Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon

Go down 
+6
GOBLUEJOE66
sandyeggo_blue
the artist formally known
booboo
MgoBlue
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon Empty
PostSubject: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:05 am

don't see a time just yet.

Free Press reporting.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:08 am

Sounds like 1:30 EST, per Ira Weintraub (Michigan Insider)
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:19 am

He is resigning per multiple sources.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:21 am

https://twitter.com/mcmurphyespn/status/528203573742817280

Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:23 am

Per Brett McMurphy on twitter @McMurphyESPN : Dave Brandon is resign as Michigan's AD source told @ESPN Press conference this afternoon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:24 am

Just heard that it is being reported that He is resigning also, really didn't see that coming especially this week end. So where we going from here. Boy this caved in rather quickly. Much as Martin messed things up it never got this bad, Players taking money and all the other shit. Raise ticket prices and lose some ball games and heads roll, WOW
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:34 am

Looks like those reports of Brandon being gone by Mid November were correct. Again, that is why I think Sam and Steve L are the two best insiders of all of the pay sites.

Hoke's days are now officially numbered.

Any word on a replacement AD?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:36 am

any idea of the buyout cost?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:39 am

Admin wrote:

24/7 says 1:30 today.

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Reports-Athletic-Director-Dave-Brandon-To-Resign-32499233

Out of the Blue, so to speak. Smile Curiosity question is....was he told to resign or did he resign on his on? Not all that important, just wondering. I feel sure they already have someone lined up. And, I would bet BH can now see his future.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:40 am

Admin wrote:

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Reports-Athletic-Director-Dave-Brandon-To-Resign-32499233

Out of the Blue, so to speak.  Smile  Curiosity question is....was he told to resign or did he resign on his on?   Not all that important, just wondering.  I feel sure they already have someone lined up.   And, I am sure BH can now see his future with UM.   For more games!  Smile

Go Blue!!  Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:42 am

I posted this in another thread...

"Also, interesting is that Steve Lorenz and Sam Webb are both being vocal about Brad Bates (Boston College) becoming the new AD and they are both slyly hinting at Bates/Harbaugh being the move. "

You have to think that Bates is one of the front runners. I can't find anything on any BC boards about him leaving though.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:43 am

Detroit free press so far as no info about buy-out, replacement. Nothing on twitter yet or at least I haven't found anything.

News conference at 1:30, hopefully learn more
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:45 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Out of the Blue, so to speak.  Smile  Curiosity question is....was he told to resign or did he resign on his on?   Not all that important, just wondering.  I feel sure they already have someone lined up.   And, I am sure BH can now see his future with UM.   For more games!  Smile

Go Blue!!  Smile

Sorry about the double post Tried to edit first one and now it won't let me delete it. My bad.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:48 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Go Blue!!  Smile

I'm sure they worked out some kind of deal with him. He really doesn't seem like the type to resign for the good of the program.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:54 am

Detroit free press so far as no info about buy-out, replacement. Nothing on twitter yet or at least I haven't found anything.

News conference at 1:30, hopefully learn more
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 12:00 pm

of course I have no proof but you gotta think that Ross going from staunch supporter to guy on the sidelines might have something to do with this.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 12:02 pm

jjabilene wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Go Blue!!  Smile

I'm sure they worked out some kind of deal with him. He really doesn't seem like the type to resign for the good of the program.
]

He really doesn't seem like the type to resign for the good of the program.

I agree jj. The pressure from whomever must have been really, really hot for this to happen so quickly. NOT complaining! For me, this is the first step that needed to happen. This should loosen up the coach search so that high quality coaches will now at least consider UM, if offered!

And, my opinion....self-inflicted!!

Go Blue!! Smile

Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 12:03 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
of course I have no proof but you gotta think that Ross going from staunch supporter to guy on the sidelines might have something to do with this.

Great point Sandy!!

cheers

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 12:30 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
...NOT complaining!  For me, this is the first step that needed to happen.   This should loosen up the coach search so that high quality coaches will now at least consider UM, if offered!

And, my opinion....self-inflicted!!

Go Blue!!   Smile

looks like we all pretty much agree that step 1 was to fire DB.

here is what I posted in another thread....

https://mgoforum.forumotion.com/t5783-3-million-to-buyout-dave-brandon

Let's say Dave and Brady are both let go. This would be my proposal in doing so...

Many say that coaches wont' even consider coming unless Dave is gone. Couple that with fact that UM would have to wait until July 2016 to not owe him a lump sum buyout. I say there is absolutely no harm with just pulling the trigger and firing Brandon today. We sure as hell don't want to wait until 2016.

Then bring in a new AD.

With Hoke's buyout dropping $1million after January 1st it looks like the university has a million reasons to keep him around until the end of the season. IMO this actually works out in UM's favor.

Let me explain...

It has been said (can't remember where I read it) that if UM gets a new AD that most likely that AD would give Brady a year to "earn his job". Not sure how true that is, but if it is true and you hire a new AD now, you can use the remaining seven games of the season for Brady to "earn his job."

I'm not saying that the product will get better and that Brady will turn it around and the new AD will keep Brady in 2015. In fact, I believe UM will continue to struggle and the AD's choice to fire Brady on January 2nd will be an easy decision. Giving Brady the last seven games should allow the new AD to fire Brady at the end of the season without looking like he's coming in and cleaning house as a knee jerk reaction.

Also it gives the new AD three months to put the feelers out to potential coaches so we can avoid what happened in 2007 where Schiano said no at the last minute and UM went into scramble mode to find a coach.

I know a lot of people want Brady out now. At this point I think the season is lost and recruits are dropping like flies. But to lose the team would be the worst of all to me. The young kids on this team are going to be next year's leaders. They have to feel like they came together for something (even if it is for their lame duck coach). You can't risk alienating them all together by firing Hoke.

Let Brady coach out the year, save some money on his buyout and let him go on January 2nd, take the time from now until Jan 2nd to do your research and hit a home run hire and go from there. That has to be the incoming AD's plan.

Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 1:29 pm

what a great day to be a Meechigan fan .... first step in returning this program to glory
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 2:19 pm

I so hope it's true that Harbaugh would be the new coach. That would make my year.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 2:21 pm

well this makes it more likely .... mind you it still may be only a 25% chance .... but , any other top tier coach is a definite now that Jerry Jones is gone
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 4:42 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
well this makes it more likely .... mind you it still may be only a 25% chance .... but , any other top tier coach is a definite now that Jerry Jones is gone

+50

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:36 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
any idea of the buyout cost?

DB will receive $3 Million over 4 years...

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/10/dave_brandon_to_receive_3_mill.html.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon   ******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon Empty

Back to top Go down

******BREAKING: UofM to hold press conference regarding Dave Brandon
Page 1 of 1