Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One man's opinion...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

One man's opinion... Empty
PostSubject: One man's opinion...   One man's opinion... EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:58 pm

...on a sort of "strange" topic. Here within our own B10.

Whilst OSU did complete a perfect 12-0 season, though not facing anyone of note (no Top-10-at-the-time-played foes), it was common knowledge before a play was run they were going nowhere after the regular season. And has what follows hit any of you in the face as it has me?--The most apparent aspect of this
Buckeye team is how little anyone (from this microcosmic forum to the macrocosm of ESPN, CNNSI, the works) has discussed them---even to the point of merely mentioning their name---since the regular season ended? And my mind at least can't apply the usual "not a bowl team" explanation for that during bowl season; this isn't your ordinary missed-out-on-a-bowl-invitation also-ran: we're talking a 12-0 3rd-ranked team, with a deified (by the media anyhow) coach, an All-B10 QB, etc., etc.

Get my drift? Agree (to some extent) that it's mystifying? Well, to my second point: for all the harangue about "We are---Penn State!" and will continue to pull in recruits, have O'Brien's fine coaching, yoda yoda,
can the Nittany Lions really hope to be anything but a modest program by 2014 (at the latest), given how many young recruits will see the OSU 2012 program my way (above), realize PSU's in that boat three more full seasons, and think twice (and very long and hard) about signing with the Blue and White?

Just saying, opining, and (in my custom) shovellin' the shit...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: One man's opinion...   One man's opinion... EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:12 pm

OSU will continue to win. Urban Meyer can recruit and coach. I don't like him and I think he is dirty, he can still recruit and coach.

PSU, I think will head down a sad path. O'Brien will garner some NFL interest in the coming days/weeks, and I read a rumor today that he has a lawyer looking into getting out of his contract without the 9 mil buy out. Supposedly he was assured that the Sandusky thing would be a legal problem and not an NCAA problem. Oops, that didn't happen, and he is supposedly using that as a way to say that PSU was in breach of contract.

Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: One man's opinion...   One man's opinion... EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:14 pm

Seriously, I don't think anyone outside of O$U fans give a damn about Ohio. Unless, of course, the B1G or networks can make money from touting them. No bowl = no money, so no press.

Agree about PSU, and I think it's a damn shame. None of the current players or staff had anything to do with those admittedly heinous acts, yet they are paying the price.

PostSubject: Re: One man's opinion...   One man's opinion... EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:32 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
O'Brien will garner some NFL interest in the coming days/weeks, and I read a rumor today that he has a lawyer looking into getting out of his contract without the 9 mil buy out. Supposedly he was assured that the Sandusky thing would be a legal problem and not an NCAA problem. Oops, that didn't happen, and he is supposedly using that as a way to say that PSU was in breach of contract.

Wow. First I've heard of that one, though I certainly don't doubt it. It's particularly credible (O'Brien's leaning back to the pros) given the fact that he just came from an NFL environment. Now how his lawyers construe the facts of legal-vs.-NCAA issues, to the effect of pursuing the B.O.C. avenue out of his PSU contract remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: One man's opinion...   One man's opinion... EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 2:34 pm

Wolverdog wrote:
...about PSU...I think it's a damn shame. None of the current players or staff had anything to do with those admittedly heinous acts, yet they are paying the price.

I find it impossible to dispute that viewpoint, dogster...
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: One man's opinion...   One man's opinion... EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 4:03 pm

I think everyone in the B1G better take notice of OSU. They went undefeated. They played for their pride and they won it. Next year's mantra will be much of the same: "They said we couldn't do it and we did. Now we will do it for real."

UM and the rest of the B1G better be ready, because something tells me OSU will come out with a vengeance.

As far as PSU...I don't want to get into it. To many different emotions. I feel sorry for the players and the school, but being a father of 3....well I'll leave it at that.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: One man's opinion...   One man's opinion... EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 5:42 pm

If what Admin said about th ohio chick that he "met" is true, ohio is in for anoither rude awakening. Going undefeated 2 years in a row is impossible.

I hear you about being reserved about cheering for PSU but I still like the guys a little. I think, at worst, they'll sink to the depths of sparty but they'll continue to be better than everyone thinks. They will have relatively consistent 3rd or 4th place finishes in the Leaders division.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One man's opinion...   One man's opinion... Empty

Back to top Go down

One man's opinion...
Page 1 of 1