Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Harbaugh

Go down 
+4
mgoblue93
BOLEACH7
wshoes
sandyeggo_blue
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyTue Nov 10, 2020 9:22 pm

I'll go ahead and start the thread.

It's year 6.
He has all of his recruits.
He's finally implemented an offense with the players he's recruited.
He's 1-4 over the last 5 games.
He clearly is inept at half time adjustments.
The team is as undisciplined as my beer league hockey team (currently leading the league in penalty minutes BTW)
He can't win a bowl.
He can't win his division.
He can't win a B1G title.
He can't beat a ranked team on the road.
He can barely beat a ranked team at home.
He can't beat our rivalries.
He gets out recruited time and again for top targets.
He's let the top talent in the state go elsewhere the last three years.
He's not the QB whisperer.

I can probably go on for another hour. I'm bored with this thread like I'm bored with him as a coach. Stop defending him because he's a Michigan Man.

Harbaugh has failed. Prove me wrong.

Time for him to go.

This program is embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 9:20 am

I'm open minded about it, but when you have a guy with a proven track record at San Diego, Stanford, and in the NFL with San Francisco, who loves his alma mater, where do you go from here? What happened? Has the game passed him by in his 50's?

mgoblue93 likes this post

Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 9:22 am

All valid points sandy... however the problem with Michigan football goes beyond the Michigan man problem... the school doesn’t see itself as a football factory like OSU, Bama , Clemson , etc. ... unless that changes, enrolling questionable athletes with 5* rankings , no new coach is going to improve on our current standing ... that said coach Harbaugh has lost something after 2016 ... something happened, no idea what but his whole demeanour changed , and that of his team changed as well ... it’s one thing to lose but it’s another thing to get pushed around game after game !!!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 9:35 am

Boleach- I think you're on to something there, he does not seem as fiery. Remember he got that ridiculous sideline penalty that year for only doing less than what Tom Izzo does about 6 times on the sidelines at every MSU basketball game?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 10:12 am

Yeah shoes , remember clearly being there at the Big House for his first game ... my son and I spent just as much time looking at the sidelines watching JH get so animated at the officials , for me that was watching BO on tv in the seventies ... just seems almost spaced out on the sidelines or in interviews.... was he was told to tone down by someone ?
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 8:51 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
the school doesn’t see itself as a football factory like OSU, Bama , Clemson , etc. ... unless that changes, enrolling questionable athletes with 5* rankings

Maybe that's the perception of university heads, but we gladly took in Rashan Gary, Jabrill Peppers, Ryan Mallett, and Kevin Grady. Not exactly Rhodes Scholars. Is there a 5-star in recent memory we turned away for just having average grades? Doubt it. We won't recruit criminals, but we have lost out on too many quality 5-stars.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Harbaugh looks defeated. I don't want him fired now but his body language could improve.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyWed Nov 11, 2020 11:27 pm

And then, what? That’s what I wonder.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 10:22 am

mgoblue93 wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:
the school doesn’t see itself as a football factory like OSU, Bama , Clemson , etc. ... unless that changes, enrolling questionable athletes with 5* rankings

Maybe that's the perception of university heads, but we gladly took in Rashan Gary, Jabrill Peppers, Ryan Mallett, and Kevin Grady. Not exactly Rhodes Scholars. Is there a 5-star in recent memory we turned away for just having average grades? Doubt it. We won't recruit criminals, but we have lost out on too many quality 5-stars.

While true , Bama ,bucknuts and Clemson have 15 Gary’s etc. a year whereas we have one ! That won’t change!

sandyeggo_blue likes this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyThu Nov 12, 2020 6:32 pm

mgoblue93 wrote:
... Maybe that's the perception of university heads, but we gladly took in Rashan Gary, Jabrill Peppers, Ryan Mallett, and Kevin Grady.  Not exactly Rhodes Scholars.....

Mgoblue93 I get your point. I clearly understand where you are going with this with but I'm going to have to stop you right there.

1. Jabrill Peppers was a VERY good student. He had a 3.8 at Paramus in high school. He always attributed his love for rap and wanting to be a rapper to his thirst for reading. Jabrill is actually a VERY articulate dude. He was a VERY articulate kid when he was 18.

2. Rashan Gary chose Michigan over Clemson because of the the academics. Rashan's mother was HUGE on him getting a proper education and she wanted him to go to Michigan more than anywhere else because of it. Rashan was also a VERY good student at Paramus while in high school.

3. Ryan Mallet was a scholar athlete in high school. I believe he had a 4.0 but don't quote me on that. I remember an interview with Mike DeBord back in the day and they were so high on him not only because of his arm but also because his intelligence, and it wasn't just his football intelligence, they were very excited about his overall intelligence. I believe I remember reading a quote from Mallet a long time ago about how he wanted to be an engineer but was blessed with and arm and that's the road he ended up taking.

4. Admittedly, I don't know much about Kevin Grady.

mgoblue93 wrote:
... Is there a 5-star in recent memory we turned away for just having average grades?  Doubt it...

The last big time recruit (5*) that I can recall that was initially turned away but ended up getting in was Justin Turner during the Rich Rod years. He ended up being lazy and ate too much and never really panned out but that kid definitely comes to mind for this question. But yes, that was 12 years ago.

mgoblue93 wrote:
...We won't recruit criminals, but we have lost out on too many quality 5-stars...

Not true that UM won't recruit criminals. Sure, the precedence was set a long time ago and I don't believe any coach now would recruit a know criminal but again, Rich Rod tried so hard to get Denard's cousin Demar Dorsey (high 4*) on the team but the university wouldn't let him in because of his record. Hoke definitely wanted Donovan Winter and Austen Roberston even with their records. Also Hoke tried to get Donnie Corley too and we know how that turned out.

And I'd also like to point out that several UM stand outs did get into trouble while on campus to include; Taylor Lewan Graham Glasgow, Jake Butt, C'sonte York and Frank Clark. Don't get me started on Cissoko.

Basically I'm just trying to point out that Michigan DOES recruit some suspect kids but I'm sure the university has some type of risk mitigation formula that is much more strict than other schools and that determines whether a kid will get in or not.

mgoblue93 likes this post

Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 7:44 am

Well that was a shit show. I’m ready for 2020 to be over.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 10:01 am

Absolutely embarrassing from the coaches... once again having a team so unprepared and JH being so stubborn leaving Milton I’m so long ... please tell me there’s something else to McCaffrey leaving !!!
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 4:54 pm

Harbaugh’s sideline demeanor in the last two years or so seems to have changed drastically. He just doesn’t appear to be enthusiastic. Watch Indiana’s and Minnesota’s coaches and their obvious great relationships with their players and then watch the Michigan sidelines. Something is wrong. One of the worst results could be an adverse effect on recruiting and that could be disaster and have results for years.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptySun Nov 15, 2020 6:46 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
was  he was told to tone down by someone ?

Ding, ding, ding!

President Schlissel told him to reign it in. Or Schlissel told Manuel to tell Harbaugh, I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 11:47 am

well a good thing about it, other teams won't be able to tell the recruits that he is leaving for the NFL. I am sure no NFL team is interested after this dumpster fire.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 11:58 am

the artist formally known wrote:
well a good thing about it, other teams won't be able to tell the recruits that he is leaving for the NFL. I am sure no NFL team is interested after this dumpster fire.

you severely underestimate the stupidity of many owners lol ... he leaves guaranteed he gets a job
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyMon Nov 16, 2020 1:20 pm

I think he will be coaching in the NFL in 2021.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 11:14 am

Before we wrap up this topic let me pose a question. A question that will make a lot of Michigan fans walk the walk.

There is a saying around Ann Arbor and Columbus that it doesn't matter how the season unfolds as long as you win The Game then it's a successful season. Every UM fan is familiar with that saying and I'm sure everyone on this forum has said it and meant it at one point in time.

So with that said, If UM does lose every game remaining on the schedule but somehow, someway pulls out a win against O$U do you keep Harbaugh around? Does it change your mind in any way?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 12:17 pm

There is no way in hell this team gets within 30 points of the bucknuts ... this isn’t 1969 , Michigan was loaded with great players that year and had a coach that could properly prepare a game plan and have his team motivated and ready ... I think he walks away after next year ... he has been emotionally lost since Columbus 2018 , that ain’t going to change .... there needs to be a complete overhaul of the coaching staff especially on D !!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 12:35 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
There is no way in hell this team gets within 30 points of the bucknuts ... this isn’t 1969 , Michigan was loaded with great players that year and had a coach that could properly prepare a game plan and have his team motivated and ready ... I think he walks away after next year ... he has been emotionally lost since Columbus 2018 , that ain’t going to change .... there needs to be a complete overhaul of the coaching staff especially on D !!

fair enough, but the question was posed as a hypothetical. Keeping all options on the table..... UM beats O$U, do you keep Harbaugh?

Forget everything else. Forget the D. Forget the NFL. Forget your emotions.

If UM only wins 2 games and one of them is against O$U do you try to keep Harbaugh?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 12:37 pm

Fair enough... keep him only if he agrees the coaching changes !

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 1:15 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Before we wrap up this topic let me pose a question. A question that will make a lot of Michigan fans walk the walk.

There is a saying around Ann Arbor and Columbus that it doesn't matter how the season unfolds as long as you win The Game then it's a successful season. Every UM fan is familiar with that saying and I'm sure everyone on this forum has said it and meant it at one point in time.

So with that said, If UM does lose every game remaining on the schedule but somehow, someway pulls out a win against O$U do you keep Harbaugh around? Does it change your mind in any way?

My answer is no- that is not sufficient, but then I've never been one of the people that made that statement in the first place. It varies but in most seasons I'd be willing to give up 2 other wins or maybe 3 max, in exchange for a win over OSU. There would be exceptions though. I would not be willing to give up a Big Ten title for an OSU win. To put a variation on your hypothetical if we were say unbeaten in conference going into the OSU game and they had 2 losses, i.e. we play for the title win or lose then I would not have been willing to give up 2 earlier wins and trade places with OSU- where they play for title even with a loss to us.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 6:23 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

If UM only wins 2 games and one of them is against O$U do you try to keep Harbaugh?

It would be amazing if the players could give him a victory over O$U in one last attempt. Then i think it's time to say: "Thanks coach. It's best for everyone to move on now."

I am fearful that he'll end up going O-fer vs O$U. That would be devastating.

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 7:10 pm

mgoblue93 wrote:
...I am fearful that he'll end up going O-fer vs O$U.  That would be devastating...  

The possibility of this outcome is very real. And you are right, it would be devastating.

Also for the record, I'm hearing WAY to much Luke Fickell talk. I am going to say it now, F*CK that guy. I don't think he's that good of a coach. He's just Jim McElwain IMO. He's in a great spot now through both luck and circumstance. He is not a power 5 elite coach.

Also, I am hearing a lot about Iowa State head coach Matt Campbell. If you're not as familiar with him (like I wasn't) I'd advise you to do a little research. Based on his coaching I think this guy is the real deal and I'd love it if UM hired him.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 8:20 pm

Thanks Sandy i to agree Fickell would be a step backwards. He is doing well in a MAC conference type coach as I think PJ is going to be, The iowa State coach looks promising his runs a high power offense

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyTue Nov 17, 2020 8:41 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Thanks Sandy i to agree Fickell would be a step backwards. He is doing well in a MAC conference type coach as I think PJ is going to be, The iowa State coach looks promising his runs a high power offense

+1
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 4:41 am

[quote="sandyeggo_blue"]
mgoblue93 wrote:
Also, I am hearing a lot about Iowa State head coach Matt Campbell. If you're not as familiar with him (like I wasn't) I'd advise you to do a little research. Based on his coaching I think this guy is the real deal and I'd love it if UM hired him.

I know nothing about Campbell (I'll research him later) but from what I heard 'artist say about him running a high-powered offense I shudder...

Rich Rod 2.0?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 9:18 am

[quote="the artist formally known"]Thanks Sandy i to agree Fickell would be a step backwards. He is doing well in a MAC conference type coach as I think PJ is going to be, The iowa State coach looks promising his runs a high power offense[/quote
Ummmm BO was a MAC type coach ! Mind you I don’t think Fickell is the answer .
Back to top Go down

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 4:17 pm

okay one last comment Jim Harbaugh is 48-21 at Michigan. and he is loved by his fans. Brady Hoke was 31-20 and was run out of town. I think Brady's number are better. Yet we wanted to keep Harbaugh for a couple million more a year.

31-20
48-21
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 4:27 pm

All talk is irrelevant... Michigan will never be what they were in the 70s and 80s .... different era .... Michigan will never allow itself to become a football factory like the bucknuts, Bama and Clemson .... no matter who is coaching... the best you can hope for is Notte shame, with an occasional playoff appearance where we get embarrassed... my concern with JH is that his teams look totally unprepared and the game management is absolutely atrocious.... he changed after 2016 and he seems to have been totally beaten down mentally after 2018 ... he will NOT get fired ... I think he moves on after next season ... still a great player not so much as a coach
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fire Harbaugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Harbaugh   Fire Harbaugh Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Harbaugh
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next