Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Can someone clear this up

Go down 
+3
wshoes
fishgoblue22
sandyeggo_blue
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Can someone clear this up Empty
PostSubject: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 1:06 am

NFL network (Ian Rapaport) saying that rebuffed UM's first offer and they counter offered.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

Sources: #Michigan has made another run at Jim Harbaugh after he initially rebuffed the school. U-M has made an offer of 6 years, $48M. Wow.
3:02 PM - 17 Dec 2014

Did UM offer already and did JIM turn them down? I don't recall that ever happening.

I know they talked to JIM last week and it is reported that they left feeling he wanted to stay in the NFL but did UM actually, for sure, no doubt about it, offer Jim and he turned them down?

Is Ian rapaport blowing smoke or what's the deal?

I am only asking because if UM offered before and he said no, but now they've offered again and he hasn't said no then that would be a good sign for UM. But I guess this all hinges on if Ian Rapaport is making false claims.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 6:58 am

It sounds like a way for him to justify his "report" last week that Jim told UM he is staying in the NFL.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 8:26 am

No rebuffs to this point.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 9:33 am

Beware of Twitter and random reports. There are tons of guys that claim they know something when they don't. All the NFL guys seem to be blowing a lot of smoke right now. Sadly Shefter is one of them. He doesn't believe the deal is real.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:55 am

I'm with 'shoes.

Jim has not turned Michigan down over this past couple of weeks.

Perhaps through back channels UofM got the impression that they were facing a steep hill to climb, but never a decisive 'no'.

This offer is Michigan pulling out their balls and placing them right on the table...which is all that we, the fans, can ask for.

The question right now is: from which side did this story leak?

I originally doubted that the leak came from the UofM side, and leaned towards it leaking from JH's camp (for leverage purposes). But, the more and more I think about it, I'm thinking it leaked from the UofM side...simply so that the fan base would see that the university gave it its all in trying to land JH (whether it happens or not).

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:56 am

Admin wrote:
I'm with 'shoes.

Perhaps through back channels UofM got the impression that they were facing a steep hill to climb, but never a decisive 'no'.

This offer is Michigan pulling out their balls and placing them right on the table...which is all that we, the fans, can ask for.

I originally doubted that the leak came from the UofM side, and leaned towards it leaking from JH's camp (for leverage purposes). But, the more and more I think about it, I'm thinking it leaked from the UofM side...simply so that the fan base would see that the university gave it its all in trying to land JH (whether it happens or not).

If he doesn't come, the fans could never blame the university for not trying.

wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:02 am

Admin wrote:
Admin wrote:
I'm with 'shoes.

If he doesn't come, the fans could never blame the university for not trying.

That's logical.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 3:12 pm

I wanted them to offer .... if Jim says no so be it .... but it has to come from his lips .... no " we felt his heart was in the NFL , so we took him off our list " bullshit from Brandon .... Hackett has done his part .... your move Jim
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 4:33 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
I wanted them to offer .... if Jim says no so be it .... but it has to come from his lips .... no " we felt his heart was in the NFL , so we took him off our list " bullshit from Brandon .... Hackett has done his part .... your move Jim

I'm right there with you Bo but I'd like to add that it needed to be a legit offer. not some bullshit offer just to appease the fans.

Hackett has made an offer that no fan can be mad at if JIM says no. That is exactly what the fans have been asking for.

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 4:49 pm

any news on when Jim's next press conference is ?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 5:37 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:

I'm referencing something Jeff Moss said last night so TIFWIW but......

last night Jeff Moss and Gregg Henson did an impromptu podcast. During the podcast last night, Jeff Moss said he just received a text from his source that said something like "expect radio silence from the Harbaugh camp until Monday"

I'm pretty sure you can replay the podcast here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/detroitsportsrag/2014/12/18/moss-and-gregg-henson-harbaugh-podcast

I'm pretty sure Jeff Moss got that text and said that within the first ten minutes or so after Greg Henson joined the podcast (he was running a bit late) so you might want to go back and listen for yourself. So don't quote me on the exact day but I do remember he said there would be silence from Harbaugh.

that's all of the info I have to pass on.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 10:02 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:

He had a press conference right about the time of your post.

Was asked once directly about the offer, said he could only comment on his current job.

Was later asked about his affinity for Michigan...said he couldn't comment about other institutions or organizations.

theJET84

theJET84

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 11:42 pm

The only thing I can think of is if he's referencing a possible "rebuff" before joke was hired.... Errr I mean Hoke
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone clear this up   Can someone clear this up Empty

Back to top Go down

Can someone clear this up
Page 1 of 1