Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect. Empty
PostSubject: College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect.   College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 4:03 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25418087/college-football-attendance-drops-for-5th-straight-year----at-lower-rate

Michigan was up 5%!!!!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect.   College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 5:27 pm

And in reality- it was a lot more than that when you consider no shows and ticket give aways from 2014.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect.   College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 5:43 pm

wshoes wrote:
And in reality- it was a lot more than that when you consider no shows and ticket give aways from 2014.

True, but even though they had to give away tickets to keep the streak alive that does in fact still count as attendence (as long as they showed up).
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect.   College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 7:31 pm

The only that pisses me off about M fans, is selling tickets to buckeye fans. With a shot at the B1G-east title, Rose Bowl or super-6 bowl, may have been very slim but a shot at final 4, Harbaugh vs Meyer, etc, etc. Yet there where thousands and thousands of buckeyes fans in the stands, especially south endzone. I was in section 3, way to many OSU fans.

Yes I understand selling tickets, making some money especially for the holidays, I get it. But I wish there is way M fans could sell to other M fans. Maybe to fans on season ticket wait list. Just frustrating!

Now back to the list, 7 of the top 25 for the B1G, I say pretty good. Surprised to see Iowa have a 6% drop considering the season they where having, and of course sparty, yea less than 1% drop but still a drop. Kitty Cats, 14% drop? their attendance was lousy to begin with. Went to M game in 13', it seemed like 40% M fans. Chicago just down the road, just hop on the train you want to, a real good team this yr, ticket prices reasonable, don't understand why fans don't show up.

Remember last yr. fans booing when attendance was announced over 100,000. What a difference a yr. makes!

I know one of the reasons given for people not showing up is the easier experience to watch at home. For me the stadium experience is incredible, never take it for granted. I'm lucky to be only 45mins away. Pre-game tailgating with friends, watching warm-ups, band take the field, listening to band during TV time outs, etc. Of course winning makes the experience taste a little bit better!

What Don Canham was able to do with marketing 45 yrs ago, he had one hell of a great vision!

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect.   College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 8:36 pm

You realize that o$u gets an allotment of tickets right? The top rim of the bowl generally.... But yes some fans sell their tickets to sucknut fans...smh too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect.   College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect. Empty

Back to top Go down

College Football attendence and the Harbaugh effect.
Page 1 of 1