Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Playoff Scenario Clear as?????

Go down 
+5
wshoes
dwoody
MGOBLUEBC
sandyeggo_blue
joe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Playoff Scenario Clear as????? Empty
PostSubject: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:25 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-yard-dash-051702407-ncaaf.html

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 7:46 pm

again, I don't see the SEC getting two teams in. Even if Miss St and Ole Miss go into their final game undefeated and ranked #1 and #2 one of them will lose and not even make their conference championship.

Florida St and ND is the matchup this weekend that should really help shape things up moving forward.

So between those two games there can only be at most three undefeated teams so there will be at least one team in with a loss and if there are three undefeated teams then the team to get in with one loss will HAVE to be a conference champ.

My updated prediction

#1 seed = Miss St: They look like they could win the SEC and go undefeated
#2 seed = ND: I'm gonna catch shit for this but if they win on the road this weekend at FSU then I think they will win out with wins at ASU and USC and that should give them the second seed.
#3 seed = Baylor: I think Baylor can win at Okla and if they do they should beat Ok St and K St as well
#4 seed = Mich St: I gotta see how Stanford plays ASU this weekend but I think they've got the stuff to beat Oregon. If that happens then Oregon will have two losses and MSU will win out and they will get in the playoffs.

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 10:25 pm

So if Stanford beats Oregon, then how do you justify MSU getting the 4th seed when they lost to OREGON who lost 2 games? I doubt they would leapfrog another 1 loss team like say Georgia, Auburn or an Alabama if any of those teams end up with only 1 loss against another SEC team.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 10:30 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
So if Stanford beats Oregon, then how do you justify MSU getting the 4th seed when they lost to OREGON who lost 2 games? I doubt they would leapfrog another 1 loss team like say Georgia, Auburn or an Alabama if any of those teams end up with only 1 loss against another SEC team.

MSU would because not only is the committee going to look at a team's wins and losses record but I think the committee is also going to put an emphasis on being  a conference champ, even though they won't say that's the case, but I think over time you'll see that being the trend they follow. MSU would be a conference champ with one loss and Oregon could end up a conference champ with two losses. Hence MSU getting in over Oregon.

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 11:16 pm

OK, I can see your point and you may be right but, I'm not convinced that say Ole Miss which in your scenario, with only the 1 loss to Miss St. (zero losses) wouldn't be viewed by the committee as being more deserving of the 4th seed when Sparty with it's 1 loss is to a 2 loss Oregon team. Um, can you see how the SEC would react to that one? I would guess that would set off some fireworks by the SEC and Ole Miss.!!! I would think the SOS would also play a part in the committee's decision at that point. Not sure Sparty has a stronger SOS, either.

Anyway,  it would be interesting to see how the committee solves that one.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 11:26 pm

The easy solution is for moo to lose again.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 11:43 pm

dwoody wrote:
The easy solution is for moo to lose again.

Yep, but I'm not seeing that happen. Michigan, OSU & Rutgers at home. Maryland & PSU away. WTF??? Did Dantonio make out their schedule? lol
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 6:14 am

There's always hope!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 8:18 am

I think the Big 10 is unlikely to get a team in the play-offs, there will be too many 1 loss teams with better resumes.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 9:28 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
again, I don't see the SEC getting two teams in. Even if Miss St and Ole Miss go into their final game  undefeated and ranked #1 and #2 one of them will lose and not even make their conference championship.

Florida St and ND is the matchup this weekend that should really help shape things up moving forward.

So between those two games there can only be at most three undefeated teams so there will be at least one team in with a loss and if there are three undefeated teams then the team to get in with one loss will HAVE to be a conference champ.

My updated prediction

#1 seed = Miss St: They look like they could win the SEC and go undefeated
#2 seed = ND: I'm gonna catch shit for this but if they win on the road this weekend at FSU then I think they will win out with wins at ASU and USC and that should give them the second seed.
#3 seed = Baylor: I think Baylor can win at Okla and if they do they should beat Ok St and K St as well
#4 seed = Mich St: I gotta see how Stanford plays ASU this weekend but I think they've got the stuff to beat Oregon. If that happens then Oregon will have two losses and MSU will win out and they will get in the playoffs.

So let me get this straight you think MSU could beat , Bama , Aub, Ore, in a head to head match, did you watch them the last 2 games. I think a 1 loss team from all those division will beat MSU.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 9:31 am

So far I have FSU or ND depending on this weekend, both have cake walks after that. Baylor out of the Big 12 an SEC winner. Then Auburn Ore, or Bama but we'll see.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 9:51 am

From what I've seen there is no team that has a cakewalk.

UNC and Purdue both gave ND all they could handle and both those were at ND. They still have to travel to USC and ASU.

Maybe, MAYBE, FSU has the easiest road but nothing is a given.

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 10:48 am

My two cents:

If there are two SECs teams with one loss or fewer they are in the playoff 100%. And should be.

FSU rolls Notre Dame this weekend. I've watched some of Notre Dame's wins this year, and the refs have been VERY generous to them at home. They're not one of the ten best teams in the country.

MSU will have two or three losses by the end of the season. Most overrated team in the country.

The only team with any shot at finishing the season undefeated (other than Marshall) is FSU, and their QB should be ineligible (but that's irrelevant).
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:54 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
So let me get this straight you think MSU could beat , Bama , Aub, Ore, in a head to head match, did you watch them the last 2 games. I think a 1 loss team from all those division will beat  MSU.

I honestly think MSU could beat Bama on a neutral field if they played tomorrow. Bama has a real problem at QB right now.

I think on a neutral field MSU would lose to Aub and Ore but if neither of those finish as conference champs then I believe that the committee will keep them out of the playoffs. For the record I think MSU would beat Oregon if they played at home right now.

BTW I'm not saying that I think the four best teams will get in, I'm saying that I believe the committee will be pressured to take into consideration conference champions which could leave out a very good one loss team.

I also want to add that I think that if FSU loses a very close game to ND this weekend, AND FSU doesn't have QB Jameis Winston playing, AND ND goes undefeated and gets in the playoffs, then I think FSU might get in also with one loss. The problem is that a one loss FSU team will have played a very weak schedule and they will only have beat ONEranked team (Clemson) but they will be the reigning national champs and they will have the reigning heisman winner. I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't count out a one loss FSU team either, as much as I believe they are not one of the top four teams in the nation.

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Sandy I see your point but, I thought the whole thing was to get the 4 best teams. Therefore I must say Michigan State is not one in my opinion, I've watched quite a bit of football the teams in the SEC are fast quick and have 3-5 good player I mean NFL caliber players. Oregon could still crush MSU they are defensively not close to last years group. The SEC and Big 12 are so fast , Ariz could com out of there too. They are playing really well and I think SC and Stanford might be their toughest challenge.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 1:14 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Sandy I see your point but, I thought the whole thing was to get the 4 best teams. Therefore I must say Michigan State is not one in my opinion, I've watched quite a bit of football the teams in the SEC are fast quick and have 3-5 good player I mean NFL caliber players. Oregon could still crush MSU they are defensively not close to last years group. The SEC and Big 12 are so fast , Ariz could com out of there too. They are playing really well and I think SC and Stanford might be their toughest challenge.

artist, I think you and I are on the same page. The committee is meant to pick the four best teams. We agree on that. I'm saying that i think they will revert back to their old ways and that wont' necessarily happen. I think they will let other factors, such as not being a conference champ, sway their decision. I agree that the SEC may have two or three of the top four teams but...

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 2:05 pm

I think UM destroys MSU's season next week.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 2:29 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I think UM destroys MSU's  season next week.

nothing would make me happier

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:09 pm

Well Baylor is out. There goes my final 4 ha ha.

Side note, I think the Big12 can still get a team in. Since they don't have a championship game, I originally thought that the Big12 would need to have an undefeated team to have a shot at getting in the playoffs. But now that I look at it there are two other teams in the Big12 with one loss and no conference loss and I think either of them could could get in if they win out. Those teams are KSU and Ok St. They each have a close out of conference loss to a solid team (Auburn and Flor St.). They play each other in two weeks so if the winner of that game wins out they should be a top 5 team at the end of the year and have that conference championship on their resume.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:21 pm

and just like that TCU is putting it to OK St. ha ha

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 2:31 pm

Any Big 12 team with one loss will have a good shot at getting into the playoff. There won't be that many one loss teams from the Big Five conferences. In a typical year, after conference championship game week, you have about 4 to 6 teams from the major conferences that have one loss or fewer.

Last edited by jjabilene on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 5:08 pm

And last night may not have been an elimination game after all.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Just watched most of ESPN championship drive: Who's in? show.

There final 4 as of today: Mississippi, FSU, Auburn & Miss. St. Now we know ESPN & SEC are in bed together. I hope they don't have any influence on final 4, but nothing surprises me. Almost go out on a limb & predict 2 SEC teams in final 4.

Bama & Oregon where their 5th & 6th pick.

Sparty got some love. But SOS is 86th, so unless a lot of upsets I don't see them making it. We hope Michigan stuns sparty this sat., if not they have to beat OSU, win B1G title, finish 12-1. Even then SOS I think still to weak.

Conf. champs only? Far as I know that's NOT required. So does a 12-1 MSU or OSU have better resume than a 1 loss SEC West team? I'm guessing no.

BIG-12: Again does a 1 loss team make it? NO conf. title game. On ESPN show, discussed Kansas St., since they played a power-5 team Auburn, if make their FGs, win. KSU got some love if they go 11-1. Not so much love for TCU or Baylor, basically a lot would have to happen to qualify.

PAC-12: Love for Oregon & Arizona St. Ideally a 11-1 ASU vs 11-1 Oregon play in PAC-12 title game. Ducks I'm sure are hoping sparty goes 12-1 or no worse than 11-2/10-2.

the actual committee has as much trouble as the 5 people did on ESPN tonight, I'm sure there will a big controversy.

Of course still a LONG season to go, so anything still possible.

GO BLUE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 7:11 am

I don't care who gets in as long as MSU and OSU are left out.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 8:06 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I don't care who gets in as long as MSU and OSU are left out.

Same here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:27 am

Ditto

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playoff Scenario Clear as?????   Playoff Scenario Clear as????? Empty

Back to top Go down

Playoff Scenario Clear as?????
Page 1 of 1