Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Twitter itself is not evil

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Twitter itself is not evil Empty
PostSubject: Twitter itself is not evil   Twitter itself is not evil EmptyThu May 05, 2016 1:53 pm

but some of the people that use it sure are idiots!

http://www.oregonlive.com/recruiting/index.ssf/2016/05/texas_am_coach_vents_frustrati.html#incart_most-commented_recruiting

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Twitter itself is not evil   Twitter itself is not evil EmptyThu May 05, 2016 2:21 pm

I still stand behind my original statement that twitter is evil. It gives anyone the ability to put stuff out there. People have always been this dumb but before Twitter (aka- Social Media) we never had proof other than IQ tests. Now all that needs to be done is look-up someone's Twitter feed. Frequently tweets have ruined peoples lives, taken away opportunities, or cost someone MILLIONS of dollars.

I'm sure that you know about this recent high-profile incident:

http://deadspin.com/laremy-tunsil-s-account-tweets-out-gas-mask-smoking-vid-1773721598

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Twitter itself is not evil   Twitter itself is not evil EmptyThu May 05, 2016 11:11 pm

That's why not everybody should be able to get a twitter.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Twitter itself is not evil   Twitter itself is not evil EmptyFri May 06, 2016 2:08 am

I have a twitter account, have tweeted 11,800+ times since august 2011. I take care of sports injuries at a high school.

Now if I go on twitter and say "Our dumb ass QB cost us the game. Stop throwing INTs!"  I'd lose a lot of respect from the athletes, coaches.

Now if I'm really stupid decide to tweet "Volleyball team home game tonight. Not only are they good they're hot in those short shorts #nicebutts" I guess the boys would like it, but I'm guessing I'm having a chat with the AD/principal & hoping to keep my job.

But I'm a responsible tweeter so i tweet about the upcoming schedule, tweet the scores of the games, shout out to a kid(s) who had a good performance and/or leading scorer during a game. And I wish them happy birthdays as well.

Now you may agree or disagree why I'm tweeting with HS kids. I'm not stupid, plus the principal is on twitter & follows me so I have to be smart on what I tweet! (BTW she enjoys my tweets)

Kind of a boring tweeter overall, tweet lots of pictures of my dog, retweet stuff, usually sports news. Like to have some fun like when sparty getting spanked by Bama. (I guess some sparty fans didn't like that, lost 5 followers, oh well) Lots of sports tweets, college or pro, during a game.

Last October a school in Jackson Hole, WY. cancelled America Pride Day cause it may offend other students who aren't Americans. I went on twitter used a couple F-bombs basically saying you're in America now, get the F out if you don't like it. Then I tweeted something to the effect Jackson Hole needed to grow a pair, stop being p$#sies. Well someone went to my AD said I swore to much on twitter. My AD didn't care, said just use common sense. But here's a case if my AD didn't like me, I worked in a incredibly conservative school district, maybe I get in big trouble. So yea that's the last time I've sworn on twitter.

Now its 2am, time for bed. But what I would love to discuss with you Bo, Woody, Joe & anybody else, freedom of speech and social media. Bo you're right people have lost jobs because of what they tweet. Curt Schlling comes to mind, recently fired by ESPN for his facebook comments.

I'll be back late morning to give my 2 cents, thanks!
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Twitter itself is not evil   Twitter itself is not evil EmptyFri May 06, 2016 2:56 am

Years ago before social media we were all fine.  People still had their idiotic views but no medium to express them while they are taking a sh!t.  The world was a much better place.  Now however people say stupid things that they may know isn't the bet to put out there but inevitably they do because, "Hey, this is America.  We have free speech."  Fact of the matter is no we don't.  You always have to answer to someone.  Your followers, the media, the general public, your boss, etc.  Once something is out there it's out there for everyone to see.  Case in point the Tunsil thing.  That moron gets high, in a gas mask, a couple days before the NFL draft.  He's a kid and just clowning around, big deal right?  He deletes it and thinks it's gone forever right?  Not so fast, someone that Tunsil pissed off hacked his account and published that video ON HIS TWITTER account.  There is no denying now, he just lost out on millions of dollars because he got high and Social Media exists.  Reminds me of this song:

Just realized that my rant ended up being more anti-weed but you get my point regarding twitter. I am staunchly against marijuana too but that point is that is Social Media wasn't around people wouldn't be saying dumb stuff, posting assinine videos, losing millions of dollars, getting fired, etc.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Twitter itself is not evil   Twitter itself is not evil EmptyFri May 06, 2016 11:27 am

My mom used to say "cool off before you say something you will reget". No different than twitter. Think before you push send. Unfortunately the same idiots that would say something stupid will tweet something stupid. But now they hide behind the keyboard and are cowards. People are idiots from all walks of life.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Twitter itself is not evil   Twitter itself is not evil EmptyFri May 06, 2016 4:05 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
My mom used to say "cool off before you say something you will reget".  No different than twitter.  Think before you push send.  Unfortunately the same idiots that would say something stupid will tweet something stupid.  But now they hide behind the keyboard and are cowards.   People are idiots from all walks of life.

Agreed, and with technology comes the ease of being an idiot. Everyone kjnows it now. Not just your family and friends. Therefore it follows that Twitter brings out the worst in people and is evil...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Twitter itself is not evil   Twitter itself is not evil EmptyMon May 09, 2016 2:35 pm

It looks like Saban is taking Joe's side on this, saying that it's about personal responsibility. I can agree with that to an extent. Twitter is still evil in my mind though....

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/nick-saban-lessons-can-be-learned-from-am-twitter-brouhaha/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=recruiting

BTW, this was my 7,000th post, fitting don't ys think?
Actually I'm guessing about 7,250th as I've had a lot deleted.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Twitter itself is not evil   Twitter itself is not evil EmptyMon May 09, 2016 8:24 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:

And about 5,700 have to do with how much you hate twitter....

ps: props for Afroman! If you haven't heard "Trip", check it out.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Twitter itself is not evil   Twitter itself is not evil EmptyMon May 09, 2016 11:02 pm

dwoody wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:

And about 5,700 have to do with how much you hate twitter....

ps: props for Afroman! If you haven't heard "Trip", check it out.

I'm not a rap fan, there goes 7:22 of my life I'll never get back.

And no-one understands how much I despise Twitter...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twitter itself is not evil   Twitter itself is not evil Empty

Back to top Go down

Twitter itself is not evil
Page 1 of 1