Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jake Butt ponders pro option

Go down 
+8
GOBLUEJOE66
BOLEACH7
BetterThansparty
wshoes
fishgoblue22
the artist formally known
sandyeggo_blue
MGOBLUEBC
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Jake Butt ponders pro option Empty
PostSubject: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 3:16 pm

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2015/12/05/all-jokes-aside-ums-butt-ponders-pro-options/76860470/

I sure hope he stays one more year. We really could use him if we want to beat MSU & O$U and anybody else for that matter. But, my gawd, we're REALLY due for a win against those two. I am so tired (as I'm sure the rest of you are too) of losing to them.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 4:02 pm

I'm a big fan of Bunting. It puzzles me how he was buried beneath Williams and Hill this year.

I think we'll see a big jump for Bunting next year but having JB back would be the best case for MICHIGAN.

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 4:17 pm

Wheatly should be ready to Very Happy . If shows the power and speed he is advertised with!!

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 5:48 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I'm a big fan of Bunting. It puzzles me how he was buried beneath Williams and Hill this year.

I think we'll see a big jump for Bunting next year but having JB back would be the best case for MICHIGAN.

Lack of blocking skills, but that will improve.

I'm not convinced Wheatly won't be playing DE. He's a huge man.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 6:21 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Lack of blocking skills, but that will improve.

I'm not convinced Wheatly won't be playing DE.  He's a huge man.

Fish- you may well be right about that but think about what a huge mismatch he could be for defenders if he played tight end.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 2:49 pm

Jake is 50-50 in terms of his NFL decision. Wants to decide within next week according to Chengelis.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 3:41 pm

If he says 50-50, then based upon past experience, he is as good as gone.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 4:21 pm

wshoes wrote:

Pessimist. Please note, I'm not making a call here. I've headr nothing and I do not know Jake personally. The money is a huge factor, so is achieving a lifelong dream. However, look at who is Michigan's coach. It's not like he's new either, we are coming up on 1-year pretty soon. Jake has saw first-hand what Coach Harbaugh means to the program. If Hoke was still here Jake would have declared right after the o$u game, but now he's got a decision to make. He sees how things are trending in Ann Arbor, will that be enough for him to come back? I don't know, I kind of hope so but ho9nestly I don't know.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 5:12 pm

I bet he goes. It's ok if he does.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 5:19 pm

agree fish .... will be missed absolutely , but I think Bunting will be a very good TE , he reminds me of Butt as far as body type goes .... as well Wheatley is around , and if we miss out on Nauta and Butt leaves he stays at TE ... almost forgot about Khalid Hill who we have coming back
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 5:53 pm

Word is Wormley is considering turning pro. I actually think he would be a bigger loss than Butt.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:26 pm

Knowing Jake and his family I don't think we will hear until after the bowl. I feel he will take his time and look at this thing from every side, just like he is looking at all of the tapes and stuff about being a TE. He still has practice for the bowl game and getting ready for the Holidays, but ....no inside poop......my gut is saying that he goes.

Go Blue!! Smile

GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:31 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Word is Wormley is considering turning pro.  I actually think he would be a bigger loss than Butt.  

Wormley staying!!!

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Wormley-makes-NFL-decision--41831639

Go Blue!! Smile

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:45 pm

huge sigh of relief on my end. this is a big deal IYAM.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:47 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Pessimist.  Please note, I'm not making a call here.  I've headr nothing and I do not know Jake personally.  The money is a huge factor, so is achieving a lifelong dream.  However, look at who is Michigan's coach.  It's not like he's new either, we are coming up on 1-year pretty soon.  Jake has saw first-hand what Coach Harbaugh means to the program.  If Hoke was still here Jake would have declared right after the o$u game, but now he's got a decision to make.  He sees how things are trending in Ann Arbor, will that be enough for him to come back?  I don't know, I kind of hope so but ho9nestly I don't know.

I've seen this movie before. They often go even when they say they are coming back. When they say 50-50, they almost always go. I guess Lewan was an exception. You have to remember that when they are still on campus, no one wants to hear that they are going, so it's human nature to not disappoint people or at at least leave them some hope.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:56 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
Knowing Jake and his family I don't think we will hear until after the bowl.  I feel he will take his time and look at this thing from every side, just like he is looking at all of the tapes and stuff about being a TE.  He still has practice for the bowl game and getting ready for the Holidays, but ....no inside poop......my gut is saying that he goes.

Go Blue!!   Smile  

How do you know the Butts? My in-laws are friends with the Sypniewski family who are close with the Butts. They all tailgated together that the Indiana game. Were you there?

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 7:29 pm

not sure if I just heard that right but Jake said that if he doesn't get a 3rd Round grade or better then he'll back.

No way he falls that low. He's gone. Sad

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 7:32 pm

wshoes wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Pessimist.  Please note, I'm not making a call here.  I've headr nothing and I do not know Jake personally.  The money is a huge factor, so is achieving a lifelong dream.  However, look at who is Michigan's coach.  It's not like he's new either, we are coming up on 1-year pretty soon.  Jake has saw first-hand what Coach Harbaugh means to the program.  If Hoke was still here Jake would have declared right after the o$u game, but now he's got a decision to make.  He sees how things are trending in Ann Arbor, will that be enough for him to come back?  I don't know, I kind of hope so but ho9nestly I don't know.

I've seen this movie before. They often go even when they say they are coming back. When they say 50-50, they almost always go. I guess Lewan was an exception. You have to remember that when they are still on campus, no one wants to hear that they are going, so it's human nature to not disappoint people or at at least leave them some hope.

What you need to remember is I GO THROUGH THIS EVERY FUCKING SUMMER with the hockey team. Football and hockey are apples and oranges but still.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 7:35 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
wshoes wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
wshoes wrote:

What you need to remember is I GO THROUGH THIS EVERY FUCKING SUMMER with the hockey team.  Football and hockey are apples and oranges but still.

relax .... this is a message board where we all state opinions .... do early departures impact you directly ? .... he goes he goes , he owes you nothing , it is his future that he has to worry about
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 7:57 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
Knowing Jake and his family I don't think we will hear until after the bowl.  I feel he will take his time and look at this thing from every side, just like he is looking at all of the tapes and stuff about being a TE.  He still has practice for the bowl game and getting ready for the Holidays, but ....no inside poop......my gut is saying that he goes.

Go Blue!!   Smile  

How do you know the Butts? My in-laws are friends with the Sypniewski family who are close with the Butts. They all tailgated together that the Indiana game. Were you there?

Through when he played in HS.  My grandson was on the same team(one grade behind him). Keep in mind I said I don't have inside poop...not been in contact with any of them recently.. and this is based on my gut.

Go Blue!!   Smile

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 12:05 am

BOLEACH7 wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
wshoes wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
wshoes wrote:

What you need to remember is I GO THROUGH THIS EVERY FUCKING SUMMER with the hockey team.  Football and hockey are apples and oranges but still.

relax .... this is a message board where we all state opinions .... do early departures impact you directly ? .... he goes he goes , he owes you nothing , it is his future that he has to worry about

I wasn't yelling at anyone in particular, I apologize if anyone thought that way. The phrase "another Michigan Hockey summer" is what keeps me up at night in cold sweats. The past few years haven't been bad (as we have sucked anyway) but seemingly every single year at least one stud underclassman would wait until August before saying, "Sorry guys, I'm going Pro. They've made an offer that I cannot refuse." Of course that is too late to recruit someone else to come fill their spot too. Dylan Larkin this past summer wasn't too bad though,everyone knew that he was ready. It actually took longer than anyone thought but we expected it. He still didn't drag it out though which was cool. There was one person who did it better than Larkin, that was Jack Johnson. Michigan lost in the National Semi-final in Denver, Jack didn't even fly back to Ann Arbor with the team. He took a plane from Denver to LA and played that night for the Kings. That was classy! What is even better is that Jack kept returning to campus to take classes in the summer even though he was playing professional hockey in Los Andeles. Now that he has been traded to Columbus I actually still see him on campus occassionally, even though I think he actually graduated a couple years ago. That's rightk, Jack "Mother Fuckin'" Johnson (JMFJ for those of you in the know) came back to school and paid for the 2nd half of his degree out of his own pocket. That is a Michigan Man, sucks what happened between his parents and him though.

Everyone knows who JMFJ is though right? In case not I'll help you out.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 12:31 pm

Butt projecting 3rd round. Personally I think it would be foolish for him to leave. I have almost zero doubt he would improve his draft stock by returning. Yes injuries can happen but to go from third to first is worth it IMO. He doesn't strike me as an inner-city kid with parents who are borderline homeless.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2596163-2015-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-updated-projections/page/35

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 2:35 pm

What he said exactly, per reports, is that he wouldn't consider going unless he projected in the top three rounds, not that he WOULD go if he did. I can see his fear of injury, but maybe he'll feel the risk will be worth another year of featured play under Harbaugh.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 3:15 pm

Jake Butt returning!

YES!!!

Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 3:24 pm

So shoot me...I was (HAPPILY) wrong!!!

PHEW!!!!!!!!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:40 pm

I'm excited.

I wonder if this affects Nauta's decision.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:47 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
So shoot me...I was (HAPPILY) wrong!!!

PHEW!!!!!!!!!    Smile

Go Blue!!    Smile

Me too. great news!
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 7:15 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I'm excited.

I wonder if this affects Nauta's decision.

It could, but I sure hope not! Would love to have a line of awesome TEs sitting in AA!!!

Go Blue!! Smile

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 9:32 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
wshoes wrote:

Pessimist.  Please note, I'm not making a call here.  I've heard nothing and I do not know Jake personally.  The money is a huge factor, so is achieving a lifelong dream.  However, look at who is Michigan's coach.  It's not like he's new either, we are coming up on 1-year pretty soon.  Jake has saw first-hand what Coach Harbaugh means to the program.  If Hoke was still here Jake would have declared right after the o$u game, but now he's got a decision to make.  He sees how things are trending in Ann Arbor, will that be enough for him to come back?  I don't know, I kind of hope so but honestly I don't know.

I didn't make a call, but I should have. Everything that I said came into play for Butt. Not saying that I would have made the same decision but I can defiinately see why Butt decided to comeback. It was the exact same reason why Lewan can back and the additional factor of Coach Harbaugh. Of course when Lewan had to make his decision I was still under the false impression that Hoke was the answer. My bad.

The biggest thing for everyone to take out of this is tht there is something special about Michigan, even moreso now that Coach Harbaugh is back. OK, I've decided, if Michigan wins the Citrus Bowl that'll be 10 wins. I'll change my name again to honor Coaches Harbaugh and Schembechler because Coach Harbaugh is showing that he is bringing Bo's attitude back.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 9:59 am

Cowherd said Butt is the next Gronk, and also said he's the best TE prospect since Kellen Winslow Jr.

I know few like him, but it's interesting that he said something good about Michigan or the B10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jake Butt ponders pro option   Jake Butt ponders pro option Empty

Back to top Go down

Jake Butt ponders pro option
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next