Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Battle decommits

Go down 
+3
wshoes
sandyeggo_blue
MichiganFootball13
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 11:53 am

Not good news :/
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 12:10 pm

visiting Syracuse this weekend. DAMN

wshoes

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 12:31 pm

Disappointing.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 3:07 pm

I thought he was headed to Cuse anyway before he committed. I think that was the general consensus (correct me if I'm wrong Hail).

what I don't get is Cuse just got handed a ton of sanctions. that I know of they are:

- Boeheim can't coach the first half of the ACC game next year
- 5yr probation
- Loss of 12 BB schollies over the next four years

plus they had wins taken away and had to pay back a bunch of money from postseason appearances. I think $1MIL.

Figures Beilein finally lands a 5* and less than two months later he decommits. DAMN.

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 4:04 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I thought he was headed to Cuse anyway before he committed. I think that was the general consensus (correct me if I'm wrong Hail).

what I don't get is Cuse just got handed a ton of sanctions. that I know of they are:

- Boeheim can't coach the first half of the ACC game next year
- 5yr probation
- Loss of 12 BB schollies over the next four years

plus they had wins taken away and had to pay back a bunch of money from postseason appearances. I think $1MIL.

Figures Beilein finally lands a 5* and less than two months later he decommits. DAMN.

De-committing and visiting the dirtiest program in the country. And the beat goes on.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 7:28 pm

Go figure.

Well, nothing says the kid won't come back.

If it involves dinero from a Syracuse source, maybe this is a blessing in disguise.

Good luck to the kid, where ever he lands.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 8:55 pm

Except other than Will Campbell has anyone ever come back after decomitting?- and I'm not sure that is even what happened with him.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 12:35 pm

wshoes wrote:
Except other than Will Campbell has anyone ever come back after decomitting?- and I'm not sure that is even what happened with him.

david dawson did. extenuating circumstances though.

wshoes

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 2:23 pm

Sounds like we are working on replacing him right now. Guard visiting Monday.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 11:20 am

Hopefully this is just a case of agreeing to visit Syracuse to appease his over-controlling father. If he really does decommit, it opens up the door for Langford or a last resort type guard like Cumberland or Huerter.

A recent decommit/recommit Michigan was involved with was James Blackmon (Indiana).

sandyeggo_blue

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 12:10 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Hopefully this is just a case of agreeing to visit Syracuse to appease his over-controlling father. If he really does decommit, it opens up the door for Langford or a last resort type guard like Cumberland or Huerter.  

A recent decommit/recommit Michigan was involved with was James Blackmon (Indiana).

I had read a ton of stuff on his overbearing father in the last day. doesn't sound like an easy guy to deal with.  but I can't imagine I'd know how to handle my super star son's recruitment either.

sandyeggo_blue

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 1:56 pm

and now Langford to MSU. 

battle really screwed UM over on this one. But then again Langford has his chance to commit to UM before Battle. 

UM really lost out here. Sparty fans will be laughing at this for years.

I feel bad for Beilein.

sandyeggo_blue

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 1:58 pm

oh one other thing. Battle's twitter page says he's still a UM commit and has NOT decommitted from UM. Only that he is opening up his recruitment.

hailtoyourvictor

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 2:20 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
oh one other thing. Battle's twitter page says he's still a UM commit and has NOT decommitted from UM. Only that he is opening up his recruitment.

Did he actually say the bolded somewhere? I see that his picture is still the one of him in a Michigan jersey and it still says "MICHIGAN COMMIT", but I'm wondering if it's just because he hasn't been on twitter. If he actually said that he "has not decomitted from UM" somewhere, that would be huge in my eyes.

sandyeggo_blue

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 5:05 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Did he actually say the bolded somewhere? I see that his picture is still the one of him in a Michigan jersey and it still says "MICHIGAN COMMIT", but I'm wondering if it's just because he hasn't been on twitter. If he actually said that he "has not decomitted from UM" somewhere, that would be huge in my eyes.

I will have to look around but I definitely saw an article that quoted him saying he was opening his recruitment. I still have not seen an article that quotes him decommiting. But 247 reported it so I took at face value (IMO 247 has good face value).  but when I think about it, every time I read that a recruit is opening his recruitment I never really see a quote from them decommiting, I just feel that it's implied.

dwoody

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 8:17 pm

Pardon me for eing a literalist, but I just do not get the concept of non-binding oral commitments. The concept is oxymoronic. Wake mewhen LOIs are SIGNED.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battle decommits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle decommits   Battle decommits Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle decommits
Page 1 of 1