Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playoff scenario..

Go down 
+2
joe
WillieMfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Playoff scenario.. Empty
PostSubject: Playoff scenario..   Playoff scenario.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:04 pm

So the 4 team playoff may not be the answer. If there were a 4 team playoff and Georgia loses to Alabama, Florida, who lost to Georgia in the regular season would be in the playoff. So once again it appears conference championships and playing an extra game can really hurt you. Just ask MSU.

Do you think conferences may eliminate conference championships as a result in the future? I don't think teams will like giving up the chance to play in NC because of their conference championship. Throw in the fact that you may be facing a team you already played that year (See Alabama and LSU last year) and it becomes harder to get to the NC then ever before.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Playoff scenario.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff scenario..   Playoff scenario.. EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 pm

Playoffs suck.

GO back to the original way and let us argue about that.

It's as good as any other way.

Playoff scenario.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff scenario..   Playoff scenario.. EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:19 pm

Here's the way I look at it: No system is ever going to be perfect. In a 4-game playoff, the 5th place team will be screaming, in a 8-game playoff the 9th place team will be screaming, etc. However, in your example I would have much less sympathy for a 2-loss Georgia team than I would for the 0/1 loss teams that have been shafted in years past. You'd also conceivably have a 1-loss KState team being left out this year and again it's a little tougher to feel sorry for them looking at their non-conference schedule and the fact that they got crushed by a mediocre Baylor team.

The 4 team play-off system has warts, but fewer warts than the current BCS system, IMO.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Playoff scenario.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff scenario..   Playoff scenario.. EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm with joe. Go back to conference tie-ins and let them fight
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Playoff scenario.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff scenario..   Playoff scenario.. EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 4:27 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Playoffs suck.

GO back to the original way and let us argue about that.

It's as good as any other way.

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I'm with joe. Go back to conference tie-ins and let them fight

I don't know if it's just me but both of the above comments scream, "Hey you damn kids, get off of my lawn!"

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

Playoff scenario.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff scenario..   Playoff scenario.. EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Supposely there will be a committee llike BB has to select their tourn. Of course the $64,000 dollar question what is the criteria? Keep hearing strength of schedule will be very important. Are all SEC teams going to actually start playing tough non-conf. games, especially on the road? Maybe you have 6 teams that are very good, 4 teams that draw better TV ratings get in?

Are semi-finals at higher seed teams stadium or neutral site? I'm guessing neutral site, but how much fun would it be to have a southern team in AA in late dec.?

Theres no perfect anwser, just hope they get it close to right as possible.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Playoff scenario.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff scenario..   Playoff scenario.. EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:36 pm

I'd like to see 'bama at The Big House in late December. Pretty sure that the Student section would welcome Nick Satan back in terrific fashion.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playoff scenario.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff scenario..   Playoff scenario.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Playoff scenario..
Page 1 of 1