Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Courtney Avery's impact.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Courtney Avery's impact.  Empty
PostSubject: Courtney Avery's impact.    Courtney Avery's impact.  EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 11:51 pm

Courtney Avery is not an elite option, but having a team captain on the field is important. Nick B agrees.

Link: http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/09/5_michigan_keys_a_vertical_pas.html

Courtney Avery's presence

I don't believe it was irony that Michigan's most business-like defensive performance in a while came on the road at UConn during the same week Courtney Avery returned from an injury.

Avery, voted a team captain by his peers, has played a ton during his career at Michigan. He's had his ups and he's had his downs. He's pretty much seen it all, and he seems to be a very level-headed presence in the back end for Michigan.

Avery will continue to play as a bit of a rover. He says he's still working out at free safety, but he started the Connecticut game at corner in place of Raymon Taylor.

He'll absolutely be on the field in some capacity during nickel package situations, and his presence should do nothing but help younger defensive backs like Dymonte Thomas, Channing Stribling and Jourdan Lewis.

Avery's not Jordan Kovacs. No one back there is. But between he and Thomas Gordon, Michigan's leadership in the secondary looks to be healthy.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Courtney Avery's impact.    Courtney Avery's impact.  EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:24 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Courtney Avery is not an elite option, but having a team captain on the field is important. Nick B agrees.

Link: http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/09/5_michigan_keys_a_vertical_pas.html

Courtney Avery's presence

I don't believe it was irony that Michigan's most business-like defensive performance in a while came on the road at UConn during the same week Courtney Avery returned from an injury.

Avery, voted a team captain by his peers, has played a ton during his career at Michigan. He's had his ups and he's had his downs. He's pretty much seen it all, and he seems to be a very level-headed presence in the back end for Michigan.

Avery will continue to play as a bit of a rover. He says he's still working out at free safety, but he started the Connecticut game at corner in place of Raymon Taylor.

He'll absolutely be on the field in some capacity during nickel package situations, and his presence should do nothing but help younger defensive backs like Dymonte Thomas, Channing Stribling and Jourdan Lewis.

Avery's not Jordan Kovacs. No one back there is. But between he and Thomas Gordon, Michigan's leadership in the secondary looks to be healthy.
I gotta give myself at least a little bump. I said before that I think the UM D is missing a figure head. I gotta a fever for more figure head and Jake Ryan is the only prescription.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Courtney Avery's impact.    Courtney Avery's impact.  EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 12:52 am

Can't. Wait. For. Ryan.

Seriously, how much must this be killing him? His final year as a Wolverine and he is watching from the sidelines as Michigan almost loses to Akron and UConn? He is going to straight beast when he gets back on the field.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Courtney Avery's impact.    Courtney Avery's impact.  EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 2:17 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I gotta a fever for more figure head and Jake Ryan is the only prescription.
Really? Are you sure?

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/628756/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Courtney Avery's impact.    Courtney Avery's impact.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Courtney Avery's impact.
Page 1 of 1