Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scenario....

Go down 
+5
MGOBLUEBC
bluenote
wshoes
sandyeggo_blue
BetterThansparty
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 12:52 am

Say Jimmah signs on, which it looks like.  I say Hackett steps down.  He was brought in to do a job, he did it, now he can go back to retirement a legend.  Michigan will get its new AD on June 1st.

Thoughts?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 1:37 am

so then are you saying that the harbaugh hiring is contingent on JIM being able to pick the new, permanent AD?

just wondering your take.

BetterThansparty

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 4:03 am

That's an interesting question. I vhadn't considered that but now that you mention it that would give Jimmah more control, which is somthing that he covets. Another perk for coming to Michigan? That would never be made public though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 11:12 pm

Think Hackett will hold job for 1-3 years.
Back to top Go down
bluenote

bluenote

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySat Dec 20, 2014 11:45 pm

...and I don't see Hackett staying on for a bit as a bad thing. He seems to be going about things in the right way and I'm sure he has Michigan athletics best interests at heart. When the time comes, let the coaches of the major sports have some input and that would likely appease Harbaugh as far as who his new boss would become.

No man is more important than The Team.
No coach is more important than The Team.
The Team, The Team, The Team
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 9:39 am

I'm wondering if the deal for Jimmy to come back to AA is contingent that Hackett has to stay on as AD for 'X' amount of time, what ever that may be. I just have a suspicion that may be the case & why Hackett's title changed from interim to permanent all of a sudden........or it may just be a coincidence. Anyway, just a thought I had.

Also, just saw a video by ESPN where they interviewed Jim sometime after the super bowl game he coached in & they were asking him 3 things fans didn't know about him. One was he has lived in 12 different places in his life...so the young lady asked which was his favorite.....he said Ann Arbor. Thought that was pretty cool..........and, it's good for us! Guess that means he doesn't have the same love for the bay area as his wife, huh?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 10:37 am

well I'm hoping that SF blowing a late 21 point lead speeds the timeline up if you know what I mean.

how in the world does your team D get 3 INTs (one being a pick 6), your QB score on a 91yd run and your team rushes for 330+ yds and you still lose the game?

the artist formally known

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Because Phillip Rivers had an exceptional game, the defense for the 9ners didn't play well the 2nd half and The Bolts played pretty damn good the 2nd half. but the main key here is with this losing streak maybe NFL teams are thinking wow Jimmy isn't so great and might not want to throw 6 years 10 mill at Jimmy. They may not wanna to trade the 1st and the 3rd and 8 mill at Jimmy either..

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:04 pm

This would be a good week for a press conference, maybe on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:13 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Because Phillip Rivers had an exceptional game, the defense for the 9ners didn't play well the 2nd half and The Bolts played pretty damn good the 2nd half. but the main key here is with this losing streak maybe NFL teams are thinking wow Jimmy isn't so great and might not want to throw 6 years 10 mill at Jimmy. They may not wanna to trade the 1st and the 3rd and 8 mill at Jimmy either..

well the game was definitely a tale of two halves.

Rivers threw 3 TERRIBLE INTs. They were all just horrible passes. yes he was playing hurt and yes he had a good second half but all in all Rivers wasn't that great.

The Charger D adjusted in the 2nd half and Roman was clueless on how to get his boys to move the ball. again, I think the problem in SF isn't Jim, or the management or the locker room, it's the O. Roman's tricks are used up and the teams know what's coming. Kaepernic isn't good enough to make plays and carry a team like Russel Wilson. I mean I saw that end around by SF three times in the first half. they all went for short yards (one being a TD though)  but that told me they were pretty much through the play book early and that's not good.

I agree that Jim's shiny coat may be wearing off after the latest losses. I might just be trying to put a positive spin on it for Michigan getting him though  Very Happy

And to touch a bit more about Roman (or the OC position in general). did anyone see the article where Wheatley said that he was 100% focused on his job now but that if Michigan came calling he would listen.

FUnny how 2 months ago the entire fan base didn't give a damn about a "Michigan man", they just wanted a good staff that could develop the talent and win but the search could net Michigan Men all around.

sandyeggo_blue

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:15 pm

I know this way OT but I wanted to add one more thing about Rivers' performance last night.

Rivers is now 30-5 all time in the month of december and that includes two losses this year.

He's 15-2  all time on the road in the month of december. Both of those numbers put him above any QB in NFL history in those categories.

Impressive for a goofy SOB that has worse form than my sister.

fishgoblue22

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 1:38 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

And to touch a bit more about Roman (or the OC position in general). did anyone see the article where Wheatley said that he was 100% focused on his job now but that if Michigan came calling he would listen.

FUnny how 2 months ago the entire fan base didn't give a damn about a "Michigan man", they just wanted a good staff that could develop the talent and win but the search could net Michigan Men all around.

I don't think Wheatley would be considered for OC. Maybe Asst HC RB coach.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 2:10 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

I don't think Wheatley would be considered for OC.  Maybe Asst HC RB coach.

I agree but for some reason last week his named was linked to the OC position under Harbaugh.

I think Wheatley has a good thing going for him. I'd love to see him stay in the NFL and really make a name for himself.

Hart did a pretty good job at WMU this year. The team was above average in rushing stats but I'm sure most of that is because they had that Franklin kid.

BetterThansparty

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 3:53 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
well I'm hoping that SF blowing a late 21 point lead speeds the timeline up if you know what I mean.

how in the world does your team D get 3 INTs (one being a pick 6), your QB score on a 91yd run and your team rushes for 330+ yds and you still lose the game?

Rich Clod could tell you...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptySun Dec 21, 2014 4:06 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
I'm wondering if the deal for Jimmy to come back to AA is contingent that Hackett has to stay on as AD for 'X' amount of time, what ever that may be. I just have a suspicion that may be the case & why Hackett's title changed from interim to permanent all of a sudden........or it may just be a coincidence. Anyway, just a thought I had.

Also, just saw a video by ESPN where they interviewed Jim sometime after the super bowl game he coached in & they were asking him 3 things fans didn't know about him. One was he has lived in 12 different places in his life...so the young lady asked which was his favorite.....he said Ann Arbor. Thought that was pretty cool..........and, it's good for us! Guess that means he doesn't have the same love for the bay area as his wife, huh?

I was talking to a guy last night (a total idiot so disregard this) who claims that he grew up with Jimmah when he lived in Ann Arbor and thinks that part of the deal he wants to come back here is to be the head football coach/AD.  I reminded him that there is no possible way in which that could be done and then he changed his tune.  He then said that he'd have control over all things football (which he pretty much would anyway) but hire a new AD to handle everything else kinda like a figure head.  The guy was a total tool but I listened to him anyway so I could laugh in his face.  Btw, did I mention that he was a sparty fan?  The guy just wanted attention so I gave it to him, by laughing in his face (and ripping on him relentlessly).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Last edited by TheNewBlueOrder on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Can the 'Jimmah' thing end now?

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:16 pm

Admin wrote:

Please, it is irritating.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:32 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Please, it is irritating.

Sadly, some seem to think it's cute to be irritating, so don't get your hopes up.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Admin wrote:

Soon. Very, very soon. After it is officially announced. He does not technically have the title of Coach Harbaugh yet, although we know better.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scenario.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scenario....   Scenario.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Scenario....
Page 1 of 1