Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UCONN Fallout

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
GOBLUEJOE66
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

UCONN Fallout Empty
PostSubject: UCONN Fallout   UCONN Fallout EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:16 pm

http://www.maizenbluenation.com/2013/09/whats-being-said-uconn-fallout.html

There is one part that rang a bell......

“We’ve got to prove that we can move people off the line of scrimmage.” That was Hoke in the pregame field interview on ABC. Then on consecutive third and short calls early in the game U-M didn’t even consider handing it to a back and plowing over 77—Gardner kept the ball and wiggled around the end. Same on the first drive of the second half that yielded the butt fumble. Then once more on 4th and short early in the 4th when Gardner was cut down and fumbled again.

In each case they didn’t even try to do the Michigan #Manball thing, namely, the old everyone-knows-it-is-coming-but-you-can’t-do-a-damn-thing-about-it running back smash. If you were unsure before Saturday night, understand right now that the coaches know they have a crisis up front.

How about second half, Nov 24th, 2012 in Ohio Stadium?????

Go Blue!! Smile

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

UCONN Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: UCONN Fallout   UCONN Fallout EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Honestly, I don't care how they get first down and scores, just get them.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

UCONN Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: UCONN Fallout   UCONN Fallout EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:12 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

I agree but we've been led to believe the last two years that the "everyone-knows-it-is-coming-but-you-can’t-do-a-damn-thing-about-it running back smash" was how we were going to recruit and play. I'm not saying we won't get there, I think we're just well behind where I thought we'd be to getting back to that.

I think that concerns the a lot of the fan base but I don't think it's anything that should cause a rift within the fan base. We all have our own opinions so I could probably get on both sides of the debate. ( yes 2nd, I'm bi Very Happy  )

ThatGuy

UCONN Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: UCONN Fallout   UCONN Fallout EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:56 am

Eeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww....

The stud recruits that came in when Hoke got here are young. The first year they RS, this is their second year. Practice only teaches you so much, they are receiving valuable education by fire on the field now. There is no arguing that they've struggled, they know this. It's pretty safe to say that they're not happy. Things will improve, trust me...

Remember building a foundation takes time. The concrete doesn't completely harden over-night...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

UCONN Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: UCONN Fallout   UCONN Fallout EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 7:09 am

Speaking of a "butt fumble", whatever that is, where was No.88 (and enough damned jokes about his last name already) Saturday?  I not only failed to hear his name, I didn't see his number, or at least not in any significant involvement, all night...

And he played a very, very encouraging game against ND.  Then again, our whole team did, by comparison to the last two outings.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

UCONN Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: UCONN Fallout   UCONN Fallout EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 8:27 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
I agree but we've been led to believe the last two years that the "everyone-knows-it-is-coming-but-you-can’t-do-a-damn-thing-about-it running back smash" was how we were going to recruit and play. I'm not saying we won't get there, I think we're just well behind where I thought we'd be to getting back to that.

I think that concerns the a lot of the fan base but I don't think it's anything that should cause a rift within the fan base. We all have our own opinions so I could probably get on both sides of the debate. ( yes 2nd, I'm bi Very Happy  )
I'm with fish here. We aren't going back to that here we come you can't stop us football unless we go back to unlimited scholarships or start doing the Alabama style pruning of guys who don't pan out. The latter is the equivalent of probably 95-100 scholarships or so.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UCONN Fallout Empty
PostSubject: Re: UCONN Fallout   UCONN Fallout Empty

Back to top Go down

UCONN Fallout
Page 1 of 1