you meet certain requirements every year. then pay them a stipend on the 5th year. also throw in medical insurance for all 5 years of eligibility regardless of if they are on a scholarship year or not.

BetterThansparty

Redshirt thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redshirt thoughts?   Redshirt thoughts? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:05 pm

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/10/13/michigan-football-mario-ojemudia/73874370/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=michigan-wolverines-football

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Redshirt thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redshirt thoughts?   Redshirt thoughts? EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 3:12 pm

I'm all for giving him another year, although it would be a perversion of the redshirt rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Redshirt thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Redshirt thoughts?   Redshirt thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Redshirt thoughts?
Page 1 of 1