Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine Empty
PostSubject: No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine   No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine EmptyFri May 13, 2022 10:00 am

Unfortunately it could mean 2 different things entirely.

1. He is coming back.

2. A general Manager told him he would take him with his second round pick and he should not get himself injured. (See Ojabo)

So 2 entirely different opinions.

Whatcha think?

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine   No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine EmptyFri May 13, 2022 11:31 am

I watched every game he played last year and I can't imagine him being drafted even at the end of the second round. He had one strength: spot up shooting when left alone (and then only at home). How often is anyone left alone to spot up shoot in the NBA? Plus he doesn't have a particularly quick release.

To his credit, his defense improved from dreadful to somewhat decent, but still can't be considered a strength. But he showed no ability to create his own shot or to hit 3's off the dribble (except on a fast break), and no ability to take it to the rim. He ineligible to improve for sure, but there are no guarantees. If he comes back great, if he doesn't then I won't be as depressed as losing Trey, or Nick, or Franz.

sandyeggo_blue likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine   No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine EmptyFri May 13, 2022 11:54 am

Yeah shoes but NBA GMs look at things we do not understand. That is why they make the big bux

sandyeggo_blue likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine   No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine EmptyWed May 18, 2022 3:41 pm

So now there are a couple mock drafts that have Caleb going to OKC with pick 30. This is actually a projection in at least 1 other mock besides this so now 2 of them have said it.

A lot of the time, as we know, where there is smoke there is far! lol

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine   No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine EmptyWed May 18, 2022 8:23 pm

I saw that Joe. I am prepared to be wrong about that (nether the first time , nor will it be the last). I just don't see the skill-set based upon what he actually did in a full season of college basketball. To me he was essentially Evan Smotricz (spelling unknown).
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine   No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine EmptyThu May 19, 2022 9:38 pm

I just can't figure how he showed enough this year to make a GM like his "potential" and draft him 1st or 2nd round.

he has the measurables and the IQ but another season where he works on his game and becomes a 45/40/85 player and he goes in the first round next year. I think he knows that. Plus I think he figures that Juwan has plans for him to be even more integrated into the offense this year with Johns Jr leaving.

The other thing that nobody is talking about is that there may be an NIL in the works that he likes and brings him back to MICHIGAN.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine   No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine EmptyMon May 23, 2022 7:16 pm

this helps clear it up a bit. Interesting

https://sports.yahoo.com/speculation-surrounding-thunder-potentially-promising-170026858.html

PostSubject: Re: No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine   No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine Empty

Back to top Go down

No one mentioned Houstan pulling out of the combine
Page 1 of 1