Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Hockey resumed today.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

OT: Hockey resumed today. Empty
PostSubject: OT: Hockey resumed today.   OT: Hockey resumed today. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 7:26 pm

They started out a little rusty as evidenced by being down 1-0 to Wisconsin after 20 minutes. That's where everything fell back into place. Michigan scored 4 goals in the 2nd period. They chipped in a 5th goal in the 3rd period to come away with a 5-1 victory over 1st place Wisconsin. Everything looked good after the first period.

Basketball is in halves as you know, as long as they don't get too far behind in the first half tomorrow I don't think that there will be much of a problem. Of course I don't claim to be an expert on that "game".

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?

the artist formally known likes this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey resumed today.   OT: Hockey resumed today. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 9:02 pm

I got to listen to the game while both of my boys were playing today.

Side note, my youngest won his game 5-3 and my oldest lost his 7-4 but he had 1 goal and 2 asst.

From the broadcast it sounded like York was a real leader. I think he had 3 assists. It was also nice to see Portillo make so many saves.

I can't remember if Wisc had one or two PPs but michigan seemed to play a good clean game and they didn't allow a PP goal so that is important moving forward.

I'd like to look through the box scores because it seems like the second period has been a hot one for the team.

it was a good win today.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey resumed today.   OT: Hockey resumed today. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 9:14 pm

That was a really good win today because Wisconsin had been playing well. Not sure how many games we will make up in hockey either, but this team has some real firepower.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey resumed today.   OT: Hockey resumed today. EmptySat Feb 13, 2021 9:25 pm

Just went through to look at the numbers...

Michigan has outscored their opponents 63-34 this year.

Michigan has scored 13 goals in the 1st

Michigan has scored 26 goals in the 2nd

Michigan has scored 23 goals in the 3rd

Michigan has scored 1 OT goal

Michigan has allowed 8 goals in the 1st

Michigan has allowed 13 goals in the 2nd

Michigan has allowed 13 goals in the 3rd

Michigan has allowed 0 OT goals

Michigan has been shutout in the 1st 9 times

Michigan has been shutout in the 2nd 6 times

Michigan has been shutout in the 3rd 3 times

Even though Michigan has done best by scoring in the third on a more consistent basis I would still argue that the 2nd is their best period. What the number above don't show is that of the 13 goals they gave up in the 2nd, 5 of them were to PSU in one game.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey resumed today.   OT: Hockey resumed today. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 2:09 am

wshoes wrote:
That was a really good win today because Wisconsin had been playing well. Not sure how many games we will make up in hockey either, but this team has some real firepower.

Michigan only missed 3 games.  2 against Penn State, and 1 against sparty.  All three of those games were to be held at Yost.  I was looking at the schedules the other day and without really taking the opposition schedules into account they should be easily made up.  Just put the Penn State series on a Tuesday/Wednesday in one of the 3 next weeks and you can pick any random day to play the game against sparty.  Penn State and sparty and 6, 7 in the league standings (there are only 7 teams total) so I'm not sure if they actually want to play those games.  Penn State would have travel expenses, sparty just has a bus ride (but they hate Michigan so). My suggestions are put PSU on March 2 & 3.  sparty on March 11.  Will they listen to me?  Well I'm not exactly suggesting anything to them and even if I did they would simply react "Who the f is this guy?"  Those are my guesses though.

The first period was how I expected them to play.  I was relieved that they were only down 1-0 after 1.  That 2nd period pleasantly surprised me.  After that first goal went in you could see the confidence rise.

I'm also excited about Portillo, but we already have Mann.  From what I can tell Mann is really running with his role as Captain.  I like it but I am concerned (please note, not worried) about how this will effect Portillo.  You know what they say, if you have 2 goalies you don't have any.

Tomorrows game will be interesting.  Traditionally Michigan plays absolutely horrendously on Sunday.  Good thing Sunday games are very infrequent.  But you know Wisconsin is royally pissed about  what happened Saturday afternoon.

The game is at 5:00 on BTN+ Sunday.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey resumed today.   OT: Hockey resumed today. EmptySun Feb 14, 2021 8:08 pm

Michigan lost 3-2 to Wisconsin today.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Hockey resumed today.   OT: Hockey resumed today. Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Hockey resumed today.
Page 1 of 1