Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season Empty
PostSubject: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:06 pm

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20130815/SPORTS0201/308150050/1131/sports0201/Michigan-s-Amara-Darboh-Jehu-Chesson-provide-one-two-punch-receiver

I guess I didn't realize (or simply forgot) that we got Darboh into games last year.

Chesson, however, redshirted.

We're going to need these two youngsters to really step up this season. It can't be just Gallon and Dilleo...or we're screwed.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 3:12 pm

I'm looking for big things from Darboh this year (of course I also was looking for them last year but they never came)...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptyThu Aug 15, 2013 10:08 pm

Chesson will have a big year. I guarantee it.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:36 am

2nd, indeed we need solid, if not big, years from both youngsters...but like Fish, I'm confident they both WILL figure into, and contribute to, our offense considerably more this year.  They will have a legitimate quarterback throwing to them this year, unlike most of last (Yes, I loved DR to death, but at least insofar as passing is concerned, let's be honest here).
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:58 pm

I don't think both need to have big years, and I don't think that is a realistic goal.

2013 WR stats:
Gallon- 49 catches 829 yards 4 TDs
Roundtree- 31 catches 580 yards 3 TDs
Dileo- 20 catches 331 yards 2 TDs
Funchess- 15 catches 234 yards 5 TDs

I expect Gallon and Funchess to be our leading pass-catchers next season. I think a reasonable expectation that I wold be happy with from Darboh+Chesson combined would be 50 catches, 800 yards, 5 TDs.

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:31 am

I'm not arguing 'hail but we have a QB that can throw this year. 2013 stats are pointless.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 3:16 am

I don't mean in terms of overall production, as I expect all overall production to be up, I mean in terms of distribution.

The 3rd and 4th (assuming they both play more than Dileo, which is no given) receiving options don't usually put up great numbers.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 3:22 am

Let's make up a number for DG.... say 2,800 yards passing on the season. That would put him 3rd all time in Michigan single season passing yards

I think expected numbers would be like this, based on a year of development and a better passer:
Gallon: 950
Funchess: 450
Dileo: 400

So that would leave 1,000 WR yards to be split by the rest of the team. You've gotta figure our RBs and depth WRs like Jackson will have a few hundred yards receiving. That doesn't leave much for both Chesson and Darboh.
Back to top Go down
rasputin

rasputin

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 am

Receivers are going to be a pleasant surprise this year.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 9:58 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
I don't think both need to have big years, and I don't think that is a realistic goal.

2013 WR stats:

I expect Gallon and Funchess to be our leading pass-catchers next season. I think a reasonable expectation that I wold be happy with from Darboh+Chesson combined would be 50 catches, 800 yards, 5 TDs.

Are these the stats you are predicting?  Look very similar to the 2012 stats.  I would be amazed if Roundtree puts up those kind of stats for UM in 2013.  I think the NCAA would have a problem with that.  LOL
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 1:07 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Let's make up a number for DG.... say 2,800 yards passing on the season. That would put him 3rd all time in Michigan single season passing yards

I think expected numbers would be like this, based on a year of development and a better passer:
Gallon: 950
Funchess: 450
Dileo: 400

So that would leave 1,000 WR yards to be split by the rest of the team. You've gotta figure our RBs and depth WRs like Jackson will have a few hundred yards receiving. That doesn't leave much for both Chesson and Darboh.
Personally, as a somewhat educated guess, I don't see DG passing for that much this year. Don't get me wrong, DG is capable of that but I'm not sure that he will be given the opportunity. Who knows? Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm also not saying that there is no way he throws for that much, just that I doubt they let him.

Next, I think Gallon. even as our #1 WR will only end up with maybe 700 yards total. Dileo less than 300, but Funchess a tick higher. I'm thinking Darboh might get around 550 and Chesson maybe 250. I pulled those numbers out of the air so who knows.

I like the way you went about forming your position though 'hail, I still don't agree with it. Oh well, hopefully Michigan wins 14 games this year and we are both wrong.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 3:48 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

2013 WR stats:

Are these the stats you are predicting?  Look very similar to the 2012 stats.  I would be amazed if Roundtree puts up those kind of stats for UM in 2013.  I think the NCAA would have a problem with that.  LOL
Lol it was a typo. I spend too much time on the basketball board where we refer to the upcoming season as 2014.

I meant 2012 stats.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 4:01 pm

[quote="2ndComingOfBo"]
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

Personally, as a somewhat educated guess, I don't see DG passing for that much this year.  Don't get me wrong, DG is capable of that but I'm not sure that he will be given the opportunity.  Who knows?  Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm also not saying that there is no way he throws for that much, just that I doubt they let him.

Next, I think Gallon. even as our #1 WR will only end up with maybe 700 yards total.  Dileo less than 300, but Funchess a tick higher.  I'm thinking Darboh might get around 550 and Chesson maybe 250.  I pulled those numbers out of the air so who knows.

I like the way you went about forming your position though 'hail, I still don't agree with it.  Oh well, hopefully Michigan wins 14 games this year and we are both wrong.
Yeah, that # for Gardner is a high expectation, consider it would put him above almost all other Michigan quarterbacks in terms of singe-season pass yards. I don't think it is un-realistic, though. He threw for 1,219 yard in 5 games last year.... for 244 yards per game. Over 13 games, that would project to 3,169 yards. To get to 2,800 over 13 games he would have to throw for 216 yards a game. His yards last year were:

Iowa 314
Northwestern 286
Minnesota 234
South Carolina 214
Ohio St. 171

The good thing is, we only have to play Ohio St. once and even then, their defense lost a lot of pieces. Anyways, I can't blame someone for not agreeing that Devin Gardner will have a top-3 Michigan QB type season.

On thing I'm curious about though is why you feel like Gallon will drop more than 150 yards from last season?
Gallon last year in his 5 games with Gardner at QB: 31 catches 511 yards 3 touchdowns
Gallon last year in his 8 games without Gardner at QB: 18 catches 318 yards 1 touchdown

Gardner to Gallon seems like a good connection.

I could see Dileo's numbers go down though, because there are so many people in line for the WR3/WR4 positions.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:42 pm

rasputin wrote:
Receivers are going to be a pleasant surprise this year.

I agree, and I, too expect they will be.

After all, no disputin' Rasputin...
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 5:11 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

Personally, as a somewhat educated guess, I don't see DG passing for that much this year.  Don't get me wrong, DG is capable of that but I'm not sure that he will be given the opportunity.  Who knows?  Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm also not saying that there is no way he throws for that much, just that I doubt they let him.

Next, I think Gallon. even as our #1 WR will only end up with maybe 700 yards total.  Dileo less than 300, but Funchess a tick higher.  I'm thinking Darboh might get around 550 and Chesson maybe 250.  I pulled those numbers out of the air so who knows.

I like the way you went about forming your position though 'hail, I still don't agree with it.  Oh well, hopefully Michigan wins 14 games this year and we are both wrong.
Yeah, that # for Gardner is a high expectation, consider it would put him above almost all other Michigan quarterbacks in terms of singe-season pass yards. I don't think it is un-realistic, though. He threw for 1,219 yard in 5 games last year.... for 244 yards per game. Over 13 games, that would project to 3,169 yards. To get to 2,800 over 13 games he would have to throw for 216 yards a game. His yards last year were:

Iowa 314
Northwestern 286
Minnesota 234
South Carolina 214
Ohio St. 171

The good thing is, we only have to play Ohio St. once and even then, their defense lost a lot of pieces. Anyways, I can't blame someone for not agreeing that Devin Gardner will have a top-3 Michigan QB type season.

On thing I'm curious about though is why you feel like Gallon will drop more than 150 yards from last season?
Gallon last year in his 5 games with Gardner at QB: 31 catches 511 yards 3 touchdowns
Gallon last year in his 8 games without Gardner at QB: 18 catches 318 yards 1 touchdown

Gardner to Gallon seems like a good connection.

I could see Dileo's numbers go down though, because there are so many people in line for the WR3/WR4 positions.
king 
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 9:33 am

Chesson's block on the first Gallon TD was awesome.  Took out 3 defenders with one hit.  Loved it.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:25 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Chesson's block on the first Gallon TD was awesome.  Took out 3 defenders with one hit.  Loved it.
Yep and they actually mentioned it on sportscenter this morning. It was a hell of a block.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season   A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season Empty

Back to top Go down

A good read on Chesson and Darboh this season
Page 1 of 1