Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers... Empty
PostSubject: The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers...   The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers... EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:14 am

...even as it did to conclude our 68-67 win over Maryland back in January. Man, that kid has an ARM!!  The bullets he threw (and both times to MAAR), then and Saturday night, were damned-near ON A LINE...some 45 and 50 feet...and a basketball is a full POUND heavier than a baseball, and cannot be gripped in one's fingers, either.

Yes, I know I.L. was a high school pitcher (how would I, of all posters, overlook that?)  

But with any less velocity on those "in-bounds passes", one has to think the defenders would have had an additional fraction of a second---and that's oftentimes all it takes---to react and better position themselves.

Let me note: unless Isaiah has BETTER CONTROL than yours truly (45+ years ago)---with that arm, I would NOT want to step into the batter's box to face him on the first day of spring training...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers...   The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers... EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 8:48 am

He does have a great arm to make that pass. 

Sampson completely blew it for Houston.  How does he not put a guy on the end line.  It was after a missed shot, so he can't run the baseline.

When I saw the Livers was uncovered on the endline, I felt confident that UM would get a decent shot off.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers...   The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers... EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 10:00 am

Good point about the failure to guard the end-line, Fish.  

And I believe you regarding your CONFIDENCE---you didn't say you were confident we'd WIN---but only that we'd get off a decent shot, get a decent look at the basket.  Most happily, we did BOTH...

But back to Sampson: how in hell does he get another job in college ball only 5 years (the length of his "show" clause from the NCAA) after ruining Indiana's program with recruiting violations (as he earlier committed at Okla. as well)?  Makes one question the integrity of Houston's program, seeing how they scarfed him up immediately after the show-clause expired.

Maybe such a painful dagger-in-the-gut as Saturday night's happened to the right man, eh?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers...   The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers... EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 10:51 am

michmike wrote:
But back to Sampson: how in hell does he get another job in college ball only 5 years (the length of his "show" clause from the NCAA) after ruining Indiana's program with recruiting violations (as he earlier committed at Okla. as well)?  Makes one question the integrity of Houston's program, seeing how they scarfed him up immediately after the show-clause expired.
I talked to my wife about that.  So he has two cheating scandals and is still coaching.  The announcer on Saturday lauded Sampson and his "NBA approach" without saying that he was an NBA assistant because he was banned from coaching in college.  Boeheim is suspended a couple years ago for cheating and all we hear about is his HOF career.  UGA, although they hired Crean, they supposedly interviewed Pitino.

These 3 weeks make up almost the entire budget for the NCAA.  I'm sure the talking heads were told to not discuss anything about cheating or coaches that cheat or even use the letters FBI during the broadcasts.

If anyone thinks this FBI investigation will make any difference, I point to these three and say "business as usual will continue".
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers...   The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers... EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 12:37 pm

[quote="fishgoblue22
If anyone thinks this FBI investigation will make any difference, I point to these three and say "business as usual will continue".[/quote]

Hate to AGREE with you on that---but I've been around long enough, and seen enough, to know that to DISAGREE would make me a fool...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers...   The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers... EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 4:32 pm

I saw a tweet that made me laugh. It said something like "livers has a QBR of 2000"

And on the topic of Sampson screwing that last play up, the only logical answer I can come up with is that he was distracted on the phone with another recruit committing another recruiting violation.

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers...   The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers... EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 3:25 am

Https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Bolt/Houston-coach-says-best-team-lost-vs-Michigan-116458375?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180319_195804_Michigan%20Wolverines&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=C9-96-4E-6A-A4-2F-99-71-3C-3B-78-13-9D-EF-9F-7B180319_195804MichiganWolverines
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers...   The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers... EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 9:31 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Bolt/Houston-coach-says-best-team-lost-vs-Michigan-116458375?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180319_195804_Michigan%20Wolverines&utm_content=Image&liveconnect=C9-96-4E-6A-A4-2F-99-71-3C-3B-78-13-9D-EF-9F-7B180319_195804MichiganWolverines

And Sampson's right. The way they played, they probably were the better team (that night). By a smidge...

But we had the better COACH. By a LIGHT-YEAR.

The more I think about Fish's comment asking why K.S. didn't put a man on Isaiah, the more I scratch my head and wonder why as well...

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers...   The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers... EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 10:20 am

Very frustrated with 247 articles posted here. Whenever i try reading one, the site keeps reloading until it crashes. Anyone else have this problem?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers...   The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers... Empty

Back to top Go down

The "miracle" all started with Isaiah Livers...
Page 1 of 1