Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.

Go down 
+2
the artist formally known
BetterThansparty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. Empty
PostSubject: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 5:01 am

'artist was right, a week early but right (although this isn't the AP poll)

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-slumping-michigan-drops-out-of-top-25-and-1-after-loss-at-iowa/

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 3:15 pm

I just don't understand , You have a Big man killing you . Why don't you attack him get hi in foul issue's and take advantage of it that what teams are doing to Michigan why not return it.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 3:56 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
I just don't understand , You have a Big man killing you . Why don't you attack him get hi in foul issue's  and take advantage of it that what teams are doing to Michigan why not return it.

This is a false narrative. We took it in inside repeatedly. The officiating was glaringly one-sided period. I saw very few, what I would call forced 3s. By and large they were good looks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Ths kind of piss's me off. MSU jumps to 9th thats 5 places , yet they have an early schedule of all home games. They showed what happen when they go on the road and what an advantage it is to be home. Meanwhile Michigan has played road game against very tough opponents, and played well for periods of time and the fall like they have lead in their pockets . Drop from 2nd to out of the rankings in a month

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 9:21 pm

I'm not worried about rankings. I'm worried about getting better each game.

The road is brutal in the Big Ten. For some reason they gave us something like 5 Sunday road games and 1 Sunday home game. That doesn't help.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 10:37 pm

Actually I just looked ahead and we have a stretch where we have to make a lot of hay.

Feb 1 home Rutgers
Feb 4 home Ohio
Feb 8 Home msu
Feb 12 away Northwestern
Feb 16 home IU

We've got to win 4 of 5 to even think we'll have a chance. Winning all 5 would be fabulous. And possible.

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 8:34 am

joe wrote:
Actually I just looked ahead and we have a stretch where we have to make a lot of hay.

Feb 1 home Rutgers
Feb 4 home Ohio
Feb 8 Home msu
Feb 12 away Northwestern
Feb 16 home IU

We've got to win 4 of 5 to even think we'll have a chance. Winning all 5 would be fabulous. And possible.

Joe, a second look at our upcoming schedule will reveal we have NINE straight winnable games. Very winnable.
7-8 of those is very plausible. ALL NINE if Isaiah's back by, say, the third one, and near 100%.

Note my choice of words: very WINNABLE. I never said/typed "Guaranteed wins"...
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 9:51 am

joe wrote:

Feb 1 home Rutgers
Feb 4 home Ohio
Feb 8 Home msu
Feb 12 away Northwestern
Feb 16 home IU

That Feb 1 "home game with Rutgers" is not at Crisler, it's in New York! And Rutgers is one of the hottest teams in the conference.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 pm

Moving the Rutgers game to NYC is a sucky move. TV has too much power.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 2:24 pm

dwoody wrote:
Moving the Rutgers game to NYC is a sucky move. TV has too much power.

It would seem more logical if it was their home game that was moved. Our AD probably agreed to give our fans in that area a chance to come out. But if it costs us a win ....

Maybe the commissioner could talk to the refs before the game and say: "this is supposed to be a Michigan home game, so they should get all of the whistles."

Who am I kidding, we don't even get that big an edge at Crisler from the refs.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 8:29 am

wshoes wrote:
Maybe the commissioner could talk to the refs before the game and say: "this is supposed to be a Michigan home game, so they should get all of the whistles."...

Hehe!  Cute sarcasm there, Shoozie!!  I'd have typed the web acronym "LOL", but unfortunately, there's rarely much to evoke laughter in COLD HARD TRUTH...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 12:09 pm

I too was wondering why a Michigan home game would be in Rutgers back yard unless Michigan plans to be playing in the NIT finals in New York.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. EmptyWed Jan 22, 2020 12:59 pm

Michigan has a healthy donor fan base in the area and B1G gets potentially large broadcast audience on east coast, the whole reason for the Maryland/Rutgers idiocy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.   Here's something that I never thought that I'd say. Empty

Back to top Go down

Here's something that I never thought that I'd say.
Page 1 of 1