Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: the 2014 buckeyes

Go down 
+2
hailtoyourvictor
sandyeggo_blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OT: the 2014 buckeyes Empty
PostSubject: OT: the 2014 buckeyes   OT: the 2014 buckeyes EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:49 am

Just read that Miller is coming back. Shazier is leaving.

Braxton coming back obviously sucks for UM but to put it into perspective this is a list of key guys they are losing:

QB: Guiton - They have Miller coming back but have ZERO experience after him. Kind of like UM's situation this year. They have some highly touted young QBs though. Side note; Braxton has had 3 years with solid O line play and solid RBs backing him. We're going to see just how good he is next year because he is not going to have anywhere near the supporting cast he's had while at O$U.

RB: Hyde, Hall - This is like 99% of their ground production (minus Miller and Guiton) and they have nearly ZERO experience at RB after these two. They do have two very highly touted young RBs in waiting.

TE/WR: Philly Brown - They have a SOLID TE core coming back. They have like 20 TE/WRs in waiting. They should be okay here IF.....

Oline: Mewhort, Norwell, Hall, Linsley - They lose 4 starters on the O line. I think we saw just how bad that can be for a team. If they don't give Braxton the protection he's used to then it could be a long year for him.

Dline: This is going to be the bread and butter of their team next year. All starters are back and they are all studs. This line is going to be SCARY good. Yes they are young but they are VERY talented. Disruption from these guys is going to be key because their secondary is taking a big hit next year.

LB: Shazier - They might say "so what it's one guy". That would be like saying the same thing about Trey Burke

S: Brown and Barnett - Two starters gone so they have to start over again here.

CB: Roby - The question is will Grant leave for the NFL as well.

Everyone knows the term "reload". I am looking at their roster and I just don't see it. They will take a step back in talent but they do benefit from another cake schedule. No Wiscy or Neb. They do have to play at MSU but that's it. Their OOC games are a joke again.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: the 2014 buckeyes   OT: the 2014 buckeyes EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 3:24 am

I remember their RB depth being really loaded in the past. Is that the case still? I know you said they are inexperienced, but are they inexperienced but mega-talents?

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: the 2014 buckeyes   OT: the 2014 buckeyes EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 9:23 am

I have forgotten the name of their O-line coach but my OSU buddy really likes him (he did not like the guy who was there during the TP era when their O-line grossly underperformed according to him.

Be interesting to see how they do. My guess is that he won't throw up his hands and say they're just too young.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: the 2014 buckeyes   OT: the 2014 buckeyes EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:17 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
I remember their RB depth being really loaded in the past. Is that the case still? I know you said they are inexperienced, but are they inexperienced but mega-talents?

They have lots of high school hyped talent waiting in the wings. Brionte Dunn, Ezekiel Elliot and Dontre Wilson are three studs they signed out of high school that are just waiting.

We almost signed Dunn. That was a recruiting battle we barely lost.

PostSubject: Re: OT: the 2014 buckeyes   OT: the 2014 buckeyes EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 1:59 pm

Maybe O$U should schedule less meatball teams. They sure were not ready to play a real team.

Just think, they're a failed 2 point conversion away from losing 3 in a row.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: the 2014 buckeyes   OT: the 2014 buckeyes EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:40 am

Brionte Dunn should win the RB battle.

And he's a freaking load.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: the 2014 buckeyes   OT: the 2014 buckeyes EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 9:42 am

They will be a top 5 team.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: the 2014 buckeyes   OT: the 2014 buckeyes EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 11:41 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
They will be a top 5 team.

undeservedly

Like I mentioned before, they don't have "reload" type talent. Close but not quite. They are losing a LOT. they should come in around 10 - 12 IMO.

PostSubject: Re: OT: the 2014 buckeyes   OT: the 2014 buckeyes Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: the 2014 buckeyes
Page 1 of 1