Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OK...it's time to clear the air.

Go down 
+2
BetterThansparty
exmichresident
6 posters
AuthorMessage
exmichresident

OK...it's time to clear the air.   Empty
PostSubject: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:11 pm

I've been a Michigan fan my whole life and most likely will always be. I remember when the RR hire had everyone excited including myself. Let's face it Lloyd was clueless against the spread. I loved being called QB University, with all the great QB's year after year. I liked the pro-style offense but, I was open to the spread. By the way, Bo was impressed with what RR was developing too. I followed WVA in the later years and the product he put out was something. The bowl victory against Oklahoma was impressive. WVA looked half the size, yet were just as tough and fast. I welcomed the new coach and his offense. I'm the first to admit, I don't like the spread QB's, they can't make it in the pro's. But I was willing to give it a chance and it is exciting. I know after the first year some started to question RR. He wasn't a Mich Man! Well neither were Bo, Yost or Fritz. If you read Bo's book it somewhat mirrors RR's first couple of years with the major exception of wins and loses. I default to Bacon's book for further explanation of why RR failed. And I still believe Bo would never have tolerated the way RR was treated if he was still living!
Now, I also am the one (on the other forum) who said it was time to go. I didn't question Hoke's hire, I gave him the same chance I did RR. I am happy to see the pro sytle re-established at Mich. I'm glad to see a really good Def. Coordinator. I do question whether Hoke would have been as sucsessful with the team RR started with. Hoke's recruiting is great, that combined with the staff, we have some fun years in front of us.
So, for all those who think I loved RR and hate Hoke, you are crazy. I just didn't think RR was given the chance, even before I read the book and that is why I can't stand people still ripping him. Even the most die-hard fans admit now that he was screwed from the moment he took the podium. Don't forget, with the right Def. coordinator he might well be still coaching. But let's move on, I did. Let's not forget what wins championships lately, the spread or a portion of it and let's not forget who invented it. I wish him the best at Arizona and hope he does great. In the meantime, I will be rooting for Michigan!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:49 pm

When the Rich Clod hire was announced I too was eager to see the results. I was very optimistic that he was coming to Michigan. Then 3-9 happened, I began remembering many of the older Alumni had said. Still I supported him and the first 5 games of 2009 got me all excited. Then the sparty game came and went, woosh, there went my confidence but I still held onto hope. 2010 started ok, and again the sparty game came and went. Once is acceptable on rare occasions, twice happens on rare instances but I let it go, three times in purely unacceptable. It was the third loss to sparty (a traditionally inferior opponent) that made the decision for me. Rich Clod was a dead man to me unless he finished with 8 wins including a victory over ohio.

I wouldn't say Rich Clod invented the spread, he merely tweaked what Mouse Davis did at Portland State and various Arena league teams. When Mouse Davis came to the Lions as the OC, how did that work out for them?

Rich Clod may do well in the PAC-12, and I hope he does, but get him in the NFL or the B1G TEN and he's toast.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 2:11 pm

I hated the hire and loved the fire!! F*** Rich Rod. His whining, lying, and scapegoating told me all I needed to know. He is not a leader. At least he was never a leader at UM. A leader does not cast blame on everyone and everything for his or her failures. A leader does not belittle players to the media (coincidence that Gibbons has become a serviceble PK?) A leader does not accept a position unless he or she knows what they are getting into. And lastly, a leader does not ask a room full of football players to hold hands and sing a Josh Grobin tune.

You say that if he had a decent DC he would still be coaching UM. We will never know because he was to stupid, stubborn, and refused to learn his enemy (more things about being a leader).

Even with all of the "behind the scene" activities, any good coach should not have the worst win/loss record that Richie boy did. You do realize that his record was worse than the early years when UM went a few years without a coach.

When Richie boy was fired, I was ecstatic. When Hoke was hired I did my research and waited to see what developed. One thing I always kept in my mind was how his ex-players talked about him. I was not surprised at the results of last year. Well, maybe a little, I expected only 9 wins.

And that's all I have to say about that (in my best Forest Gump voice)

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 3:37 pm

Go_Blue wrote:
...a leader does not ask a room full of football players to hold hands and sing a Josh Grobin tune.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:11 am

I can honestly (unfortunately) say that I was hoping for a new offensive scheme when Carr was retiring. I just felt that Michigan was way too predictable and I really enjoyed watching the spread and THOUGHT it would work it the Big Ten. Now after the RichRod era I understand why Michigan did what they did for so many years with so much success. So yes I was one of those who were excited for RichRod to be hired... affraid Shame on me
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:45 am

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
I can honestly (unfortunately) say that I was hoping for a new offensive scheme when Carr was retiring. I just felt that Michigan was way too predictable and I really enjoyed watching the spread and THOUGHT it would work it the Big Ten. Now after the RichRod era I understand why Michigan did what they did for so many years with so much success. So yes I was one of those who were excited for RichRod to be hired... affraid Shame on me

I love what Al Borges is doing by morphing the spread and pro style together. I think that is the future of college football.
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:39 am

Thank you MichiganFootball13, that was what I was refering to, I think you read my post for what it was intended. Wow, you can sense such anger from the others.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:09 am

I have no anger. Anger is for the things that impacts your life, not how some 18-22year olds play a game. I just don't like being lectured too by some anonymous guy on a football forum.
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 10:45 am

fish...truce. OK?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 12:40 pm

Fight, fight, fight.... bom

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:01 pm

exmichresident wrote:
fish...truce. OK?

Sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Can't we all just get along? Agree to disagree? Respect each others opinions? Agree that we probably don't have all the information? I mean if we all agreed that Rich Rod was a douchebag, there would be nothing to talk about.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 4:15 pm

What am I missing?? Is there a thread that was deleted or something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK...it's time to clear the air.    OK...it's time to clear the air.   Empty

Back to top Go down

OK...it's time to clear the air.
Page 1 of 1