Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5):

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5): Empty
PostSubject: Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5):   Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5): EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:16 pm

I just talked with Mike McCray earlier this afternoon and he informed me of the following:

He has already made his decision. I didn't ask, and he didn't specify with whom.
He is making his commitment silently. There is no announcement or anything of that sort.
His choice should go public sometime very soon, possibly within the next 24 hours.
Most are speculating that Mike to Michigan is a foregone conclusion. It's hard to disagree, but I should make it clear that Mike did not tell me who he has chosen. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

So I think I can relax now. I think he's driving to A2 to tell the coaches in person.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Yes sir....   Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5): EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:21 pm

and my sources all agree it's UM tomorrow.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5):   Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5): EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:29 pm

Good.

#44 on Rivals, #168 on 247, NR on Scout.

Not sure why all the difference in opinion, but high opinions nevertheless.

1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Actually, This has been an odd recruitment   Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5): EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:37 pm

When kids are quiet with the recruiting services and quiet with their friends and scocial media it makes it hard to guage. Gedeon has been extremely close lipped too.

Last edited by 1umgoblue85 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5):   Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5): EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:59 am

SAm Webb says Michigan is "EXTREMELY EXTREMELY" in good shape with McCray some time this week.

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: I am excited to get McCray onboard.   Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5): EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:13 am

Rivals thinks very highly of him. I would like to think that Hoke is building something special. This class is full of 4/5 star talent. If it translates to the field we are in great shape!

joe

PostSubject: Re: Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5):   Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5): EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 9:52 am

85, I'm going to crawl back in my hole regarding McCray.

I said he'd end up at Ohio when all was said and done.

From everything Sam Webb said this morning that is far from his mind.

I was wrong (At least I hope I am. It's not NSD yet.)

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Hey, no biggie....   Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5): EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:10 am

We are all guessing until the kid commits and then eventually signs on the dotted line. All we can do is read everything we can and in some cases listen to those closer to the program than we are. I would like to think I have the pulse of the program with my visits to the Atletic Development Office, but I am nowhere near an insider. I just enjoy the ride.

Last edited by 1umgoblue85 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5):   Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5): EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:39 am

1umgoblue85 wrote:
Rivals thinks very highly of him. I would like to think that Hoke is building something special. This class is full of 4/5 star talent. If it translates to the field we are in great shape!

The beautiful thing about Michigan football as it sits today is I believe we have the kind of coaching staff that could win with 2 and 3 star guys. Let's face it Hoke was not landing 5 star players at Ball State or SDSU. I think where recruiting ratings most often fails is in poor coaching. When I refer to coaching I am not just talking x's and o's but other things like motivation, technique, strength training. I think all division 1 coaches are knowledgeable on the game or they certainly would not be in the position they are in. That said you have guys like RR who can install an offense that can put up crazy points but neglects the whole defensive side of the game. I do not think RR has all of the phases of the game figured out and if he does he forgot some when he was in AA.

I think Hoke and his staff are the total package. If he can win with 2 and 3 star guys imagine what he can do with 4 and 5 star players. That is not to say that some guys may not reach the potential that has been bestowed upon them out of high school. I just think Hoke will have a much higher success rate in developing players than 90% of the coaches in D-1.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5):   Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5): EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:31 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
1umgoblue85 wrote:

The beautiful thing about Michigan football as it sits today is I believe we have the kind of coaching staff that could win with 2 and 3 star guys. Let's face it Hoke was not landing 5 star players at Ball State or SDSU. I think where recruiting ratings most often fails is in poor coaching. When I refer to coaching I am not just talking x's and o's but other things like motivation, technique, strength training. I think all division 1 coaches are knowledgeable on the game or they certainly would not be in the position they are in. That said you have guys like RR who can install an offense that can put up crazy points but neglects the whole defensive side of the game. I do not think RR has all of the phases of the game figured out and if he does he forgot some when he was in AA.

I think Hoke and his staff are the total package. If he can win with 2 and 3 star guys imagine what he can do with 4 and 5 star players. That is not to say that some guys may not reach the potential that has been bestowed upon them out of high school. I just think Hoke will have a much higher success rate in developing players than 90% of the coaches in D-1.

Be careful, if a sparty hears that they'll argue vehmently that dumbtonio is the best coach of all time. He takes 2 and 3-stars and makes them into future NFL players...

Signed,

az-hole

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5):   Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5): Empty

Back to top Go down

Tremendous has spoken with McCray today (3/5):
Page 1 of 1