Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's the latest on Harbaugh?

Go down 
+3
joe
BOLEACH7
mgoblue93
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mgoblue93

What's the latest on Harbaugh? Empty
PostSubject: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 11:05 am

I just saw that Harbaugh told a recruit and his father that he is entertaining NFL offers per 247sports/Sam Webb.

Maybe he is leaking this to leverage a bigger contract/bigger buyout. Maybe he will go where the market dictates

Do we want him? Do we want a change? He's losing a lot of talent next year, so I could see him leaving now while he can.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 11:07 am

If he is leaving mainly because we’re losing talent then that’s pretty sad …

mgoblue93 likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 1:28 pm

So Brian Kelly told everyone he was staying at ND and then a few days later he went to LSU for 5 times as much. He was crucified.

Jim is telling you he will listen to others. Whether it is NFL or other Colleges is immaterial.

Either way it seems like the coach loses. At least Harbaugh is telling the truth. I respect that immensely.

What would you do?

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptySat Jan 08, 2022 4:19 pm

Really surprised all thsi is going down a year ago he could have left and went where vere he wanted and nobody would have care. trouble with having an ex NFL coach is every damn year he is rumored to be going back to the NFL. Get pretty sickening to listen to. Pretty soon Jawan will be headed to the NBA. st finbumb whole objective seem to be to wreck Michigan and Harbaugh when and if Harbaugh goes to the NFL Finebumb will have nothing to talk about, Dey is a much better situation why does no one mention hin=m.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 5:13 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
... trouble with having an ex NFL coach is every damn year he is rumored to be going back to the NFL. Get pretty sickening to listen to. Pretty soon Jawan will be headed to the NBA...

... Dey is a much better situation why does no one mention hin...

+2

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptySun Jan 09, 2022 10:22 pm

after the latest up dates i would say he is all but gone ! affraid Now the coaching watch will continue. personally i would like a guy that wants to stay a college coach sick of the never ending drama of a coach leaving for the pros. I don't even care if he is a Michigan man , just win baby. Yea and beat State and O$U

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 10:07 am

Well if Jim can’t force the higher ups to give Michigan more equal footing with recruits and NIL does anyone really think someone else coming in will do any better … be happy with beating sparty and beating the bucknuts every ten years … that is the future of Michigan football !!!!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyMon Jan 10, 2022 9:40 pm

there is soooo much explosive young talent on this team. If he does leave and UM hires someone that is half as good as Jim then they will be just fine moving forward.

joe

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 5:50 pm

Whoa guys, do not jump from the bridge just yet.

As far as NIL, the rumors that Michigan has done nothing is total bullshit.

First understand something. The University technically does NOTHING in NIL. The university can not broker a deal for the athlete. In fact, it is a violation if they do. So anyone that says Michigan is far behind in NIL has no idea what they are talking about.

The NIL is outside boosters paying the athletes. Just like always but now it is all known.

No ONE knows what the rules for NIL are right now. They are feeling their way through. It is kinda the wild west they say.

What I hear is there are actually businesses cropping up that manage donations coming in from boosters and payments going out to athletes. One of them actually has a go fund me and anyone can donate to the NIL pool. It is crazy.

There is a lot to think about. What if a guy gets $100,000 and then transfers? What if he gets a  million and then wants to sit out the bowl game???? That could be interesting.

Now, Jim Harbaugh. This is 100% my opinion and mine only. He is not going anywhere.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2022 9:31 pm

6 years ago when harbaugh was thinking about leaving SF for Michigan I was infatuated with the latest news. I couldn't turn away. I was even citing Greg Henson at my height of harbaugh hysteria. turns out I was right and I couldn't have been happier but I've committed myself to not going down that path this time around. I'm going to try my best to sit back and let nature run it's course.

side note: michigan is #5 in the way-too-early 2022 pre-season polls so maybe that holds weight.

joe likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2022 8:40 pm

harbaugh be being coy about the situation, says he happy with the way things are going and loves the vipes of being wanted again. Has not come out and said he aint going also not said he is. Thinking he is loving the attention

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

BOLEACH7 likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2022 6:51 pm

I was listening to WTKA yesterday and Michael Spath was on. He is a minor insider but does know stuff.

He said there are 3 Michigan football players that are approaching $1,000,000 for NIL.

He did not say how much but JJ McCarthy apparently leads the way. My guess is that Blake Corum is one of the other 2 based on the amount of money he has been giving away/donating.

So what he said was that NIL money is similar to your salary or wages. People do not tell each other what they are making. This sort of helps with the claim of a third stringer that the starter is getting preferential treatment.

I am wondering and have to believe this money is now taxable. So, the SEC has had slush funds all along but now the athletes have to claim it.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 8:48 am

Yes, it is absolutely taxable income. In a few years we'll probably have our first college athlete to declare bankruptcy. Hopefully most or all have trustworthy financial advisors.

sandyeggo_blue likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 1:36 pm

Well shoes, no they do not.

Some?, 50%? 75%?

Some get maybe $250,000. I could spend that in a week if I wanted. It is not much.

Along with other things I have mentioned I believe that if they are smart the universities will very quickly develop a Department of NIL Compliance.

And sooner or later they have to put some kind of rules on it. I heard the NCAA would not let Charlie Batch give a guy a million to play at EMU. Maybe Charlie should have just done it and not said anything.

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 3:25 pm

didn't take this shit long to get outta hand, I just as soon see them set up minor league football , then do this to college. i am not so naive to think it hasn't been going on awhile, but now its just in the open. it would be so bad if they just said like a Freshman get 100000 and soph gets 150000 a jr gets 200000 and sr unlimited if they play all games. Still I am not thrilled with the NIL things being what they are.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

joe likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2022 4:47 pm

didn't take this shit long to get outta hand, I just as soon see them set up minor league football , then do this to college. i am not so naive to think it hasn't been going on awhile, but now its just in the open. it would be so bad if they just said like a Freshman get 100000 and soph gets 150000 a jr gets 200000 and sr unlimited if they play all games. Still I am not thrilled with the NIL things being what they are.

Yeah and outta hand is putting it lightly. There are literally hundreds of millions of dollars floating around the athlete sphere. I read this article yesterday. Notice a lot of names mentioned but no dollar amounts anywhere.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/football/2021/7/7/22565364/michigan-wolverines-basketball-football-reported-nil-name-image-likeness-deals-july-7

joe

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2022 9:02 pm

I think they have run out of every fucking scenario to write about. Maybe I just ignore it now but I do not recall seeing anything lately.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:15 pm

I’m more worried about McDonald at this point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:19 pm

why is it Michigan that keeps getting poached by NFL coaching positions ! Mcdonald now a candidate for the Ravens after coming for the Ravens. It just seems weird that Michigan is always in the news for coaching candidates , doesn't Michigan pay them enough.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:51 pm

People are ambitious and want to move up in their fields.
Maybe Jim and John should work out a lend-lease coaching program.

sandyeggo_blue likes this post

Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 10:02 pm

The loss of Mcdonald is likely because of Harbaugh's unknown status. It also appears that interest from the Raiders and Bears is minimal.

Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe Harbaugh is burnt out in Michigan. If there's not much NFL interest, seems he's hanging us out to dry. We already lost a promising DC in the process.

(Not to mention, WHY is he even looking coming off this season?)
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 12:10 am

Who really said he is “looking”? Really. Who said that?

BOLEACH7 likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 6:43 pm

So I am just going to put this name here for DC.

Mike Elston

Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2022 10:11 pm

dwoody wrote:
Who really said he is “looking”? Really. Who said that?

Ok, bad choice of words on my part.

WHY is Harbaugh open to NFL jobs?

His leverage wrench looks like it's made out of defective chinese steel.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 10:55 am

My post on the situation from mgoblog:

Jim (reasonably, in my opinion), felt under appreciated by the administration and a large segment of the fan base, though I keep reminding myself that this blog's posters do not represent, a close approximation of the entire fanbase.

Criticism was fair, but again, just IMO, out of proportion to his record prior to 2021, especially in context of the two coaches that preceded him and the OSU dominant environment in the conference. 2021 was his vindication and by any reasonable measure, a spectacular season that was fun as well as successful.

The money is what it is, if MSU and LSU are "overpaying", markets have always been set by the most recent contracts. You can say as a coach, that the money doesn't matter and still understand that the money is a measure of the respect shown you.

For those who say the University can't afford it, wait and see if we make an unsuccessful change at the coaching position, what the costs will be from shrinking attendance and declining fan interest.

Harbaugh saved the program when it was about to crater after RR and Hoke, and reversed ticket sale trends contrary to the nation wide trends that were still in decline at the time and remain in decline.

My pure guess is that Warde would like to move on, but wants public sentiment to support it. I also predict that Gattis will be the next head coach. I share concerns of those who wonder if a guy whom most on here thought was a failure, prior to 2021, will work out. I hope so and I will be pulling for him or whomever, 100 percent. I would also suggest that attracting a top coach with a more solid track record and head coaching experience would be far more difficult than many assume.

Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 12:56 pm

wshoes wrote:
The money is what it is, if MSU and LSU are "overpaying", markets have always been set by the most recent contracts. You can say as a coach, that the money doesn't matter and still understand that the money is a measure of the respect shown you.

I agree, however I am somewhat disappointed if that is the case with Harbaugh; because he was overpaid his first 5 years.  He humbly took a pay cut last season, and this reflected well on all parties involved.  After one great season, Harbaugh is premature in leveraging for more money (imo) if that is the case.  

wshoes wrote:
My pure guess is that Warde would like to move on, but wants public sentiment to support it. I also predict that Gattis will be the next head coach. I share concerns of those who wonder if a guy whom most on here thought was a failure, prior to 2021, will work out. I hope so and I will be pulling for him or whomever, 100 percent. I would also suggest that attracting a top coach with a more solid track record and head coaching experience would be far more difficult than many assume.

I too, will pull for whoever we get.  I hope it's not Gattis, but if it is, I would look at it almost as an interim roll at this point.  Give him a year to see how he does, while targeting top candidates.  Doesn't need to be a huge name.  Wouldn't mind someone who flies under the radar and comes with little hype.

Also, if Harbaugh does leave, why not go get McDonald for HC, and take him back from the Ravens?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 1:18 pm

I'm guessing if it is Gattis that he gets a 4 year contract. Of course, I could well be wrong. The problem with interim coaches is that you cannot recruit successfully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 2:01 pm

Gawd Jim Harbaugh go away already foe 5 years we have been hearing he is leaving it like a cyst on your ass I think it hrts in recruiting it hurts the fan base just go. Mind you if he goes to Minny I hope he loses every fucking game. I am just sick of listening to it.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 2:44 pm

wshoes wrote:
I'm guessing if it is Gattis that he gets a 4 year contract. Of course, I could well be wrong. The problem with interim coaches is that you cannot recruit successfully.

I agree, but considering our options if Harbaugh leaves, we're pretty late in the game for hiring a choice HC.  

If it's Gattis, I would imagine they'd structure his deal with an easy buyout.  I'd hope it would be easy to let him go after a year (if needed)-but then again, it's not like eating a competitive deal would hurt UM at all.  I get that the recruiting could be slowed by Warde/AD not committing with a longterm deal, but I honestly do not think it would impact that much.  

I think many kids commit to a program more than an HC; and if we struggle recruiting with Gattis, an immediate hire in December next year, would turn recruiting around immediately in theory, even for the class of 23.

We'll see, Im not too worried either way, but I am getting more annoyed with Harbaugh as this goes on.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? EmptySun Jan 30, 2022 3:40 pm

Just be careful what you wish for guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the latest on Harbaugh?   What's the latest on Harbaugh? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the latest on Harbaugh?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next