Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!)

Go down 
+3
BOLEACH7
joe
Admin
7 posters

How do you want topic threads structured?
A) I like the way it is. Original post at the bottom, newest replies at the top.
Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) Vote_lcap40%Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) Vote_rcap
 40% [ 10 ]
B) I would like it changed, so that the original post always remains at the top, and the newest replies are at the bottom/last page.
Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) Vote_lcap56%Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) Vote_rcap
 56% [ 14 ]
C) Those are your only two choices. If you pick 'C', I'll assume your computer refuses to scroll, thus you've lost the battle already.
Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) Vote_lcap4%Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) Empty
PostSubject: Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!)   Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:29 am

Ok, so I've noticed that a few people are asking how to switch their format so that the original post to a topic will always be at the top, with the newest post to that topic always at the bottom (opposite of what we have now). I personally don't like that idea, only because once this thing gets big, and a lot of posts are being added to a topic, you'll be scrolling and scrolling and flipping through pages to find the newest posts you haven't read yet.

But...this is America, and most decisions on this site will be made via Democracy. So, I put it to vote.

I will keep this poll up for 4 days, so that the weekday/'I'm at work and bored as Hell' posters have a chance to vote as well.

Thanks again, all.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
joe

joe

PostSubject: Ok, I'll be a prick and ask   Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:52 pm

How about this?

The OP FIRST, then start with the newest posts after that.

I would like that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Not an option available to me**    Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:54 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
How about this?

The OP FIRST, then start with the newest posts after that.

I would like that.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!)   Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:55 pm

with the money we are paying you .... you can't fix that Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: haha, raking in the big bucks*    Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:59 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
with the money we are paying you .... you can't fix that Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!)   Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:01 pm

and very well earned for this great site you have set up .... GO BLUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
HailToTheVictors!

PostSubject: So what's the verdict on this?   Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:33 pm

I'd love this if it was set up more like MgoBlog. Much easier to scroll down compared to going backwards and scrolling up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: I'll close this poll in a couple days*   Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:00 pm

-
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!)   Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Can I please change my previous vote? I originally picked "B", but after using the format more, I realize that the way you currently have it is very good. I just had to play catch up a bit.

So mark me down as an "A"

Question: Is there anyway of having the original post show first and then the newest comments commence? That way you would be in on subject without scrolling all the way back.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Noted. I will remember to +/- 1 on A and B when closed*    Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:05 am

Go_Blue wrote:
Can I please change my previous vote? I originally picked "B", but after using the format more, I realize that the way you currently have it is very good. I just had to play catch up a bit.

So mark me down as an "A"

Question: Is there anyway of having the original post show first and then the newest comments commence? That way you would be in on subject without scrolling all the way back.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: THE POLL IS TIED!!!   Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:52 pm

I know it reads differently, but a member changed his vote.

It's 10 to 10 (to 1....but that guy.... Mad )

Closing the poll tonight when I go to bed.

If it's tied....it remains the way it is.

(And that will be the way it always goes on polls. For something to be changed, I need the majority to vote for 'change'. A tie isn't enough.)

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: I originally voted to keep it the way it is   Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 8:59 pm

After getting this many users on the site (Great job by the way) I think it might be better the other way around a la S&M. I am respectfully requesting to change my vote.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: I'm the 4% for C   Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:04 pm

Very Happy It scrolls, but I don't really care about the layout, just the content.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!)   Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 11:02 pm

[quote="Admin"]
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Very Happy It scrolls, but I don't really care about the layout, just the content.

That's two votes changed now....

One orig for A, now for B.

The other orig for B, now for A.

So...that's a wash. lol

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!)   Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Topic/Reply Format (POLL CLOSES TUESDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!)
Page 1 of 1