Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jay Bilas Observation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Jay Bilas Observation Empty
PostSubject: Jay Bilas Observation   Jay Bilas Observation EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:25 pm

Before we played Ohio Jay was the only one of the group to pick Michigan to beat Ohio. Of course he was incorreect.

Now Jay says Michigan has the best chance (worst news) of being a #4 seed upset.

So, 1 game changed Jay's mind from the point where we could beat a very possible #1 seed to the point where we might not even beat a #13 seed!

I think Bilas is extremely good at what he does so his comments worry me.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Jay Bilas Observation   Jay Bilas Observation EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 pm

They throw shit at the wall and see what sticks when it comes to tourney time and predicting upsets.

Don't let it worry you too much.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Jay Bilas Observation   Jay Bilas Observation EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:49 am

Jay is right. Did you see how UM came out against Minn and OSU? Horrible. I wouldn't be shocked to see them lose in the first round. No inside presence, Morgan is weak. If the three isn't falling, UM is horrible. Probably the worst #4 seed in the tourney.

If they get past Ohio, no way they get past Temple.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Jay Bilas Observation   Jay Bilas Observation EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:18 am

Geez, "FishGoBlue22", did you suddenly change your postername from "DeepBlue83" ???

Actually, I'm hoping not (make that KNOW not)...and yes, the flatness I saw in both games, esp. against a considerably-weaker (than OSU) Minny club, gives me the jitters. But I can't see us losing Friday. Now Temple, assuming they would be our Sunday opponent, worries me. But before I write our men off, I want to see what Temple (or Cal or the other) does...and of course how we look Friday.

Not as much as their ex-coach, headcase-supreme John Cheney, would worry me on the sidelines, though. I remember him best for two things:
(1) death threat, aloud, against current UK coach Calipuri who was then at U-Mass (2) drawing a "T" to help seal his team's loss to the Fab Five in 1993, and then going off on what a negligent shopkeeper Steve Fisher was for running such a ship. (Though I can't totally disagree there).
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Newer and really   Jay Bilas Observation EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:32 am

a little funnier I thought.

I was watching sportsCenter last night and in BACK-TO-BACK questions Bilas said the Michigan/Ohio game was the most "intriguing" then "Michigan has the best chance of any 4 seed or lower to get to the Elite 8.

So in one question they might lose and in the VERY NEXT QUESTION they might win 3 and get to the Elite 8.

But, the absolute truth is HE'S 100% RIGHT! We can beat "almost" anyone if we're shooting. We can get beat by almost anyone if we're not.

This team is either really good or really bad. Not much in between. And you just never know which you're going to get on any given day.

With that said I also pick Michigan to get to the Sweet 16. No way we beat UNC.

PostSubject: Re: Jay Bilas Observation   Jay Bilas Observation Empty

Back to top Go down

Jay Bilas Observation
Page 1 of 1