Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy Friday Guys!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Happy Friday Guys! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Friday Guys!   Happy Friday Guys! EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 9:35 am

Good day to do paperwork and watch football. We've got 4 High School finals on today and I'm not even sure what college games are on today.

I'm not feelin' it for tomorrow but I'll never give up hope. It's not time for predictions yet, or is it? Maybe I'll start a thread.

My feelings on this offense would be to simplify it. Go to 7-10 different formations and run a bunch of plays out of those. I think the defenses have seen that little fake pass/hand off thing we've started doing. They aren't going to bite on the fake. Ditch the read-option play. It seems like we lose yardage every time that's run. I'm not a fan of "spreading it out" or going 5 wide or going up-tempo. It's been noted that we need to get the play in sooner so DG can look at the defense. (If he really actually does. I'm not certain I've actually seen a audible called this year.)

I'm so torn. I don't know that this offense is capable of trying anything new but I don't want to see them do the same things. Maybe just do the successful plays more often? lol. Is it that easy?

I hope y'all have a good day.

LET'S GO BLUE!!!!!

booboo

booboo

Happy Friday Guys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday Guys!   Happy Friday Guys! EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:03 pm

Good morning to you Joe and all Michigan fans. Laying on the living room floor with dog next to me. Still suffering from a food coma, have no interest in breakfast.

I'll be in the Big House tomorrow, cheering like hell for the upset. Don't feel it either, but that's why you play the game. You hope pride, emotion, for at least 1 game can carry them. And maybe 2 or 3 TO's from osu wouldn't hurt either.

What I would love to see is an on-side kick to start game. Why not, if you recover it great field position. 1st play long bomb to Gallon. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. ALL the experts expect M to be blown out, come out with all guns blazing, try something different.

What our HS team did all yr., rarely huddled went right to line, O cord. from press box calls play. Depending how def. is lined up, maybe changes play or head coach, with head phones on, sees something from field level, switches play. Even QB, if he sees something will signal to coach saying I think this will work. Once ref signals ready to play, you  have 25 secs to snap ball. At times still took 20 secs to snap ball, other time snapped ball within 10 secs., but the point is the def. has to be ready to go. Finished 9-2, conf. champs. Yea I understand comparing HS FB to college is different, but its still FB, put pressure on defense.

GO BLUE!!!
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Happy Friday Guys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday Guys!   Happy Friday Guys! EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:06 pm

What I would love to see is an on-side kick to start game. Why not, if you recover it great field position.

I was thinking of a different direction- how about quick kicking on third down, or maybe first down, before we've had a chance to lose yardage?

Just kidding- I think.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy Friday Guys! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Friday Guys!   Happy Friday Guys! Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy Friday Guys!
Page 1 of 1