Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Iowa

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Iowa Empty
PostSubject: Iowa   Iowa EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 9:14 pm

No shooting hangover. Nice to see Davis contributing. Garza is not too bad, though.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Iowa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iowa   Iowa EmptyFri Dec 06, 2019 9:41 pm

Think the thought was let Garza get his and stop everyone else

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Iowa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iowa   Iowa EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 10:07 am

That was clearly the thought, I can't remember ever doubling him, though maybe we did once or twice. When one guy is taking all of the shots as it felt like he was (he was on pace for 75 points through the first 8 minutes), it's tough for his teammates to get in any kind of shooting rhythm.

He is pretty one dimensional. He had 0 (zero) assists and his defense was mediocre.
Back to top Go down
michmike

Iowa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iowa   Iowa EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Indeed, the thought Artist forwarded (giving credit where due) was, as Shoes concurs, precisely the night's strategy (and kudos to Juwan and staff for concocting it, and of course to the men for so perfectly executing it).  The Iowa City newspaper sports column that I read lamented the fact that, yet again, the Hawks had no perimeter help. (3-15 from deep, not much better from 2-pt range).

And that's often the very problem that plagues a team that's so one-dimensional (or one-player oriented)...which our gameplan made Iowa be. As Shoes also noted, how can the shooters settle into any kind of rhythm when they so rarely see the rock? (Except to immediately dish it into one man in the paint).

Another thing posters on MGoBlog harped on---and RIGHTLY SO imo---was the PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT he (Garza) got all night from the refs. He won't get away with swung elbows bloodying opponents' lips forever...

Which in turn made it doubly delightful that Austin Davis had such a good, if abbreviated, night. He didn't take any shit from L.G.  In fact, I'm surprised the latter didn't walk off the court with a SECOND scab on his own lips...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Iowa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iowa   Iowa Empty

Back to top Go down

Iowa
Page 1 of 1