Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game Day - Toledo

Go down 
+2
wshoes
sandyeggo_blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 12:49 pm

Nice to see UM pick up a game since NC State is having Covid issues. I know next to nothing about Toledo. I'm hoping its a nice tune up game (and win) moving into conference play.

Game time is 6:30p on FS1.

OT: #5 Michigan hockey gets two games at home against #4 Minnesota tonight (BTN @ 8:30p) and tomorrow (BTN @6:30p).

the artist formally known likes this post

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 3:15 pm

Glad to get the televised hockey games. Both teams are missing some players because of the World juniors I think.

Toledo basketball is a decent team not a tomato can.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 10:37 am

Minnesota was really good last night. Michigan didn't help themselves with all of the penalties. Hope to see a two game split tonight.

joe

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 4:54 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Minnesota was really good last night. Michigan didn't help themselves with all of the penalties. Hope to see a two game split tonight.

I watched a little. Why did our guys keep losing their edge? I have never seen that many guys just fall down.

I know you play. Can you explain?

*edit* I didn't see Minny players falling down. *edit*

sandyeggo_blue

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 5:52 pm

joe wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I watched a little. Why did our guys keep losing their edge? I have never seen that many guys just fall down.

I know you play. Can you explain?

*edit* I didn't see Minny players falling down. *edit*

Didn't see that but I did notice the pace of play to start the game was excellent from both teams. I also noticed that both teams were starting to have problems with the puck and skating near the end of each period. that is probably just conditioning. Legs always go first. It's not a talent issue. Michigan has probably a dozen guys that have been or definitely will be drafted.

the artist formally known

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 3:44 pm

Is Minny really that good, tearing it up right now. If Jack would have been that good 3 years ago probably still wearing maze and blue

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 12:26 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Is Minny really that good, tearing it up right now. If Jack would have been that good 3 years ago probably still wearing maze and blue

Hard to know for sure, we were missing a lot of offensive firepower (guys playing at the Juniors).
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 4:41 pm

wshoes wrote:

Hard to know for sure, we were missing a lot of offensive firepower (guys playing at the Juniors).

yep, I do believe that they are in fact that good. I think they were missing some key defensemen as well but don't quote me on that.

BetterThansparty

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 7:21 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
wshoes wrote:

yep, I do believe that they are in fact that good. I think they were missing some key defensemen as well but don't quote me on that.

Hockey talk on the bouncyball forum? OK, I'm in.

Yes Michigan was missing 5 players who are at World Juniors, not all will actually make the team but just being invited is very impressive. minny has 3 Defensemen at World Juniors. Most of their offensive firepower was still with the team. Most of Michigan's was gone, but I'm not making excuses. Even the announcers (who you can't always trust) made a point of saying that when Michigan and minnesota play it's typically like this (both teams missing players) as they used to play in the College Hockey showcase when the schools were in different conferences and they played over the Thanksgiving break.

Yes minny is that good this year. And as for LaFontaine I recall years ago watching him and Hayden Lavigne play. No I am not a goalie expert or even competent at goalie evaluation but back then I took the bold position of saying that LaFontaine would win the starters job the next year. What I wasn't aware of (although even if I was it wouldn't have affected my opinion) is that Jack was 17 at the time. The guy came to Michigan way too young and simply couldn't handle the pressure, life, competition, etc. It wasn't his fault. He did what was right and played in the USHL for a year and then went to minny (they had an opening in goal last year). He played well for them last year but this year is what I saw for him at Michigan later in his college career. Granted minny as a team is helping him out a lot but LaFontaine is standing on his head at times.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 11:19 pm

Bo 2.0 wrote:
...as they used to play in the College Hockey showcase when the schools were in different conferences....

I always like the showcase so I was happy when the B1G started it's own conference.

Bo 2.0 wrote:
...What I wasn't aware of (although even if I was it wouldn't have affected my opinion) is that Jack was 17 at the time.  The guy came to Michigan way too young and simply couldn't handle the pressure, life, competition, etc.  It wasn't his fault...

You forgot to add that UM also recruited Straus Mann that year so it was really going to be a 3 way competition. No hard feeling for the guy leaving.

dwoody

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 1:47 am

As soon as you said bouncy ball, I stopped reading your post. Childish.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 3:11 am

dwoody wrote:

I know better but you sound like a trump supporter. In total denial of the facts that I laid out.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 3:25 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
...as they used to play in the College Hockey showcase when the schools were in different conferences....

I always like the showcase so I was happy when the B1G started it's own conference.

Bo 2.0 wrote:
...What I wasn't aware of (although even if I was it wouldn't have affected my opinion) is that Jack was 17 at the time.  The guy came to Michigan way too young and simply couldn't handle the pressure, life, competition, etc.  It wasn't his fault...

You forgot to add that UM also recruited Straus Mann that year so it was really going to be a 3 way competition. No hard feeling for the guy leaving.

Strauss wasn't that year but yes. Strauss coming in probably was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've heard that was the main reason why Jack left but IMHO nah, he just couldn't get over Lavigne leading Michigan on a Frozen Four run the year prior. Jack was given the starting job by the fans before he even got on campus but when Mel gave it to Lavigne it totally crushed him.

Jack wasn't mature enough so he talked to some people about what he could do and he opted for the USHL then transfer route. I've never met the kid but I'm glad everything worked out for the guy, even though minny hockey fans are the worst.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

sandyeggo_blue likes this post

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 11:36 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
dwoody wrote:

I know better but you sound like a trump supporter.  In total denial of the facts that I laid out.

I can’t deny what I never read.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptySat Dec 12, 2020 5:36 pm

dwoody wrote:
Bo 2.0 wrote:
dwoody wrote:

I know better but you sound like a trump supporter.  In total denial of the facts that I laid out.

I can’t deny what I never read.

Like I said, trump supporter...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo EmptyMon Dec 14, 2020 12:28 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:

Yes Michigan was missing 5 players who are at World Juniors, not all will actually make the team but just being invited is very impressive.

3 out of 5 ain't bad...

https://mgoblue.com/news/2020/12/12/ice-hockey-beniers-brisson-york-named-to-us-national-junior-team.aspx

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Game Day - Toledo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game Day - Toledo   Game Day - Toledo Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Day - Toledo
Page 1 of 1