Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2016 recruiting

Go down 
+12
MgoBlue
hailtoyourvictor
MGOBLUEBC
fishgoblue22
squeezebox
wshoes
GOBLUEJOE66
BetterThansparty
EJinGA
dwoody
joe
sandyeggo_blue
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

2016 recruiting - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Jean Delance has been on the radar for a while. I still think it's Valentine or Davis for the last OL spot. Delance will probably end up at TAMU but it's nice to be included in his top 5.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:40 pm

Sir Patrick Scott committed today. Didn't you say he was an only if we don't get a stud 'eggo?

http://www.scout.com/college/michigan/topic/players?type=players&category=Football%20Recruiting&classYear=2016&team=Michigan&minimumInterest=SoftVerbal&sortBy=CommitDate

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:29 pm

apparently one of two things are happening. 

1. St Juste is going to be a 2017 recruit (he has to take a test for college first and might not get word back in time to be in the 2016 class)

2. Hill is a take no matter what. Meaning, UM allows Scott commit and if Hill wants to commit down the road UM lets him.

it's the exact thing with Delance. If Davis or Valentin commit the O line is done but if Delance wants to commit down the road, they let him. 

I have read all week that SPS was a possible commit this weekend. I wasn't surprised by it.

Mitchell will be announcing soon at a ceremony in his home town. I would be SHOCKED if he choose a school other than UM.

Apparently UM is rapidly making ground for Corley. He appears to be a real possibility. it appears that Corely is also another take no matter what the class numbers are.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:38 pm

Sandy. What are our exact numbers now and are we under/at/over "the number"? I am totally confused now. Thanks Eggo.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

well to my knowledge there is no set number. The class size is expected to be at 25-ish. IMO I think it will be higher. 

By my count there are 84 scholarship players on the team and by my count there are 16 scholarship seniors on the team. So given those numbers that means that there will be at least 17 scholarships for next year. We currently have 22 commits but it's looking more and more like St Juste is going to fall into the 2017 class so the commit number is essentially 21 at this point. 

So why the 25-ish range? That would put us 8 eight over right?  Attrition, attrition, attrition. We've already seen 8 guys leave (see my previous post HERE), I suspect there may be more. Who will that be? Your guess would be as good as mine.

Here is the catch, even if we don't have attrition, we have competition. What I mean by that is Harbaugh already said 5th year guys will have to compete for their scholarship this year. You have to assume that will carry over for every class from here out. Well guess what, by my count there are 26 scholarship JRs on the team that will be SRs next year and of those there will 16 redshirts (5th yr SRs). So it's safe to say that even if UM signs 25, and ends up 8 over, and nobody leaves that those 8 scholarships would come from 5th yr SRs. Guys like Terry Richardson, Allen Gant, Drake Johnson, Tom Strobel, Matt Godin, etc that will be buried in the depth chart and not playing and they will be the first to go. 

I hope that helps a bit. Bottom line is, there is no black and white answer. The numbers will come from a dynamic formula comprised from parts mentioned above.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:12 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
well to my knowledge there is no set number. The class size is expected to be at 25-ish. IMO I think it will be higher. 

By my count there are 84 scholarship players on the team and by my count there are 16 scholarship seniors on the team. So given those numbers that means that there will be at least 17 scholarships for next year. We currently have 22 commits but it's looking more and more like St Juste is going to fall into the 2017 class so the commit number is essentially 21 at this point. 

So why the 25-ish range? That would put us 8 eight over right?  Attrition, attrition, attrition. We've already seen 8 guys leave (see my previous post HERE), I suspect there may be more. Who will that be? Your guess would be as good as mine.

Here is the catch, even if we don't have attrition, we have competition. What I mean by that is Harbaugh already said 5th year guys will have to compete for their scholarship this year. You have to assume that will carry over for every class from here out. Well guess what, by my count there are 26 scholarship JRs on the team that will be SRs next year and of those there will 16 redshirts (5th yr SRs). So it's safe to say that even if UM signs 25, and ends up 8 over, and nobody leaves that those 8 scholarships would come from 5th yr SRs. Guys like Terry Richardson, Allen Gant, Drake Johnson, Tom Strobel, Matt Godin, etc that will be buried in the depth chart and not playing and they will be the first to go. 

I hope that helps a bit. Bottom line is, there is no black and white answer. The numbers will come from a dynamic formula comprised from parts mentioned above.

Thanks Sandy. You are so right that there is no black and white number, but I do have a bit of a better flavor where we stand!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 9:27 pm

Here is my post BBQ UPDATED recruit list

5* DT Rashan Gary 6-4 290lbs Paramus Catholic (Paramus, NJ)
4* SDE Ron Johnson 6-4 240lbs Camden (Camden, NJ) - Committed
4* WDE Connor Murphy 6-7 250lbs Brophy College Preparatory (Phoenix, AZ)
4* WDE/BUCK Carlo Kemp 6-3 255lbs Fairview (Boulder, CO)
2* SDE Rashad Weaver 6-5 245lbs Cooper City (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Committed

3* ILB Dele Harding 6-1 232lbs Eastern Christian (Elkton, MD) - Committed
3* ILB David Reese 6-1 235lbs Farmington (Farmington, MI) - Committed
3* ILB Dytarious Johnson 6-1 205lbs Prattville (Prattville, AL) - Committed
3* OLB Jonathan Jones 6-1 220lbs Oak Ridge (Orlando, FL)

5* OT Ben Bredeson 6-5 293lbs Arrowhead (Hartland, WI) - Committed
4* OT Erik Swenson 6-7 285lbs Downers Grove South (Downers Grove, IL) - Committed
4* OG Michael Onwenu 6-3 365lbs Cass Technical (Detroit, MI) - Committed
4* OG Terrance Davis 6-4 305lbs DeMatha Catholic (Hyattsville, MD)
4* OT Devery Hamilton 6-6 290lbs Gilman (Baltimore, MD) - Committed

4* TE Naseir Upshur 6-3 233lbs Imhotep Institute (Philadelphia, PA)
4* ATH Ahmir Mitchell 6-3 206lbs Cedar Creek (Egg Harbor City, NJ)
4* WR Brad Hawkins 6-1 202lbs Camden (Camden, NJ) - Committed
4* APB Chris Evans 5-11 186lbs Ben Davis (Indianapolis, IN) - Committed
3* TE Sean McKeon 6-5 230lbs Shepherd Hill (Dudley, MA) - Committed

4* PRO Brandon Peters 6-5 205lbs Avon (Avon, IN) - Committed
3* ATH Victor Viramontes 6-2 22lbs Norco (Norco, CA) - Committed

4* CB Lavert Hill 5-10 166lbs King (Detroit, MI)
3* CB Sir Patrick Scott 6-1 175lbs Riverdale Baptist School (Upper Marlboro, MD) - Committed
3* CB Antwaine Richardson 6-0 165lbs Atlantic (Delray Beach, FL) - Committed
3* CB Benjamin St. Juste 6-3 170lbs Cegep du Vieux (Quebec) - Committed
3* S Devin Gil 6-1 205lbs Charles W Flanagan (Hollywood, FL) - Committed
2* S Josh Metellus 6-0 187lbs Charles W Flanagan (Hollywood, FL) - Committed

3* RB Kiante Enis 6-1 200lbs Winchester Community Sch (Winchester, IN) - Committed
3* RB Matthew Falcon 6-1 215lbs Southfield (Southfield, MI) - Committed
3* FB Kingston Davis 6-1 225lbs Prattville (Prattville, AL) - Committed

Gary is still on my board. He definitely wanted to make it to the BBQ but had to stay to take his SAT. It's currently a battle with Auburn and Georgia at this point.

I'm keeping Connor Murphy in but I'm adding Carlo Kemp. The tide has turned VERY quickly. He has SEVEN CBs to UM after the BBQ and not from people who play around with the CB tool for fun. 

I'm keeping Upshur and Jones but I suspect we won't hear much from them for a while. Nuata leaving FSU really takes the wind out of the sails for Upshur at the moment but UM is still squarely in it.  

I personally think Ahmir Mitchell is a silent commit. He is going to announce at a ceremony at his school before his senior year.  
IMO he is a lock right now. UM has also moved into solid position with 4* King WR Donnie Corley, just not enough to put him on my board.

I'm taking Donald Stewart off the board because A) I'm not sure on the numbers and B) he got his Stanford offer. I love his size but I think he ends up at Stanford. 

Welcome Aboard Sir Patrick Scott. Keep your eye on Lavert Hill. He seems to be a lock to flip from PSU to MSU or UM so he is back on my board. 

Joncarlo Valentin is not on board yet but it could very well be him instead of Davis for the last OL spot. That said, UM is still recruiting Jean Delance hard. He's a huge longshot but if he wants to commit, the staff will find room for him.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:52 am

That OL class looks like a winner.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:32 am

EJinGA wrote:
That OL class looks like a winner.

At this point it's definitely the best OL class in the nation this year. Can't see it finishing less than #2 provided there aren't any major recruiting stunners.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:37 am

by the way, that class puts us at 30. I still think that even though he says he's solid on his commitment that David Reese is a kid to watch for. So he and St Juste could move out of this class. That would leave us a 28.

If that happens then I can't imagine any scenario that at least a few kids are asked to grey shirt. For all I know, Harbaugh and staff have already told them that they will.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:21 pm

More Hand drama, and it might be good for us:
https://www.dawgnation.com/recruiting/mother-of-nations-no-1-prospect-has-concerns-about-uga?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=recruiting

Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:26 pm

The 2016 class is actually looking pretty decent.

I bought one the big college previews. For the life of me, I forgot the name of it. They had Michigan 4th in the division, and did not have much good to say about them. I am thinking 4th is probably realistic, but not at all what we would want to expect.

How would a 4th place finish impact recruiting? The theory is that a big year will bring the recruits, but if that big year does not happen, then what happens?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 3:55 pm

EJinGA wrote:
The 2016 class is actually looking pretty decent.

I bought one the big college previews. For the life of me, I forgot the name of it. They had Michigan 4th in the division, and did not have much good to say about them. I am thinking 4th is probably realistic, but not at all what we would want to expect.

How would a 4th place finish impact recruiting? The theory is that a big year will bring the recruits, but if that big year does not happen, then what happens?

IMHO the Michigan name will always bring in the rescruits nationally. ohio state's recent success both helps and hinders us. The hinderance is that all of the true studs will be going there now, but it helps us because a lot of great players want to play against the best. The clock is ticking on sparty and outside of the states of Michiggan and ohio no one takes them too seriously.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 5:35 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
More Hand drama, and it might be good for us:
https://www.dawgnation.com/recruiting/mother-of-nations-no-1-prospect-has-concerns-about-uga?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=recruiting

2ndComing still thinks we are recruiting Da'Shawn Hand. I'm not surprised.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 3:17 pm

Guess who popped their head into the Gary sweepstakes?

https://www.dawgnation.com/recruiting/guess-which-mystery-school-rashan-gary-may-visit?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=recruiting

Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 3:27 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
Guess who popped their head into the Gary sweepstakes?

https://www.dawgnation.com/recruiting/guess-which-mystery-school-rashan-gary-may-visit?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=recruiting

Hate that this kid is delaying his decision. Never ends up well for us. Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 4:06 pm

I can say without a doubt that they are non factor at this point. He already said that he was thinking about taking an official there anyway. This is really old news that is being blown out of proportion.

He'll put out a top 5 at the end of this month and whichever schools are on that list will be who he is picking from.

His mother is squarely in the mix. whatever he decides will have to go through her. At this point the ONLY school that they agree on is Michigan.

I read an article that his mother said she wanted Rashan to go to the best school possible (academically) and that's why she personally was not high on Auburn.

I read another article where she said she wants Rashan to play in a 4-3 defense and that is the main reason why she isn't sold on Georgia. Although she did say she absolutely LOVED Athens.

Michigan is the only school in his top three that they agree on both academically and from a football standpoint.

Long ways to go but you can guarantee that UM will be in the top 5 and they will have most of their recruiting out of the way and can focus on the few big fish left, particularly Gary. Plus don't forget that UM will have Gary on campus at least two more times before NSD.

Let's not fret.... UM is squarely in this one.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 4:42 pm

If he ends up at UM, great. I expect him to end up in the SEC.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 10:37 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
If he ends up at UM, great.  I expect him to end up in the SEC.

it's looking like his 5 OVs could be to Michigan, 3 SEC schools and O$U/Clemson/FSU/USC. So the odds are that he will end up in the SEC but I'm not buying it just yet.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 5:12 am

Gary update, nothig groundbreaking. Basically stuff that 'eggo has been saying for months. Michigan is still i the drivers seat. Watch the video.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2535026-what-scheme-is-best-fit-for-2016-no-1-overall-recruit-rashan-gary?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=recruiting

Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 2:41 pm

B/R claims Mitchell is down to Michigan and O$U. Watch the pricks get this kid.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 3:27 pm

EJinGA wrote:

O$U is not gonna happen. I am just waiting to hear when he is going to set an announcement date. He wants to announce before his school year starts so expect it to be within the month.

This is another situation where everyone who follows recruiting fully expects Mitchell to pick Michigan.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 3:46 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
EJinGA wrote:

O$U is not gonna happen. I am just waiting to hear when he is going to set an announcement date. He wants to announce before his school year starts so expect it to be within the month.

This is another situation where everyone who follows recruiting fully expects Mitchell to pick Michigan.

Unfortunately expectations differ from reality from times...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 3:49 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
EJinGA wrote:

Unfortunately expectations differ from reality from times...

yep. See Khalid Kareem.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 5:23 pm

He's "offically" down to two...

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2015/8/7/9118965/ahmir-mitchell-names-rivals-michigan-and-ohio-state-as-final-schools

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 3:16 pm

I know nothing about this kid but with the way that he referred to Michigan I'm not too optimistic.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2544036-2016-no-1-ath-mecole-hardman-unveils-top-10-in-epic-trailer?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=michigan-wolverines-football

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:49 pm

USC commit 4* DT Keyshawn Camp has set an official to UM for the UNLV game on Sept 19th.

This typically wouldn't be a big deal but Camp is really close to 2015 UM commit DE Reuben Jones. They went to high school together. Jones has been in Camp's ear about UM and how he loves it in AA. Camp is interested. There isn't enough info to gauge it right now but it sounds like UM could be a real player here. Of course Gary is still #1 on the board.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 10:12 am

two things to update....

First the bad.... Steve at 247 has switched his CB for Upshur to FSU. no article or reasoning why but anyone who follows recruiting knows that's a bad sign. 

Second the good (speculating).... tony butler has eliminated MICHIGAN. How do I read into that??? MICHIGAN told him there is no room because Hill is a silent commit. I saw another similar post on another board so maybe I'm not far off.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 11:14 pm

http://fanbuzz.com/story/michigan-qb-commit-draws-big-time-praise-from-an-nfl-scout/

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Mitchell's decision this Thursday.

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2015/8/23/9194907/2016-wr-ahmir-mitchells-decision-coming-this-thursday

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   2016 recruiting - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

2016 recruiting
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next