Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Never been this miserable after a M loss

Go down 
+5
wshoes
sandyeggo_blue
MgoBlue
BetterThansparty
booboo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

Never been this miserable after a M loss Empty
PostSubject: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 1:00 am

I was in stands for Colorado & App. St. Though those where the most miserable games ever. No, tonight goes down as the most painful EVER!!! What makes it the worst is all of us M fans who have family, friends, co-workers who are sparty fans, we have to put up with their shit, smart ass remarks for the next yr.

So walking back from stadium near Crisler Arena to tailgate there's this "lady"-mid 30s & guy behind me, the lady is shouting Harbaugh sucks! he should be fired! Hoke wouldn't have let that happen. I finally ask the lady what is your problem, she keeps rambling on so I've had enough tell her to fuck off. Yea not classy on my part but at the moment it seemed to be the right thing to do. Anyway the male friend/husband suggested I walk away. So we went our separate ways.

Back at tailgate with friends, we are all in shock, really don't know what to say. We are talking about the last play over and over, what if punter did this or that.... Go inside house, turn on OSU/PSU game. See the suckeyes in their piece of shit all black uniforms. WTF??? Meanwhile I'm being abused with texts from sister & friends who are sparty fans. Don't reply, sister won't stop texting she says freaking refs sucked they helped M. I lose it, text back what f#cking game where u watching, f#ucking refs sucked helped sparty & oh f#ck sparty!!!

Back home around 10:45, drive home sucked, still in shitty mood. Dog greats me so I'm able to calm down & relax for a little bit, play with him for a while.

Turn on TV, sitting in a trance watching Utah/ASU & UO/Wash. Of course they talk about the "agony in Ann Arbor", at halftime you can see the highlights. Yea I flipped channels at half.

Won't be able to watch Sports Center for the next few days. ESPN has the not top 10 list, yea I think we all know what will be #1 for a long freaking time. Rather have a root canal without novacaine then listen to Valenti on 97.1 on Monday.

Now the worst part, working in a high school athletic dept. Boss is a sparty grad, have to put up with his shit on Monday but I can tell him to take a hike, of course in a nice kind of way. Now the students, that's a different story, CAN'T tell them to F#$% off. I like my job & I need the paycheck, haha!!

Its 1:00am sunday morning, still on couch, still watching Utah/ASU & still in pissy mood. I go lay on floor with dog every 5mins to try to relax. BTW If you didn't see, Utah did the most dumb ass thing on a KO return, cost them a safety, ASU now leading 18-14 going to 4th qtr.

OK I'm done with my rant. Feel better!! Twisted Evil

M GO BLUE!!!, beat the golfers or is it the gophers? in 2 weeks!!!

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 2:54 am

It's goophers...

It's a hockey thing. Wisconsin calls Minnesota the rodents.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:55 am

I feel your pain. I went straight to bed. Now been up since 4:30. Tough one to shake off.

Calling for Harbaugh to be fired was pretty stupid. I probably would have said something too.

Sports man....
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 9:45 am

this loss is bad. we fought and fought and put ourselves in position to win it. I rewatched the last play and to me it looked like sparty was only thinking block. I couldn't tell but I didn't see anyone even back to field the punt. they had all of their guys on the line for the block. I think that was a mistake baxter made not calling a TO and adjusting accordingly or at least to remind the team what to do if anything goes bad.

we won the ground battle but lost the game. only the 4th time that has ever happened in the last 46 games.

jake butt, 1 catch, 4yds. even aj williams only had 2 for 20. still not sure why we didn't see more TE packages called. this is my first questioning of the play calls in the harbaugh era. dink and dunk to the the TEs seemed like it would have been successful.

ok it's time to see more of jabrill on offense. he adds an element to the offense that we need that no other play has.

the only positive to take from this, and only because I'm an optimist, is that when sparty started their 7 year run it was due to adversity on their side. they felt slighted by hart and MICHIGAN and have played with that mentality ever since. I think this moment will serve as that point for MICHIGAN moving forward. new QB or not, I think MICHIGAN crushes sparty next year and doesn't take their foots off of their throats for a long time.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 9:48 am

forgot to add one thing. I won't say the refs cost us the game but i will say they made some terrible terrible calls. instant didn't work at all yesterday.

sparty's first scoring drive was handed to them.

I'm not complaing because certain calls didn't go our way, I'm just saying they made some wrong calls and had a chance to fix them and failed.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 9:59 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
forgot to add one thing. I won't say the refs cost us the game but i will say they made some terrible terrible calls. instant didn't work at all yesterday.

I'm not complaing because certain calls didn't go our way, I'm just saying they made some wrong calls and had a chance to fix them and failed.

100 percent feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:02 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
this loss is bad. we fought and fought and put ourselves in position to win it. I rewatched the  last play and to me it looked like sparty was only thinking block. I couldn't tell but I didn't see anyone even back to field the punt. they had all of their guys on the line for the block. I think that was a mistake baxter made not calling a TO and adjusting accordingly or at least to remind the team what to do if anything goes bad.

we won the ground battle but lost the game. only the 4th time that has ever happened in the last 46 games.

jake butt, 1 catch, 4yds. even aj williams only had 2 for 20. still not sure why we didn't see more TE packages called. this is my first questioning of the play calls in the harbaugh era. dink and dunk to the the TEs seemed like it would have been successful.

ok it's time to see more of jabrill on offense. he adds an element to the offense that we need that no other play has.

the only positive to take from this, and only because I'm an optimist, is that when sparty started their 7 year run it was due to adversity on their side. they felt slighted by hart and MICHIGAN and have played with that mentality ever since. I think this moment will serve as that point for MICHIGAN moving forward. new QB or not, I think MICHIGAN crushes sparty next year and doesn't take their foots off of their throats for a long time.

Good point on not calling timeout.

As for the tight ends, they were well covered most of the game. I give credit to MSU for that. We just don't have the wideouts to really threaten a defense. I think that is a critical position of need. Cole is a great athlete but he didn't play WR in HS either.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:12 am

I read somewhere that sparty had a .02% chance to win the game on the final play. so many things had to go wrong for UM for them to win and all of those things played out.

I've only been watching MICHIGAN football for 23 years but this is the worst loss I've ever experienced. this is worse than the app st loss.

for it to happen on my birthday makes it hurt that much more ha ha. my wife and kids took me out to my favorite pizza place last night for dinner so that was nice.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:20 am

I agree. I have been watching since the 60s. I would say 1970 OSU, 1972 OSU, 1973 OSU (counting the BT after the game) and 1974 OSU, along with the Colorado game and App St, are the other candidates (maybe 2006 OSU as well.

What was really tough was walking from the Stadium a to a bar downtown and hearing the chants of "Go Green, Go White" on every single block of the way.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:20 am

last night, while thinking about the game, I think I figured out what made the loss hurt so bad. it wasn't because it was to msu. it wasn't because we lost it rather than them winning it. it wasn't because I didn't agree with a few of the calls mad, and it wasn't because it was on my birthday.

the thing that makes this loss sting so bad is because for longer than I can remember (maybe 2006) I've been waiting for the future. I've been waiting for MICHIGAN to be back. I've been waiting for them to be real contenders.

do i feel like the we're getting there? absolutely. do I feel like we're close? sure. can I see it happening? yep. we just aren't there yet and I'm sick of waiting for "soon" to happen. a win yesterday would have given us that signature win that would have propelled us into the conversation. it would have made it real.

f*ck tomorrow, I want it to be here today.

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 10:25 am

It is much worse because it is to sparty .... would not feel as bad had that been the bucknuts ... I watched from 73 so the nuts are on our level ... but sparty has always been second rate ... and games they have won in the past have included blown calls and homer time keeping .... I will never watch any part of this game again
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 11:42 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

https://twitter.com/uofmdiehards/status/655716541103738880
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 11:58 am

I forgot about all of our disheartening bowl losses under Bo too. Now that I think about it I have suffered through a lot of really crushing losses. Not sure that this was a good exercise for me.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 12:15 pm

wshoes wrote:
I forgot about all of our disheartening bowl losses under Bo too. Now that I think about it I have suffered through a lot of really crushing losses. Not sure that this was a good exercise for me.

listen ... I did the best I could in the bowl games ... we played great teams and I never lost with no time on the clock
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 12:24 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
last night, while thinking about the game, I think I figured out what made the loss hurt so bad. it wasn't because it was to msu. it wasn't because we lost it rather than them winning it.  it wasn't because I didn't agree with a few of the calls mad, and it wasn't because it was on my birthday.

the thing that makes this loss sting so bad is because for longer than I can remember (maybe 2006) I've been waiting for the future. I've been waiting for MICHIGAN to be back. I've been waiting for them to be real contenders.

do i feel like the we're getting there? absolutely. do I feel like we're close? sure. can I see it happening? yep. we just aren't there yet and I'm sick of waiting for "soon" to happen. a win yesterday would have given us that signature win that would have propelled us into the conversation. it would have made it real.

f*ck tomorrow, I want it to be here today.

My oldest child is 14. We live in Ohio. I grew up near Toledo so being a Michigan fan was not that unusual. We now live south of Cleveland and it pains me to see my kids follow in my footsteps and support Michigan while taking shit that I did not even have to endure. I have gotten to the point where I have told both they do not have to wear Michigan stuff for my sake and certainly do not have to wear it at school. For the better part of 14 years Michigan football has not been what it was for when I was a kid. I can tell my kids sometimes look at me like why do you like these guys. I try to teach them the history but when you're young it's kind of a lost cause. My youngest has really enjoyed basketball. What a shock we have been good in basketball the last 5 years. She is starting to get a taste of Michigan when things are great. I take them to AA whenever I can and love it because they see they are not alone. This year my youngest (she watches every game with me, my oldest is not as in to it) was starting to see Michigan football for her first time. She was loving it. Every Sunday asking where we are ranked. Noting how Harbaugh is so fired up and Hoke would just stand and clap. It was finally starting to come together and then it fell apart again.

I know they will get it together again. I expect them to have a good season. I fear the curse in not over. To add insult to injury OSU just had their best game of the season.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 12:32 pm

I am so pissed off ! Felt empty for about 4 hours went out for breakfast this morning and all anyone wanted to talk about was the game. Most of them Sparty backers . I distain MSU more now than ever before. I blame the kicker for the loss but more than that the offensive line for not being able to put his game away. Another 364 days before a chance at resentence. Going 8-3 just won't kill this pain. Is not even Monday yet:evil:

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 1:03 pm

Worse than my all-time worst loss...the Colorado game in '94. I am suicidal....
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 2:09 pm

wshoes wrote:
What was really tough was walking from the Stadium a to a bar downtown and hearing the chants of "Go Green, Go White" on every single block of the way.

That was tough, but I have a booming voice (from years of hockey games at Yost) so I just changed it to "Can't read!  Can't write!"

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 2:12 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
I am so pissed off ! Felt empty for about 4 hours went out for breakfast this morning and all anyone wanted to talk about was the game. Most of them Sparty backers . I distain MSU more now than ever before. I blame the kicker for the loss but more than that the offensive line for not being able to put his game away. Another 364 days before a chance at resentence. Going 8-3 just won't kill this pain. Is not even Monday yet:evil:  

Yes you can say that the kicker should have done this or that but DO NOT blame the kicker.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 2:13 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I think that was a mistake baxter made not calling a TO and adjusting accordingly or at least to remind the team what to do if anything goes bad.

Michigan was out of timeouts at that time.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 2:27 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I think that was a mistake baxter made not calling a TO and adjusting accordingly or at least to remind the team what to do if anything goes bad.

Were we?

We could have taken a delay of game penalty then.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 2:43 pm

wshoes wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Were we?

I thought of that too but I assume Coach Harbaugh just thought that we'd punt the ball and game over. How do you communicate that to your players on the field in that situation though?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 2:44 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
wshoes wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Were we?

I thought of that too but I assume Coach Harbaugh just thought that we'd punt the ball and game over.  How do you communicate that to your players on the field in that situation though?

Ran the clock to 10 seconds and used the last TO just before the play.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 5:50 pm

I know its easy to play sunday afternoon QB. M had to know the only way for sparty to win was an all out blitz to block punt. When M saw a 11 man rush, wait to snap ball maybe get sparty to jump off-sides then take a delay penalty if that doesn't happen. Regroup, set up the punt play again.

It seemed O-line wasn't ready for an all blitz, caught M off guard. Don't know if that's Baxters fault or the players took it for granted, thought that the ball game was over. They simply went thru the motions.

22 hrs later still depressed, not as bad as last night, but it still hurts.

BTW if you read about a man from Birmingham MI arrested for starting a bon fire at midfield of the HS he works at. Report will read a man was seen burning a lot of MSU clothing, mumbling to himself. That will be me, the HS kids who are sparty fans finally drove me over the edge! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 3:11 am

booboo wrote:
I know its easy to play sunday afternoon QB. M had to know the only way for sparty to win was an all out blitz to block punt. When M saw a 11 man rush, wait to snap ball maybe get sparty to jump off-sides then take a delay penalty if that doesn't happen. Regroup, set up the punt play again.

It seemed O-line wasn't ready for an all blitz, caught M off guard. Don't know if that's Baxters fault or the players took it for granted, thought that the ball game was over. They simply went thru the motions.

22 hrs later still depressed, not as bad as last night, but it still hurts.

BTW if you read about a man from Birmingham MI arrested for starting a bon fire at midfield of the HS he works at. Report will read a man was seen burning a lot of MSU clothing, mumbling to himself. That will be me, the HS kids who are sparty fans finally drove me over the edge!  Evil or Very Mad  Twisted Evil  Evil or Very Mad

Do I need to tell Tincu?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 3:21 am

I am till depressed too. I just don't feel right. I attempted to allieviate some of the pain today the best way I know how, Michigan Hockey Therapy. I even found a student ticket (free too). Still nothing. For one my voice is still pretty much gone. Two, no current students know any of the good chants, they do a lot of the stupid soccer chants. Three, I'm old enough to be every students' father (even the graduate students). I tell you, I really felt like a dirty old man looking at all of those young puck-bunnies in their yoga pants. I think that those are one of the best inventions ever!

I'm still not right, and of course my facebook wall has been under constant fire from every sparty that I know.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never been this miserable after a M loss   Never been this miserable after a M loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Never been this miserable after a M loss
Page 1 of 1