Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'13 DE we were after is back on the market...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

'13 DE we were after is back on the market... Empty
PostSubject: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:54 am

In case you missed it, 3* SDE Christian LaCouture (Michigan offer) has decommitted from Texas A&M. Plans to visit Michigan relatively soon.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/tamu/football/recruiting/player-Christian-Lacouture-122534

Kid lives in College Station, so A&M was probably after this kid very early. Looks like he may want to be going elsewhere (I wouldn't want to go to college in the same town I grew up in. College is about getting away, learning new things, meeting new people, learning how to survive on your own, etc.)

michmike

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:19 am

Admin wrote:
College is about getting away, learning new things, meeting new people, learning how to survive on your own, etc.)

I couldn't agree with you MORE. Athlete or not. There's SOOOO much more to growing up (or completing the
process, ages 18 thru 22) than learning new subjects/book knowledge, or more deeply learning them. And I'm convinced it's only a very small minority of the population for whom the process is anywhere near as good in one's hometown as in a new venue...preferably a college town like A-squared.

It sure as hell would not have been for me...and I've no doubt I'd still feel that way even had I gone to college elsewhere (than U-M).
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:22 am

You're right. College is much more about growing up and learning how to become responsible for yourself than having a deeper understanding of subjects.

Hard to achieve that when you're still 10 minutes away from Mommy and Daddy.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:37 am

michmike wrote:
Admin wrote:
College is about getting away, learning new things, meeting new people, learning how to survive on your own, etc.)

I couldn't agree with you MORE. Athlete or not. There's SOOOO much more to growing up (or completing the
process, ages 18 thru 22) than learning new subjects/book knowledge, or more deeply learning them. And I'm convinced it's only a very small minority of the population for whom the process is anywhere near as good in one's hometown as in a new venue...preferably a college town like A-squared.

It sure as hell would not have been for me...and I've no doubt I'd still feel that way even had I gone to college elsewhere (than U-M).

I love my daughter, but I'm ready for her to go next year. She will be going to Purdue. Right now she is living in our house going to community college so she can get 1 year of residence to pay in-state tuition.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:40 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
michmike wrote:
Admin wrote:

I love my daughter, but I'm ready for her to go next year. She will be going to Purdue. Right now she is living in our house going to community college so she can get 1 year of residence to pay in-state tuition.

Not Purdue!!!! haha, I'm an IU alum, so I had to get that in....

But really, Purdue is a great school. I was just recently looking at the rankings for colleges across the WORLD, and Purdue was like 84th or something...very impressive considering over 1/2 of the Top 100 were schools outside of the US.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:42 am

She was going to go to NC State, but when we decided to move to IN, she felt like she wanted to be away from home, but not that far. She was accepted to Purdue for next year, and she is pretty excited.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:45 am

Yeah, she'll have a great time.

NC State is another good school (have a buddy he went there).

Purdue has some cool things, probably none better than the Breakfast Club.

(On football gamedays, students are up at like 6-7am, dressed like it's Halloween, hopping from bar to bar.)

So perhaps expect a few drunk calls on Saturdays lol.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:59 am

Admin wrote:
Yeah, she'll have a great time.

NC State is another good school (have a buddy he went there).

Purdue has some cool things, probably none better than the Breakfast Club.

(On football gamedays, students are up at like 6-7am, dressed like it's Halloween, hopping from bar to bar.)

So perhaps expect a few drunk calls on Saturdays lol.

Maybe I'm a horrible parent, but I would love that for her. She hasn't made a lot of friends since the move, and she love Halloween, so maybe that would be a great crowd for her.

I did tell her that if she graduates from Purdue, I will put some Purdue stuff in my basement Michigan Man Cave. But I drew the line at rooting for Purdue against UM.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:07 pm

That doesn't make you a bad parent at all...

That makes you a realistic parent. And one that wants the best for his daughter.

I can see why she's had trouble meeting many people since the move....only a year ago, right? So did she spend any time in the local high school? Well, even if she did, at most it was a year. Tough to make a lot of friends in HS in that short of time when everyone else at that school have been attending the same schools since elementary.

She'll love Breakfast Club....almost EVERYONE on campus does it. The only ones who don't are the ones who got too drunk on Friday night to get up early enough for it, or the people who simply don't party at all.

Is she living in the dorms her first year? I'm not sure how Purdue does it. At IU, regardless of what year you are, you're first year on campus you HAVE to live in the dorms. For the longest time I thought that was BS. But looking back on it, I think it's good for the students. It FORCES them to meet people, which some people need. I was a pretty shy kid growing up, but being forced to live in the dorms as a freshman was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I met some really cool guys, and I met what is now my best friend on my dorm floor. If it weren't for him harping on me to at least go through the rush process, I wouldn't have joined a fraternity....which has turned out to be another GREAT thing I did while in school.

[side note: my little brother is now a freshman at IU, and he recently signed a bid to the same fraternity. He's hating life right now as a pledge, but he knows the grass is greener by doing it. Life as a GDI (goddamn independent) is fine and all, but the Greek system at IU is where you want to be. Many connections to be made, many more parties to be had, many more good looking women to chase after (and better yet, when you're in a frat, the girls come to YOUR house, so not a whole lot of 'chasing', if you know what I mean.) Plus he went to plenty of the family events that our house had, so he saw first hand before he ever went to school what the Greek system was like. I'm so excited for him, if you can't tell.]

If she's on the shy side, I think living in a dorm is the best thing. She'll make friends, and fast.

Last edited by Admin on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Yes, she is living in the dorms.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:15 pm

That's great. She'll do just fine and have a heck of time.

And, hey, you'll only have to pay for three years of a B1G education!

cheers

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Actually I'll only have to pay for two. In Indiana, if you are a disabled veteran with a disability rating of 30% or higher and you live in the state for a minimum of 3 years college is free at any state school, for your children, so since I meet the criteria and will have been he for three years, her SR year will be free.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Wow, that's awesome!

And I can't say thank you enough for serving for our country, and fighting for mine and everyone else's freedom.

If it weren't for people like yourself, we wouldn't be sitting here talking about Michigan football.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:21 pm

Thank you. I loved every minute of it.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Hey guys, back to the OP on this one for a sec please?? lol

Is this guy special or what? We've been holding out for 4* and here is a 3*?

Also the only SEC team to offer him was LSU? Seems odd????

What else do you guys know about this kid?

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:50 pm

A&M is an SEC team now.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:56 pm

Don't know much. He could be a diamond in the rough, hence LSU's offer.

joe

joe

PostSubject: SIGH   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:56 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
A&M is an SEC team now.

Fine. tongue

joe

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Here you go ADMIN.

So now you can tell people you've forgotten more about recruiting than they'll EVER know!!! lol

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:05 pm

I fogot about this thread too, well I did remember about someone's daughter going to Purdue though. Just another one of those hi-jacked threads.

*Bump

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:51 pm

I may forget who posted it but I never forget that it was posted by SOMEONE.

PostSubject: Re: '13 DE we were after is back on the market...   '13 DE we were after is back on the market... Empty

Back to top Go down

'13 DE we were after is back on the market...
Page 1 of 1