Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Showtime, folks!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Showtime, folks! Empty
PostSubject: Showtime, folks!   Showtime, folks! EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:21 pm

A nice opening test against MAC favorite Buffalo. I’m anxious to see Diabate’ and Jones, especially.
Nothing beats NCAA Basketball!

Last edited by dwoody on Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Showtime, folks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime, folks!   Showtime, folks! EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 12:42 pm

Was all set to go and then my dog was throwing up this morning, Couldn't get into the vet until late this afternoon. I too am excited to see the team.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Showtime, folks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime, folks!   Showtime, folks! EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 3:59 pm

Buffalo should be a tourney team so it will be nice to see how the team stacks up out of the gate. Of course it's as early in the season as it gets and a lot can change but I'm looking for a few things out of a few players more than I am looking at team play.

go blue

sandyeggo_blue

Showtime, folks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime, folks!   Showtime, folks! EmptyWed Nov 10, 2021 9:45 pm

jones is a lot sturdier then I thought. I had to go back and look at his build at Coastal and you can see that he put on some muscle. He also has really fast hands. Watch for him to have a lot of ball strips this year. Howard probably hit another homerun in the portal. I think this will be the norm moving forward.

Caleb is the real deal. I said it earlier and he just proved me right. I hope he can see some meaningful gains in the weightroom before the tourney. 5lbs would be a world of difference. his ceiling is really high.

The bench points were great. there is quality depth and that bodes well for a deep run. championship teams always have quality depth.

Hunter was exactly what I thought he would be. you can see the growth in his IQ and his maturity. the offense is going to run through him a lot this year and he knows it and he embraces it. one thing I didn't like was that he didn't seem to be in good rebound positioning at times. I thought he was money last year with that but tonight he didn't seem as solid as last year. That could be that buffalo was just really good at boxing out. I'll wait to watch as the season goes on.

there was a lot said last year that whenever terrance williams was on the floor he was michigan's weakest link. that is not the case this year. he is a multi tool player. He is going to be integral to michigan's success. He might be this year's chaundee brown.

diabate is physically ready to be an elite college player. he's only going to get better as the season goes on. after only one game he reminds me of Iggy.

for the better part of the past decade this team had plenty of 3pt shooters but I don't know if they do this year. they were good from the behind the arc but I don't see anyone that excites me from long.

I really enjoyed watching michigan's big lineup.

michigan has a lot to clean up on defense. I have no doubt that they will get better as the season goes on.

I don't think I've ever seen a game with 3 double techs ha ha.

not good from the charity line tonight but I'm not worried. It was probably just one of those nights but the game could've been a lot different down the stretch is they had just 5 more free throw points.

the pick and roll for eli looks like it hasn't missed a beat. it looked in mid season form tonight.

the one player that I wanted to see play more but didn't was bufkin.

semi related... the maize rage looked at times like they took too many shots of benadryl and nyquil. they need to step up their game.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Showtime, folks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime, folks!   Showtime, folks! EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 12:01 am

Bufkin played in the mid- to late-first half. Poor radio reception made mills hard to hear for this deaf guy, so I can’t say how he did.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Showtime, folks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime, folks!   Showtime, folks! EmptyThu Nov 11, 2021 9:41 am

dwoody wrote:
Bufkin played in the mid- to late-first half. Poor radio reception made mills hard to hear for this deaf guy, so I can’t say how he did.
I meant that to say "the one player that I wanted to see play more but didn't was bufkin." I fixed it Very Happy

Showtime, folks! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showtime, folks!   Showtime, folks! Empty

Back to top Go down

Showtime, folks!
Page 1 of 1