Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random 3:41 am thought.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Random 3:41 am thought. Empty
PostSubject: Random 3:41 am thought.   Random 3:41 am thought. EmptyThu Aug 08, 2019 3:41 am

I miss countdown to kickoff. It was pure fluff but I still miss it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

PostSubject: Re: Random 3:41 am thought.   Random 3:41 am thought. EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 10:34 pm

I miss the old radio play by play announcer for Iowa - Jim Zabel. Near the end you didn't know what the hell was really going on. The story goes that after a season he was interviewing Forest Eversheski and it went something like this

Zabel - Well forest you've had a wonderful season

Forest - Yes jim it was a fine season, I enjoyed all 20 games

Zabel - 20 games? You only played 10

Forest - that's right Jim there were the 10 we played and the 10 that you called.

You guys had that guy forget how to spell his name Uffer? ...but he had a horn.

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Random 3:41 am thought.   Random 3:41 am thought. EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 3:17 am

Yea but I wasn't even a Michigan fan back then. I only began my Michigan fandom in late 2002 after I began school there. Prior to that I couldn't stand Michigan, even though all throughout my undergrad next door (EMU) I came to bars on UM's campus. Eastern never had a naked mile so obviously I was in Ann Arbor.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Random 3:41 am thought.   Random 3:41 am thought. EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 12:40 pm

The first Mich radio guy I remember was Tom Hemenway- who was great. At the time Ufe was only on a 5,000 watt Ann Arbor Station. I first heard him when I moved to A2 as a student. What a revelation- loved him. Many listened to him at the games on a transistor radio (when did Walkmans come in?)

Then his broadcast went to 50,000 watt WJR and everyone discovered him.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Random 3:41 am thought.   Random 3:41 am thought. EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 5:14 pm

Hemenwey was my first. WUOM I think. When did they stop their broadcasts? I think after 1990...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random 3:41 am thought.   Random 3:41 am thought. Empty

Back to top Go down

Random 3:41 am thought.
Page 1 of 1