Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michigan football and mobile QBs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Michigan football and mobile QBs Empty
PostSubject: Michigan football and mobile QBs   Michigan football and mobile QBs EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:05 am

We saw last night how the QBs ability to run can open things up for the running backs.Early in the season Shea was running the option but he almost never kept the ball and teams were not respecting his threat. Last night they had to and it really opened things up a bit for Higdon.

Some Michigan traditionalists decried running QBs and longed for the days of Wangler Sr., Grbac , Navarre, Henne, but the more successful modern college offenses (by a majority), feature QBs who are a threat to run. ( By the way Bo always favored mobile QBs as well, although he adapted when he didn't have one). It dooesn't have to be either Denard Robinson or Henne- there is a middle ground. Harbaugh has always shown an affinity for that. If you go back and look at the college Andrew Luck he did some designed runs. Speight was never the Harbaugh model.

The downside is that you expose your QB to injury and this is why you need a back-up you can trust. D-Mac is quickly becoming a guy that we feel can still give us a good chance to win if pressed into service.

Urban Meyer has always relied on a mobile QB who is a true threat to run to energize his overall running attack at Utah, Florida and OSU (don't think I ever saw his Bowling Green teams). It is interesting that this year the vaunted Buckeye running attack is struggling (by their lofty standards), at the same time that their QB is going to smash all of their passing records. (he now has 2 of the 3 all time OSU 400 yd passing games, in his last 2 games). It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Michigan football and mobile QBs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michigan football and mobile QBs   Michigan football and mobile QBs EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 3:48 am

wshoes wrote:
...(he now has 2 of the 3 all time OSU 400 yd passing games, in his last 2 games).

It was a painful thing to do but I drafted Haskins as my college fantasy football QB.  He is raking the points in for me.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down

Michigan football and mobile QBs
Page 1 of 1