Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My1 concern for Michigan Football

Go down 
+2
sandyeggo_blue
the artist formally known
6 posters
AuthorMessage

My1 concern for Michigan Football Empty
PostSubject: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:45 am

I believe the defense will be okay, Mattson:D  has my belief, It will get used to smash mouth again , and the fact that Michigan is not likely to score anytime on 1 big play, but My concern is Wide out, nobody is truly proven they are the man, I worry we will be MSU and have no one that can get open and catch the ball.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 11:57 am

a valid concern but Devin Gardner is going to surprise some people with his ability to extend plays and allow the young receivers to get open, at least that's my opinion.

Also, I think you're going to see our one true passing threat come from the TE position. Funchess has some time and experience under his belt. he's already a complete nightmare for defenses in the red zone so he's going to factor in a lot and I think he'll have the most productive year, even more so than Dileo and Gallon.

Also I think that Funchess will get a lot of slant and slot type balls thrown to him and all I gotta say to the nickel or DB covering him is, good luck bringing him down. Hold on tight and wait for help to arrive. I think Funchess' biggest contribution will be yards after catch.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:01 pm

That will never happen this year. Sure, we don't have the stud WR this year but we do have two very capable possession WR's in Gallon and Dileo. Jehu may surprise us and Reynolds could turn out to be an asset as well. Don't forget about the STD Funchess of the Butt either...

In summation, we don't have a legitimate deep threat as of now but we are allegedly going back to smash-mouth football. Sure I'd like it if we had that guy but we don't need him yet. He's coming though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Gee I think Gallon is one of the best retuning wideouts in conference and should be All BT this year.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Gallon is very capable, that is what I stated. However, Gallon isn't you prototypical #1 WR. At 5'8" and 184lbs. he's hardly intimidating. He does have hands and quickness though, he's reliable. At this point I doubt he'll draw much in the way of double-coverage though so everyone will have to step-up. I'm confident they can...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:26 pm

Wide Receiver.

We might be absolutely awful at that position this year.

Or, we might be awesome.

No clue how it will turn out.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:29 pm

Admin wrote:
Wide Receiver.

We might be absolutely awful at that position this year.

Or, we might be awesome.

No clue how it will turn out.
Won't be awful, not with Gallon, but maybe just good. But I agree with sandy, with Gardener's ability to extend plays, they will get open. The TD pass to Dileo in the Minn game is a grea example, Gardner can move, but he moves with the purpose of trying to throw, he doesn't look to take off right away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 12:49 pm

Only issue if you don't have a legitimate passing threat, then they will stack the run, that is why I'm concerned.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:17 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Only issue if you don't have a legitimate passing threat, then they will stack the run, that is why I'm concerned.
bingo. let's see how the OL handles 8 in the box.

my guess is that gardner checks the D, audibles the play and a slot WR or TE gets behind the D on a slant and is gone for an easy six. Ha ha, I don't even know if they'll give DG that much freedom just yet but it's always nice to dream.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:31 pm

Were you paying attention the last three years?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 2:37 pm

I was but DR was like trying to catch a pig in coral , a chicken in the pen. he was magical.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 3:22 pm

I was but DR was like trying to catch a pig in coral , a chicken in the pen. he was magical.
+1

Exactly!

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 4:01 pm

I won't give you the lame bouncy-ball phrase (that's not my style) but I agree with you post whole-heartedly. No one could catch him, but he also was not a passer. sparty put 8 in the box against him and he still couldn't exploit that with the WR's. Gardner will.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My1 concern for Michigan Football   My1 concern for Michigan Football Empty

Back to top Go down

My1 concern for Michigan Football
Page 1 of 1