Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If I'm a recruit...

Go down 
+4
BOLEACH7
the artist formally known
BetterThansparty
sandyeggo_blue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

If I'm a recruit... Empty
PostSubject: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 11:14 pm

...I'm staying as far away from Michigan as possible at this point.

Young team.... Lost a lot to the draft... we expected a down year.... injuries.... bad calls.... Enough with that shit.

3 years and this is where the team is. This is the product that the fans get.

There is no serviceable QB. And shut your damn mouth with the McCaffery talk. If he was any good he'd be out there end of story. I don't want to hear the talk about next year either so zip it.

An O line that is barely considered a "middle of the pack" line in the B1G, yet the fans give them a break and look the other way because they are "making progress."

A run game that can't get the job done against quality competition.

If not for Brown and the Defense Michigan would be losing these games by 30 on a consistent basis.

Win a couple games over the bottom feeders of the B1G and keep the fans happy. Whatever.

The rivaly records are shit.

They haven't won a B1G championship since Facebook was called facemash.

They haven't won a road game against a ranked opponent since two years before Obama was president.

The offense is soft. A bunch of pansies. The O line is nowhere near up to Michigan standards and hasn't been since 2006.

Harbaugh is getting his ass handed to him on the recruiting trail.

I'm traveling Saturday but even if I wasn't I wouldn't waste my time watching this shit show.

Frustrated isn't even the word. The kool-aid is gone and reality has set it. Utter disappointment is more like it because next year is going to be worse. No fucking way they go 10-2 'shoes. No fucking way.

All this coming from the most optimistic and loyal UM fan I know, ME.

[shaking my head]

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 5:06 am

Breathe in, breathe out...

Step away from the ledge.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 5:12 am

And just because...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 4:58 pm

yea but nobody can say he is wrong. This team is years from a B!G title, and the only way they should be ranked higher than 10th in any poll for the next 2 years is if they play in the MAC conference. Jimmy has colored his world sunshine yellow, but it plays piss poor. as in piss poor line piss poor receivers and piss poor QB's

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 6:36 pm

Next year it is all on Jim and his staff offensively.... his QB , his line , his receivers, his backs ... needs to straighten out his staff immediately.... no more player recruiting excuses next year ... that said anyone thinking he should be on the hot seat or even let go is a fool .... Saban or Meyer ain’t coming to AA ... and if they did I am sure their recruiting power would be cut in half in regards to admitting suspect student athletes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 12:05 am

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Next year it is all on Jim and his staff offensively.... his QB , his line , his receivers, his backs ... needs to straighten out his staff immediately.... no more player recruiting excuses next year ... that said anyone thinking he should be on the hot seat or even let go is a fool .... Saban or Meyer ain’t coming to AA ... and if they did I am sure their recruiting power would be cut in half in regards to admitting suspect student athletes

First I want to make it clear that I am not advocating for JH to be let go. In fact I'm no where near that point. I also wouldn't go as far as saying that I'd consider him a hot seat coach either. So let's clear that up first and foremost.

Second, I couldn't disagree any more with the statement or notion that next year is his year. It's a BS line that fans tell themselves to deflect from the immediate truth.

Year one JH comes in, turns the team from a 5-7, no bowl team into a 10-3 team and develops a transfer left for dead at another school into an NFL QB. The fans are happy, even though we go 0-2 in the rivalries. The MSU game gets chalked up as a fluke disaster and the team shows more promise in the O$U game then they have in nearly a decade. A blowout win over the SEC runner up and the fans are champing at the bit saying, "Wait till next year."

Year two rolls around and and the D is the best we've had since '06. The QB is more than serviceable and the QB whisperer label remains in play. But then after beating the worst Sparty team in over a decade something happens.... The QB goes down late in the season and our sure fire transfer that was pegged to be the next great QB at Michigan two years earlier comes off the bench (red flags already) and does everything he needs to do to not lose on the road at Indiana. Then UM loses The Game, in 2OT, on the road, with a less than 100% QB because of what many call a BS spot call. Then a loss to a very good FSU team in the bowl without our two AA players really playing (Butt went down early). So again, fans are champing at the bit but with reserve because of the talent leaving.

Year three arrives and 11 games into the season the QB play is a disaster, in fact it's gotten progressively worse all year. The O line is STILL, three years later, no where near Michigan standards and the run game is non existent against quality opponents. Also, after finally getting his first two opportunities since coaching at Michigan JH loses his two road games against ranked opponents by a combined score of 23-66. We lose another game to Sparty as well and we're out of the B1G race (a title UM hasn't won in 13 years) before The Game is even played.

We bashed and berated Hoke for not developing talent. We watched that train wreck happen for two years before finally admitting there was a problem and suffered through one more before he was fired. Just because this team puts up back to back double digit win seasons shouldn't give them a pass to be this terrible. I'd argue it should be the opposite. They have gotten progressively worse since the last three games of 2016 and it rolled over all through this year. Don't give me that BS that UM beat up on Rutgers and Purdue and Maryland and Minnesota either. If JH was that good (which I really do suspect that he is) then there should be absolutely no reason for this degradation in play. It shouldn't matter if he has his recruits or not at this point. What would your argument be for year one and two be? Most of those kids weren't his players either. It's a double standard that you're using and I'm calling you out on it. IMO two and a half years is more than enough time to develop players (your players or not), especially with the talent that he was left with.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think the team should be playing better than they are. I don't think it's unreasonable to be unhappy with the slow rate of improvement on the offensive side of the ball. I don't think it's unreasonable to be upset at the fact that the team as a whole has gotten worse at a lot of positions across the board.

At the rate the team is going there is no reason to believe that Michigan will be able to finish any higher than 4th in the B1G east in the next three years. That's one spot higher than Rutgers at this point by the way.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 7:19 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Year three arrives and 11 games into the season the QB play is a disaster, in fact it's gotten progressively worse all year.

I think Peters is developing before our eyes. It appears to me that he makes quick decisions and is on the verge of becoming a very good QB. However, if O'Korn has to go against OSU, UM has not chance in hell of winning.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 8:08 am

Fish, Peters only plays one position, albeit it's arguably the most important one. We all saw what happens to a QB when he gets inconsistent play from his line. I agree with you in that I think he can be a really good QB. His ceiling is clearly very high. But there needs to be major improvement across multiple positions in order for Peters and the offense to be effective. For the life of me I can't understand why that hasn't happened by year 3. The lack of development is on Harbaugh and his staff and I refuse to give him a pass just because A) he's Jim or B) because they've had back-to-back 10 win seasons or C) he's eccentric and innovative and has people talking about Michigan

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 9:21 am

Hence my statement that it is on Jim to clearly revamp his offensive staff because they have not developed the talent ... if that doesn’t happen then he should rightly be criticized.... I see true freshmen wrs at Bama running great routes and making plays... I saw two rf OL anchor a NC team in 1997... so yes it is an absolute must that Jim totally clears house for offensive coaches
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 11:21 am

Jedd Fisch may be available next season. I'd take him back and get rid of Pep in a minute.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 12:24 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Jedd Fisch may be available next season.  I'd take him back and get rid of Pep in a minute.

Only if he is the sole OC ... make Drevno a line coach... no more of this stupid pass game and run game co-ordinators shit ... and get an actual RB coach that actually spent years as a running back
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 12:42 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Jedd Fisch may be available next season.  I'd take him back and get rid of Pep in a minute.

Only if he is the sole OC ... make Drevno a line coach... no more of this stupid pass game and run game co-ordinators shit ... and get an actual RB coach that actually spent years as a running back

And I also never liked the Frey hire. He and Drevno coach completely different blocking schemes.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 8:55 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

^^^^ Exactly This ^^^^

+2

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 9:13 pm

Question is will Jim fire Drevno and Pep though ... will he pick team over friends... whether Fisch or someone else change is needed offensively
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 10:02 pm

The dude is always preaching meritocracy so he'd better. If you're not gonna put on your iron jock strap and get the OC job done right you'd better believe he's gonna put someone in that will.

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 10:37 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

^^^^ Exactly This ^^^^

+2

I'd do that in less than a second, and throw in Drevno for free!!!!!!!!

Go Blue!!! Smile

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 2:16 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
The dude is always preaching meritocracy so he'd better. If you're not gonna put on your iron jock strap and get the OC job done right you'd better believe he's  gonna put someone in that will.

God I hope so. Everything we've all seen from Coach Harbaugh is that he's a competitive son of a b.... After years of Hoke and his loyalty I'm cautious though.

What happens if we somehow finish 10-3 again? It isn't too far fetched, if we beat o$u Saturday (something which I do not foresee) and then win whatever meaningless bowl game we go to voila, 10-3.

Does anyone know how long the contracts of assistants are? Or do they even have contracts? If they do, what are the buyout numbers?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 3:05 am

Just listened to Coach Harbaugh's press conference. Coach Harbaugh spoke of Jordan Kovacs coaching ability. Granted he's only going to be a Graduate Assistant next year but who knows in the future?

But of course the vast majority was Coach speak...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 9:27 pm

We'll be a lot better next season. The O-line has gone from dreadful to decent at run blocking. Next year it will take another step forward. Defense returns a ton and Peters looks to me as if he will be very good. I'm not worried at all.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 10:50 pm

wshoes wrote:
We'll be a lot better next season. The O-line has gone from dreadful to decent at run blocking. Next year it will take another step forward. Defense returns a ton and Peters looks to me as if he will be very good. I'm not worried at all.

Concerned is a better word. Wow we're thinking about next year already. We have officially transformed to sparty.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 3:13 am

You guys have really harshed my buzz.

I'm not stupid. I know what we have and what they can do. I also know it's ohio and I have sat in Michigan Stadium more than once when we had "no chance" to win yet we did.

I agree with a lot of what's being said but I'm taking the positive (glass full of kool-aid) side of it.

The thing that bothers me is I am certain there'll be way more red in the stadium than my stomach can hold.

I hate o-fucking-hio. I hate the team. I hate the coach. I hate the school. I hate the entire fucking state. (my apologies to anyone residing there. You get a pass)

We have got to create turnovers. That is our only chance.

PostSubject: Re: If I'm a recruit...   If I'm a recruit... Empty

Back to top Go down

If I'm a recruit...
Page 1 of 1